I give you... the INFINITAUR!

Belzamus said:
o_O I could swear I wrote that down. Hmm... *reverse engineers* Looks like +456.

In all honesty, he's probably too weak. He simply lacks options to deal with the sort of out-of-context problems that Eternals can throw at him to get around his transmortality. He's very much designed as a monster, not as a character, so he only has a few iconic abilities rather than a chasis of dozens, if not hundreds of lesser powers.

(U_K, this is where you make a quip about 4E. :D)

4E good, 3E bad. :p

Belzamus said:
Basically, only poorly optimized eternals are really going to fall prey to him. He has no means of dealing with transcendental defenses of any kind, let alone omnific ones.

But, I wanted to keep a certain brutish aspect to him, which is why he's lacking those sort of sophisticated abilities.

Case in point, the game kind of breaks down at this level. :p (It actually broke down about 600 levels ago. :lol:)

This is the problem with 3E epic/immortal play. Mechanically it just falls apart and logistically its just FAR too complex in terms of working parts.

You'd probably be better off playing Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine the winner of Cosmic level conflicts.

Oh, and I forgot to specify the weapon somehow. I envision it using a trident, not sure what UK had in mind. It should probably have some sort of special Gore attack, too.

I think the initial inspiration was to be a cross between a Minotaur and a Hecatonchiere with the dials kicked up to '11'. The DNA strand body would look like Barbed Wire drilling and shredding its way through an Eternal's armour.

The whole monster probably would have had an infinite number of arms, not sure if that suits it having manufactured weapons...probably not.

Hammerheadd

First Post
I was thinking: since the infinitaur is really infinite in size maybe it should have the panversal ability (infinite reach)? Speaking of that what happens if someone with panversal makes a whirlwind attack do they just hit everyone on the plane?

Belzamus

First Post
I know I considered that. I might have ruled that it was too far out of line, even for the the infinitaur, since, yeah, it would interact with whirlwind attack the way you describe. It does seem like it would be fitting, though.

Remove ads