D&D General How much dice do you own?

How many individual dice do you own?

• None. Yeah, I'm that person. Give me your dice. Dice Mooch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
How much does I has the dice?

About 60 at my DM's house that I leave there.

About 100 in a box behind my own DM screen, of which 20-ish are out at any given time.

About 75 community dice (at a conservative guess), some left behind by ex-players and some that I bought.

And a small boatload that aren't mine but quasi-permanently reside here, left by and owned by my players.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I'm in the 50-100 camp now, but I've given away or lost so many dice in the last 30 years or so i'd easily fit in in the next category up if I had them all back.

That said, I still have the first really cool set of dice I ever bought, back in 1995 or so, when I was playing in the Dark Sun campaign that I reduced me to D&D. There have been many more since, but I'll never let those babies go.
IMG_20200601_211718393.jpg

Gilladian

Adventurer
I have maybe 50. Lost my old dice in a move a few years back and had to start over.

But a friend just bought a set of resin molds and is coming over in a couple weeks to try them out with me! I have resin, inks, mica powders, etc....

aco175

Legend
I use roughly 20 every week and have another 20 or so at home of which a few are old and no longer roll right. I also have a few sets left that are given to new players at home or at cons. I no longer rotate the dice by punishing those that do not cooperate.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The example given is Canadian, and the company is "Wiz Dice".

I'm Canadian, and I've never heard of them. Then again, being from the west coast, most of Canada forgets we exist anyway, so maybe it's a Canadian thing like "Canadian Bacon'. (We call that 'back bacon' and you never see it anywhere.)

Actually, apparently not. I looked up the Chessex one and it's 440g, so you're pretty spot on. Aren't Chessex dice a little bit bigger than some other brands? That would explain their caveat that their bag contains 80-100 dice.

A little, I guess. The 'pound o' dice' tend to come with a few oversized dice and a few tiny ones, so it evens out. There's usually a decent number of d20's in there, a LOT of d6's and never EVER enough d8's. Weird styles, too. We break 'em up and put 'em in our singles.

This is really just an excuse to browse dice on Amazon of course.

Of course!

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
A little, I guess. The 'pound o' dice' tend to come with a few oversized dice and a few tiny ones, so it evens out. There's usually a decent number of d20's in there, a LOT of d6's and never EVER enough d8's. Weird styles, too. We break 'em up and put 'em in our singles.
I worked at an FLGS for some years, and one of my favorite things was getting first crack at the new dice and the used figs.(y)

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
How many happen to have a lot of D10's because they played games under the Storyteller system such as Vampire: the Masquearade?
I play Exalted with a big group (as many as 10 people at the table sometimes) and I made sure we'd have enough d10s for everyone to have 20 each... and then also bought most of the sets put out for the Chronicles of Darkness games that have the success numbers painted a different color because that's convenient.

Similarly, we play Shadowrun too so we bought up like a dozen of those 36d6 bricks to make sure everyone had "enough"

Remove ads