D&D 5E How often do you play?

We play once a fortnight on a Wednesday night for about 4-5 hours. All but 1 player in our group is in their 30's or 40's, so gaming more frequently just isn't possible for most of us. I'd like to play more often, but I'm happy playing once every other week.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Several campaigns...

Wednesday evening weekly (D&D Encounters) for 2 hours
Friday night - two campaigns alternating each week (D&D 5E and Deadlands Noir) for 3-4 hours
Saturday evening weekly - D&D 5e for 2 hours
Saturday evening fortnightly - D&D 5e Expeditions for 3 hours

Cheers!

Shiroiken

Legend
I play and run in alternating games on Saturdays, which run about 4 hours each. I also play in a Thursday night game, which is officially 3 hours, but is often closer to 2.

Average 6 hours per week.

HobbitFan

Explorer
I'm trying to join the local Encounters group on Wednesdays. I'm on week 5 of that coming up.
I also have an Edge of Empire game every other Sunday days and an occasional RPG/boardgame some Sunday nights.
Honestly, this is the most I've gamed since 3E came out.

Rhenny

Adventurer
I DM one campaign and try to play 2-3 hours weekly, but since Christmas, we've only played 3 or 4 times. I was also playing in a weekly game that also has played less since Christmas. I hope both campaigns get back to 3 sessions a month if not weekly.

fba827

Adventurer
Once a week for approx 6 hours ( though if the more players that show up, the more side banter so less actual play whereas if it's a small core of us there it is a very focused 6 hours of actual play time)

Recently?

Sadly, none, haven't touched any of my characters for 3 months now.
My real life adventures keeps on interfering with my DnD adventures...

And my DnD character is more powerful and cooler than my real life character. Sadly I don't have my DnD spells/skills/items to help me in my real life campaigns. Shocker.

Mavkatzer

Explorer
We *average* once a week. At the end of every session (I DM a 4hour 5E session for 5 players) we decide what day, the next week, we will play. So the space in between sessions be quite chaotic. For example, at the end of a Monday session, we may decide to play Friday of the next week, being 11 days later On the other end of the scale, on a Friday we may decide to play Monday of next week, being three days later (YIKES! Says the DM!). We all have different schedules, some of which vary (the ER doctor is our ultimate wild-card). But despite these obstacles, we are (so far) blessed and lucky to have a very committed group and VERY VERY understanding partners.

Remove ads