How many Huges in the MM?

Kunimatyu

First Post
Do you think the number of Huge/Gargantuan/Colossal creatures will be lower in the new MM than in the 3.5 one? WotC must be thinking in terms of their minis line, and they typically only do a few huge sets every few years.

I suspect that dragons and epic demon lords will be the only monsters to occupy the Gargantuan+ sizes, and that the number of Huges will be around 30-40, tops.

Actually, I think someone said that fighting really big creatures is fairly common in Epic, although that might have meant that it's much less common pre-epic.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Rather than the larger monsters all just shrinking, I think the evidence is that there are going to be different sizes of more of the classic creatures (like the bulette and hydra) in the MM, so that large minis can be made for them.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
I believe that many of the huge creatures will become large but the mini versions will be on the large end of Large as a size and could be used on 3"x3" bases.

The new packaging will be very friendly to oversized larges unless the previous boxes.

Kunimatyu

First Post
jodyjohnson said:
I believe that many of the huge creatures will become large but the mini versions will be on the large end of Large as a size and could be used on 3"x3" bases.

The new packaging will be very friendly to oversized larges unless the previous boxes.

Hopefully that means we'll get that Nycaloth sculpt they made for Blood War that was too big for the booster size.

Er, Nycademon. My bad.

Glyfair

Explorer
jodyjohnson said:
Note that the giants have become large, with huge versions that are "more elemental" in nature.

So, we know we will have a selection of giants that are huge in the MM, that have large versions as well.

Remove ads