• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How old is your gaming group?

How old is your gaming group

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Group #1: 6 years. Technically speaking, the group started close to 14 years ago, back in high school. We stopped playing for 5 or so years, and then most of us got back into the hobby. And then one-by-one we started dropping off again. And then it was just me, and one of my best friends from high school. My wife joined, and then we recruited 2 other guys. Even though 2 of us carried over from that first incarnation, I really feel like the current incarnation of me, my friend from H.S., my wife, the 2 guys we recruited, and the 2 guys we've added since then is a different, solid, stable group. So, 6 years.

Group #2 is going on 2 years old. Good group of guys, though the games tend to be a little more rules-heavy than I prefer. It works though.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I added in 21-24 years. It's out of order, but it's now up there!

My current group former in '91 or '92. I've been lucky - we've had no turnover whatsoever in the past seven or eight years.

Thanks! that's what I get for posting a bit late, and when I'm ridiculously sick.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
We've had numerous folks move into and out of our group over the years but all of them have been long term friends (or wives). But the current group we've got is the same four guys who have been gaming together for coming up on 20 years.

Time flies when you're having fun I guess. :D

Gilladian

Adventurer
I'm in two groups. The online group has been together for about 3 years, I think. Just after 4e came out, we started, and have had 3 of the same players the whole time, tho others have come and gone. However, the DM is my big brother, who taught me to play in 1975.

The face to face group is about 2.5 years old, but I've played with the various players in the group for 30 years, 20+ years, 17 years and 2.5 years.

hagor

First Post
I am currently in two groups:

group 1: that has to be about 20 years ('90 or '91). Three (2 friends an myself) have been playing fairly regularly since then (with me as GM), currently four of the original five are still playing (again with me as GM).

group 2 formed about 8 years ago. I know the GM from the Sunday Night, Game Night (tm) when I was a student & he invited me when he started a new campaign (D&D, now White Wolf (Werewolf))

Hagor

One of the people I currently game with was in my first RPG session, back in 1976. Another played with me and him first in 1979. While there's no one else left from that time, I think I'm justified in saying we're still basically the same group meeting in the same general area, even if sometimes we only met a few times each year.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've been with my current group for six years, but the group already existed. I'll have to ask them how long ago the group was formed.

Until last summer I had another group that played for about three years; this one is currently on hiatus, but we might restart it in the near future.

My longest running group was for a 19 years campaign. There was naturally quite a bit of turn-over, but myself (I was the DM) and two players remained for the whole duration. A further player was with us for at least 15 years.

saskganesh

First Post
my current player campaign started around 1983. I took a 15 year break, but have resumed a year-and-a-half ago with a character I started in the early '90's.

it's my brother's game... we have been playing "as a group" since 1977.

Jhaelen

First Post
The group as a whole only about six years. But there are some players in the group I've been playing with for almost 30 years.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads