• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I love D&D!

bouncyhead

Explorer
This thread is like an encounter group! My name's Mike and I'm a dunge-aholic...

Loving the D&D. 30 years and still going strong. The gift that keeps on giving. Gotta go now and listen at a door...

SolitonMan

Explorer
One time, at band camp...these seniors were playing D&D and I was a curious freshmen. That was nearly 30 years ago, and D&D is still my favorite hobby. I generally think of other games as things I do to fill in time between D&D sessions.

I love D&D! :)

Festivus

First Post
I've played 1st edition AD&D, 2E, 3E (which is the first edition I played), 4E, OD&D, Basic D&D - and I just want to say one thing: I Love D&D!

Who's with me?

Just omit 2E from that list (something having to do with Booze, Chicks and other controlled substances... a part of my life I want to forget), but heck yah, I love to play D&D. The feel of that 20 sider in my sweaty palm as I hope that my character can make that save and not die in a fiery pit of doom, or negotiations with a lich to exchange it's phylactory for the lives of the farmers in the nearby thorp (only to be betrayed later)... is hard to find in any other form of entertainment.

chaotix42

First Post
Can't believe I've missed this thread so far! It's so cool to see the OP being showered with praise and gifts from so many! Enworld is dripping with winsauce. *XP for OP*

I must say that I've played several RPGs in the past. I've liked many. I've only ever felt love for D&D.

Reigan

First Post
I quite WoW last year so I could spend more time playing p&p games. I got fed up with the grind & repetition and wanted to create my own stories.

I got a new group going made up of new and lapsed players. One of the new guys just got his copies of the rule book through the post as he wants to run a game.

We're having a blast & when we play the edition war feels very far away.

Henry

Autoexreginated
(With apologies to Joan Jett)

I saw Prince Orcus sittin' on top of his throne
Skulls piled high, the thing was made of bone
My sword was glowin' strong
My mage was in the zone
An' I could tell it wouldn't be long
Till Orcus was dead, yeah, dead, and us singin'

I love D&D!
So put some more gold in the treasure, baby
I love D&D!
So roll another 20 and slay that fiend!

Henrix

Explorer
Great thread!

I love D&D! And have so for almost thirty years, now. (And other RPGs as well!)

I was pretty despondent because one of my regular groups seems to be splitting up (new kids, job advancement, and what have you), but after reading this thread I feel a lot better, and confident that I'll find a couple of new players and get on with it!

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I love RPGs and particularly fantasy RPGs.
The name D&D has no special meaning there beyond historic significance.

Yes and no, BryonD. D&D will also have this special place in my heart for being my first contact with this hobby. And 26 years of experience have shown that it has a certain quality, almost all other RPGs lack: we'll come back to it any time we've spend some time with other games.

Oh, the other game with this quality is Call of Cthulhu. You just can't get enough of ol' temtacles... :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads