D&D General How much dice do you own?

How many individual dice do you own?

• None. Yeah, I'm that person. Give me your dice. Dice Mooch.

Votes: 0 0.0%

MxBaticeer

Villager
If it’s true that a pound bag of dice is 100, then I guess I have over 100 which puts me in “collector” territory on this poll, but I don’t really think I have a LOT of dice compared to many people. All the dice I’ve got are:

• Big pound bag, not the Chessex pound but one of the ones that came with a guaranteed number of matching sets. i don’t remember the exact brand (Maybe Wizdice?) I got these when I was introducing a group of new players when I figured out it cost as much to get the giant bag as to buy two individual sets, so it was ridiculously more cost-effective for a brand new group. The players wanted me to keep all the dice, rather than taking any sets home themselves, so I still have these after the campaign ended.
  • Two chessex sets. One just a random impulse buy and the other was chosen for a specific character I was playing. I know a lot of people like having a themed set for each new major character they play.
  • A couple of sparkly glitter d20s that I got to hand out to players to represent Inspiration because IME everyone always forgets to use it without a reminder.
  • Some marbled red d6s that I bought when I was playing a rogue in adventurer’s league because I thought it would be fun to have special dice for my sneak attack damage.
  • Big transparent d20 with another small d20 inside of it, bought this one because it was just a weird little novelty.

So all in all I haven’t actually made that many individual dice purchases and don’t consider myself a big dice fan or anything. Now miniatures on the other hand... THOSE are where I have a problem...

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
My dice bag weighs about 1kg. That’s 2 or so pounds. I have no idea how many dice that actually is. If the earlier maths are correct, that means around 200. I usually buy a new set for every campaign I play in. I love my shiny math rocks.

Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I had said between 50 and 100... and then I began to count them, and it was more than 120... I think I have a dice problem...

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Since starting this thread, I’ve bought three more sets, including a set of rainbow fluorite.
Let's see - you started this thread on June 1. You posted this on June 9.

That's three sets in nine days; for math simplicity let's call it 3 in 10. That extrapolates to 9 sets in 30 days; 90 in 300; or about 112 sets a year. If each set contains an average of 8 dice, that's gettin' on for a rate of maybe 900 dice a year.

At that rate, and assuming June 1 as a start-from-zero point, you'll be able to completely bury yourself in dice by about the end of this century... :)

Mercurius

Legend
Let's see - you started this thread on June 1. You posted this on June 9.

That's three sets in nine days; for math simplicity let's call it 3 in 10. That extrapolates to 9 sets in 30 days; 90 in 300; or about 112 sets a year. If each set contains an average of 8 dice, that's gettin' on for a rate of maybe 900 dice a year.

At that rate, and assuming June 1 as a start-from-zero point, you'll be able to completely bury yourself in dice by about the end of this century... :)

Funny. Thankfully my rate of purchasing dice isn't consistent. But...I've got a few sets on my Ebay watchlist and Amazon cart, and have a $5 credit at my FLGS, so...

Remove ads