• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Huge SPOILER for end of Return of the King

Kai Lord

Hero
This post is related to a discussion on the General Forum....

I made the comment that in the first movie they could have used the giant eagle that saves Gandalf to fly Frodo to Mount Doom with the ring and just skip the entire adventure and the guy I was talking to stated that he agreed it was strange especially since giant eagles come and rescue them from Mordor at the end. I really didn't need to have that last bit revealed. Sigh.....

Last edited:

Tom Cashel

First Post
Bah! I thought you were going to say something else entirely. That doesn't spoil the ending at all. That's more of an afterthought than anything else.

Now if you want spoilers, I could tell you about how

**CENSORED BY THE GODS OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND TRUE**

Last edited:

More spoiler info....

Ah, but if Frodo had not picked up the 'hitch-hiker', he would not have been able to destroy the ring. If he'd flown there (assuming the Nazgul didn't intercept him), he'd not have had the will to destroy the ring. The journey was a way to toughen Frodo, to steel his will for what must be done. And even then, it wasn't enough.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Azure Trance said:
After reading that, I'm still trying to decide whether it was a spoiler or not. Is it harmless, or is the movie now ruined?

I supose it is technicaly a spoiler for those who have not read the books. If you've read the books this comes as no surprise.

Michael Tree

First Post
It's really not that big a spoiler. It's akin to saying that Luke is rescued by Han and Leia at the end of The Empire Strikes Back.

Sure, it's technically a spoiler, but it happens in the denoument, well past the climax, and doesn't spoil anything that happens before it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads