I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Xanaqui

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
Vorpal weapon is nasty. Not the insta-kill it used to be, but might as well...

Lvl 30 magic weapon. +6 enhan to hit and damage
Deals +1d12 per enhancement on a crit (so basically +6d12)
Whenever you roll the maximum result on any damage die for this weapon, roll that die again and add the additional result to the damage total. If a reroll results in another maximum damage result, roll it again and keep adding.
Also has a Daily Power that is a FREE Action...When you hit with the weapon, deal an extra 3d12 damage with the attack.
Note that the continual re-roll on max result ends up being less than adding +1 to the mean of each roll. For example, doing this with a d6 gives a mean around 4.2 (instead of 3.5).

Rechan

Adventurer
Kosj said:
Could someone please post the levels of the different dragons? I'm curious as to the level spread between them.

Young Black Dragon (4 Solo Lurker) Adult Black Dragon (11 Solo Lurker) Elder Black Dragon (18 Solo Lurker) Ancient Black Dragon (26 Solo Lurker)

Young Blue Dragon (6 Solo Artillery) Adult Blue Dragon (13 Solo Artillery) Elder Blue (20 Solo Artillery) Ancient Blue (28 Solo Artillery)

Young Green Dragon (5 Solo Skirmisher) Adult Green (12 Solo Controller) Elder Green (19 Solo Controller) Ancient Green (27 Solo Controller) Yes it goes from Skirmisher to Controller.

Young Red Dragon (7 Solo Soldier) Adult Red (15 Solo Soldier) Elder (22 Solo Soldier) Ancient (30 Solo Soldier)

Young White (3 Solo Brute) Adult White (9 Solo Brute) Elder White (17 Solo Brute) Ancient White (24 Solo Brute).

RigaMortus2

First Post
Zedcuk said:
Probably because you can have as many OA's a round as you like but only 1 per combatant. Combat reflexes has to change as multiple OA's are irrelevant from a Feat now :)

I know, but just a +1 is not worth it for the feat IMHO. If a feat grants a bonus that only occurs in certain situations and not all the time, I think it should be greater than +1.

jtrowell

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
I know, but just a +1 is not worth it for the feat IMHO. If a feat grants a bonus that only occurs in certain situations and not all the time, I think it should be greater than +1.

Attack bonuses are fairly rare in 4th edition (weapon focus give a bonus to damage, not to hit, to a whole weapon type), and to some fighter builds, this +1 added to the combat superiotty bonus can make for some hard-to-doge AOs.

Kosj

First Post
Rechan said:
Young Black Dragon (4 Solo Lurker) Adult Black Dragon (11 Solo Lurker) Elder Black Dragon (18 Solo Lurker) Ancient Black Dragon (26 Solo Lurker)

Young Blue Dragon (6 Solo Artillery) Adult Blue Dragon (13 Solo Artillery) Elder Blue (20 Solo Artillery) Ancient Blue (28 Solo Artillery)

Young Green Dragon (5 Solo Skirmisher) Adult Green (12 Solo Controller) Elder Green (19 Solo Controller) Ancient Green (27 Solo Controller) Yes it goes from Skirmisher to Controller.

Young Red Dragon (7 Solo Soldier) Adult Red (15 Solo Soldier) Elder (22 Solo Soldier) Ancient (30 Solo Soldier)

Young White (3 Solo Brute) Adult White (9 Solo Brute) Elder White (17 Solo Brute) Ancient White (24 Solo Brute).

Thanks alot.

Baka no Hentai

First Post
Forgive me if this has already been asked (I've been through this thread and several others on the board and havent noticed it) but can anyone explain exactly how the passive perception skills work?

For example say that I've got a group of PCs and a group of orcs blundering through the forest, unaware that they are bound to cross paths. How do I figure out which group sees the other first? In this scenario neither group starts with a clue about the other, so they would not be attempting to move silently or actively spot the other group.

It looks like my earlier post got lost in the shuffle, so I'll ask again. What languages are listed and, aside from the Linguist feat, how do characters learn them? Thanks!

abyssaldeath

First Post
The DM would "roll" passive perception checks for both groups. (Roll is in quotes because a passive check is just taking ten on the roll.) If I were the DM I would rule it that which ever group has the highest check gets to notice the other first.

Bishmon

First Post
Devlin Rainguard said:
It looks like my earlier post got lost in the shuffle, so I'll ask again. What languages are listed and, aside from the Linguist feat, how do characters learn them? Thanks!
Common
Deep Speech
Draconic
Dwarven
Elven
Giant
Goblin
Primordial
Supernal
Abyssal

The only ways I've seen to learn languages are through the Linguist feat or the half-elf's racial ability. There might be more, but they haven't jumped out at me.

Remove ads