D&D 5E How Many PHB's have you bought?

How many 5e Player's Handbooks have you bought for your personal use?

Votes: 64 40.0%

Votes: 46 28.8%

Votes: 17 10.6%

Votes: 7 4.4%

Votes: 6 3.8%

Votes: 5 3.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10+

• ZERO

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Well Technically....(other, explain below)

Votes: 4 2.5%

Shiroiken

Legend
I've only ever bought 1 PHB for each edition, because that's what I need. I didn't buy the revised 2E or 3.5 for different reasons. The revised 2E book didn't make enough changes to bother with buying the new edition. I objected to the 3.5 book because a friend realized that you could create a 4 page document with all the changes, so I just used that instead instead of shelling out $30.

Zaxarus

Explorer
I bought the trio - PHB, DMG and MM - as soon as they were available with a substantial discount, and resold them (for a few more bucks :p) as soon as i understood 5e was not my thing (same thing happened with 4e)... well, i suppose it still counts as 1 copy.

tsadkiel

Legend
One, though I passed it on to my nephews when they started playing D&D at school. When I run 5E I use the Basic rules and some selected portions of the SRD.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I've only ever bought 1 PHB for each edition, because that's what I need. I didn't buy the revised 2E or 3.5 for different reasons. The revised 2E book didn't make enough changes to bother with buying the new edition. I objected to the 3.5 book because a friend realized that you could create a 4 page document with all the changes, so I just used that instead instead of shelling out $30.
Wise choice.

WotC even released such a document themselves, IIRC, plus one updating various other 3.0 books to 3.5.

I answered 0, as among my group there was already two PHBs so I had access to them when needed. I'd have most certainly bought a PDF version if it had been offered.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
That’s really smart
A double-sided scanner with good OCR software helps a lot. I did the same thing with all my other books, so I don't have a hardcopy of any of them anymore. It's much easier having them on my laptop than lugging around a bunch of books when I go to play.

Three copies, two of the standard which I gifted to friends because I wanted to play back when 5e was fresh.
That is if we count standard editions. If we include the limited edition gift set, it's four.
If WotC changes their mind about PDFs for 5e when 5.5e is out, I might buy a digital copy for archival/referencing purposes.

aco175

Legend
I bought 3 when they first came out for myself and two of the players in our group. A 4th when my son started playing and kept taking mine.

Remove ads