• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I love D&D!

darjr

I crit!
Vin loves D&D.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwlalS7C7ZQ]YouTube - Vin Diesel Talks About His Dungeons and Dragons Character[/ame]

Adso

First Post
I just have to chuckle at all this doom-and-gloom, "D&D is dying!" stuff. Maybe it's because I just started playing in December...

Fine, D&D might be in a death spiral. Whatever. It's still my favorite new hobby, and one I plan on enjoying for a good, long time, and sharing with lots of new friends.

LOL. Put it in perspective. I've been playing D&D for around 25 years. D&D has been in its death spiral at least 6 times that I can remember in my tenure.

I have faith. D&D is a survivor because it is the greatest game in the world. I'm glad you've joined the fun!

FireLance

Legend
Friends, ENWorlders, gamers, lend me your ears eyeballs...

4d20+7 years ago* the Creators brought forth on this continent world a new nation game, conceived in imagination, and dedicated to the proposition that sitting around a table, rolling dice, and pretending to be a fantasy character is a pretty good way to spend your leisure time.

Now we are engaged in a great civil edition war, testing whether that game, or any game, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war...

I have a dream that one day this nation message board will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that sitting around a table, rolling dice, and pretending to be a fantasy character is a pretty good way to spend your leisure time."

I have a dream that my little children will one day log on to a message board where they will not be judged by the edition they play, but by the content of their posts...

I have a dream that one day in Gen Con, the players of former editions and the players of current and future editions will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood...

Now is the time to lift our message board from the quicksand of edition intolerance to the solid rock of brotherhood... Let imagination ring!

P.S. They may take our pdfs, but they'll never take our imagination! ;)

* For certain values of 4d20+7, anyway. :p

Agamon

Adventurer
I loves me some D&D! And the only wizards-bashing I enjoy involves BBEG spellcasters and a nice, solid magical mace.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
A beat up copy of Keep on the Borderlands was my first exposure to D&D.

After I got my hands on the actual rules, my love affair with D&D began and only got crazier with getting my hands on copies of White Plume Mountain, Against the Giants, Decent into the depths of the earth, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demonweb Pits, Villiage of Hommlett, A1-4, Tomb of Horrors (5 PC's, 5 attempts, NO SURVIVORS...)...

These and many more sparked and drove my imagination even when I went to other fantasy adventure systems I always wound up back with D&D. All night gaming sessions have gotten my friends and I through breakups, bad semesters at school, boredom and many other trials of life.

I lost a little bit of that loving feeling with 2nd Edition and more recently with 4th Edition, but recently I've come to an important understanding: the very thing that I don't like is going to be someone's first exposure to that thing and they may well love it. Who am I to tell them that it sucks? Who is ANYONE to do that really? If someone had told me that D&D and RPG's sucked might I have still been involved so deeply in my hobby? Trust me there are days when I lurk on the WOTC boards and I wish that I wasnt part of this hobby. But for the most part I'm glad I picked up that beat up copy of Keep on the Borderlands all those years ago.

I love the in game victories and the losses as well. Each one has been a learning experience. For the most part I've had fair DM's and really try to be fair myself.

Thanks D&D.

Aus_Snow

First Post
From OD&D in 1974, right through to 3rd edition in 2000, and beyond, to those games that build on that legacy, or certain parts of it, helping the true spirit to live on - D&D is a great game.

Yep. I love D&D. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads