Humans and low light/darkvision...

Daedalus

Explorer
I was just wondering if anyone had any item suggestions or ways for a low level human (lvl 4) to get either dark vision or low light vision? Thanks! =)

pontus

First Post
Gouge out your eyes and replace them with the eyes of an elf (warning, this only works if your DM is a sick, sick person).

-or-

Buy a pair of Goggles of Night (price is a bit steep for a 4th level char though).

-or-

Buy a potion of darkvision (mostly useful for emergencies).

-or-

Get a significant other who can cast darkvision on you.

kreynolds

First Post
Here are some ideas for ya':

use activated magic item (unlimited charges or constant) = 12,000 gp
use activated (1/day, lasts 3 hours) = 2,400 gp
command word (unlimited charges, 3 hours per use) = 10,800 gp
command word (1/day, 3 hours per use) = 2,160 gp
use activated (10 charges, 3 hours per use) = 1,200 gp
command word (10 charges, 3 hours per use) = 1,080 gp

All of the above items grant darkvision. Items that grant a constant benefit are generally in ring form. All of these items take up a worn item slot on the character.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Here are some more. These all grant Low-Light Vision, as per the spell in the Magic of Faerun cast at 3rd level:

use activated magic item (unlimited charges or constant) = 6,000 gp
use activated (1/day, lasts 3 hours) = 1,200 gp
command word (unlimited charges, 3 hours per use) = 5,400 gp
command word (1/day, 3 hours per use) = 1,080 gp
use activated (10 charges, 3 hours per use) = 600 gp
command word (10 charges, 3 hours per use) = 540 gp

All of the above items grant low-light vision. Items that grant a constant benefit are generally in ring form. All of these items take up a worn item slot on the character.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Storminator said:
Wand of Darkvision:
50 charges, 4500 gp
PS

Wand of Darkvision:
49 charges, 4,410 gp :p

Only problem with wands is that you can't use them unless you have the spell on your class spell list, or you have Use Magic Device.

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Or...if you really have the money...

Charm of Darkvision = 24,000 gp

This one doesn't take up a worn item slot and is constantly active. Basically, the instant you step into a dark area and the charm is in your possession, it kicks in. Here's a low-light version too.

Charm of Low-Light Vision = 12,000 gp

Dingleberry

First Post
One of my players (human character) wanted darkvision, so I had a brass dragon (who was appreciative that the party had slain a blue and its wyrmling throng) gouge out one of his eyes and replace it with the eye of one of the dead wyrmlings, granting him darkvision and low-light vision (but in only one eye).

Xarlen

First Post
Dude, I would love to be that fighter!

I would so base the character after the fact he has a Dragon Eye.

Infact, I did have an idea of a character, a fighter posing as a mage: Basicly having a powerful magic item, a 'Dragon Eye', inserted into the socket, which allowed extensive and powerful illusions.

Remove ads