I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Bishmon said:
Common
Deep Speech
Draconic
Dwarven
Elven
Giant
Goblin
Primordial
Supernal
Abyssal

The only ways I've seen to learn languages are through the Linguist feat or the half-elf's racial ability. There might be more, but they haven't jumped out at me.

Cool, thanks! I'm a little disappointed that there's no way to take just one language you'd like. Still, at least there's enought there that I have no qualms taking Linguist for one of my first levels (might have to take it a second time as well).

Baka no Hentai

First Post
abyssaldeath said:
The DM would "roll" passive perception checks for both groups. (Roll is in quotes because a passive check is just taking ten on the roll.) If I were the DM I would rule it that which ever group has the highest check gets to notice the other first.

That makes sense. Follow-up question, is there simply one "Passive Perception" skill, or is there a Passive Spot and Passive Listen?

Additionally, does the DMG give any guidance as to around when these checks should take place?

chaotix42

First Post
MindWanderer said:
Are you sure? Arcane Initiate allows you to be considered a wizard for the purpose of qualifying for stuff, so if you're 21st level, and you're considered a wizard, doesn't that make you a 21st-level wizard?

The multiclass feats actually say that you count as a member of the class for meeting feat pre-reqs and Paragon paths. Nothing about Epic Destinies.

Just my call - waiting to be proven wrong. :D

Kosj

First Post
To follow on from my question about the dragons, how about dracoliches? What different types are there, what level are they and what size?

Bishmon

First Post
Kosj said:
To follow on from my question about the dragons, how about dracoliches? What different types are there, what level are they and what size?
Level 18 solo huge Dracolich
Level 23 solo gargantuan Blackfire Dracolich
Level 29 solo gargantuan Runescribed Dracolich

Bishmon

First Post
A few random thoughts:

-I really like most of the classes. Often times, they're not as much as I'd like them to be, but for what they are, they're really good.

-Feats are disappointing. We've pretty much seen all the racial feats at one point or another. There's a few new ones, but not much. And each race looks like it only has one racial paragon feat, and no racial epic feat. Epic feats in general are disappointing. There's not many of them, and half of them are just 'You can crit on a 19 or 20 with this weapon'.

-Artifacts are an absolute abomination that shall never be spoken of again.

-Magic items are good.

-It'll be interesting to see how mounted combat works in play.

-Epic destinies are a letdown considering there's only four of them, but paragon paths are great. It's easy to see that doing the extra multiclassing in place of taking a paragon path is suboptimal, though.

-All in all, my enthusiasm went from a 10 at the announcement to a 5 during the pre-release stuff and now back up to an 8 or so after spending some time with the books.

Kosj

First Post
Bishmon said:
Level 18 solo huge Dracolich
Level 23 solo gargantuan Blackfire Dracolich
Level 29 solo gargantuan Runescribed Dracolich

Odd. The lowest level gargantuan Dracolich is a lower level than the lowest level gargantuan dragon (the Elder white, which is level 24...).

mneme

Explorer
Stacking?

So we've seen hints that you can't stack bonuses from feats, but you can clearly stack them with other things (class abilities, weapon ability, stat bonuses, power results...).

So what -are- the stacking rules? I'd think it would be "you can't stack the same thing on top of itself" and nothing more, given the paucity of bonuses, but is there more to it? Is it "take the highest bonus of each type from your feats, plus all other bonuses"? Or what?

Remove ads