D&D General How much dice do you own?

How many individual dice do you own?

• None. Yeah, I'm that person. Give me your dice. Dice Mooch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Mad_Jack

Legend
Note: I'm certain I've given away more dice than I currently own in the nearly forty years I've been playing D&D...
That said...

Currently 336... (And thank you so very much for triggering my OCD and making me count them all, lol)

That number will be climbing by 45 when the six sets of dice I ordered from China eventually arrive.

I collect old dice, pretty colors, unusual sizes and odd dice - I still have a couple dice from my first Basic set as well as some dice from Star Frontiers, I have large dice that are hollow and have smaller dice inside them, I have the usual unusual suspects (d30, d100), I have blank bone-colored dice that someday will be the victim of the scrimshaw kit I acquired years ago, I have a large 50mm orange foam Loot Crate d20, I have dice from the PotC game (d6s w/ skulls on the six), I have rochambeau dice with rock/paper/scissors hands on them, I have a d6 who's pips are pink Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons, a pair of d6s on which one has all the odd numbers written as negative (-1, 2, -3, 4, etc.) and the other has negative even numbers, a d6 with a bird instead of the 6, and two d6s with the numbers spelled out in Turkish (bir, iki, uc, dort, bes, alti)... I'm sure I've missed a couple of my more interesting dice.

The largest die I own is the 50mm Loot Crate d20, while the smallest are about 6mm.

pkt77242

Explorer
Currently, I have about 150-200 dice but I have backed 3 dice Kickstarters for which I am awaiting the rewards. So about another 100 dice are coming my way in the next 6 months.....

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
My prize dice possession is the three dice in my bag that came with the Moldvay basic box I started playing D&D with in the 80's. No crayon.
Yes, I recently found my dice from my original purchase back in the day (my friend got the Holmes, so I must have bought mine at the hobby store). Some do have crayon, some don't. One of the d20s is more like a sphere.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And nowadays there's no real limits to numbers of dice for anyone with their own 3-D printer and some time...

Bazooka to swat a fly territory, there.

An entry level 3D printer is $200-$400. A set of molds to cast your own dice costs under $10.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Bazooka to swat a fly territory, there.

An entry level 3D printer is $200-$400. A set of molds to cast your own dice costs under $10.
A friend of mine, his daughter makes her own dice. She's got molds, she melts whatever it is dice are made of, puts in weird colors and glitter and other stuff. They come out pretty cool, tbh. It's her hobby. And she's got a LOT of dice...

Nytmare

David Jose
No idea what the exact number is, but 100-500 is a safe bet. I've been playing RPGs for 40 years, and though I don't think I've ever "collected" dice per se, I've definitely acquired a lot of them.

I don't buy them frequently, but I'm not at all opposed to buying a special set for a specific character or game. Off the top of my head in the last 5 years, I've probably bought 2 sets as gifts, 1 cube set of D6s to sit with my copy of The Quiet Year, a set of Fudge Dice, 2 or 3 sets as parts of Kickstarters, and a Die Rolling App that was almost immediately lost amidst the other die rollers I have on my phone and I will probably never use in a game, but I wanted to support the creator.

Magister Ludorum

Adventurer
This is the centerpiece of our dining room table. Every member of the family has 50-100 they use when playing.

Attachments

• 20200327_224713.jpg
    20200327_224713.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases