I raced a slug to ENW...

Asmo

First Post
Yeah, it´s glacially slow, and has been for the last couple of days, and it seems that it´s getting worser and worser.

Asmo

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Yes, we know. We're working on it.

How's that coming, Morrus?

Just as a reference (hopefully to be some help)...I began noticing the lag on Monday night, 8 or 9 GMT+1.

I was going to message you about it on Wed. but figured I'd let you guys do your thing.

Yesterday (Thursday) in the early evening I noticed the speed pick up...NOT EnWorld's norm, mind you, but better than it had been this week. Then it went right back to slug's pace.

Today, say 1ish GMT+1, I was able to get 2 XPing's through. Even though it was still sluggish, I thought "Hey, we're back on track" but after those 2, nada.

Also, in case you didn't know, under "Settings" it will tell me I have "unread" thread subscriptions...but not list/show/link to whatever ones there are.

I don't know if any of that will help...but one never knows.

I am sure this is a vital concern for you and am sure you are working on it.

I do hope things get worked out for you guys soon.

--Steel Dragons

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Was still slow for me until a few minutes ago, I couldn't use the site in days though so right now I'm happy.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We haven't located the cause yet. All that's happened is I turned off a crapload of features, which should help a little. But we really need to figure out why it's being slow.

Orius

Legend
I had a problem with logging yesterday and today. After logging in, I got a screen with a message that said something like "invalid_redirect_x". I tried logging in a few times yesterday and kept getting the same message, so I thought the site was down or experiencing problems, so I left. I got it again today, and this time I came to the forums to see what the problem was. I noticed that I did manage to log in successfully (I thought I wasn't getting logged in at all). I'm not sure, but I think the auto-redirect from logging in is broken.

vagabundo

Adventurer
There was a guy on one of the previous threads on meta here that did posted some test results and said the text was delivered very quickly, but it was the images that held everything up. I think he said he was a web designer. It was from last year sometime.

Remove ads