I really love EN World.

firesnakearies

Explorer
I just want to say, I adore this place. This is an amazing site, and wonderful forums. The community here is the best I've ever seen on the Internet of any sort whatsoever. I love all of the brilliant ideas that people post here, the wonderful discussions, the intelligence, the creativity, the helpfulness, and the civility. The moderators seem to do a fantastic job, and the caliber of the regular posters is just really impressive on a consistent basis.

Especially given the general degradation of much of the rest of the Internet, particularly gaming-related sites, the quality of discourse here is a true delight.

I really appreciate EN World, and the people who make it so awesome. Thank you for being the very best online forum site and community for D&D-lovers like me in the world.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Agreed, and. . . nice!

If not for the (IMO, unnecessary) sideswipe at other gaming forums, that is. Kinda brought the tone down, bro. :(

;) But anyway, I would say there are some other good ones out there. OK, not a ton. But then, the number of those not gathering dust isn't huge either, so. . .

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm in agreement here as well, and I have to say that the backhanded swipe isn't totally undeserved.

I used to post regularly at several sites, but ENWorld is about it now- at least for RPG sites, that is.

For some, it was the uncivil atmosphere that drove me away. For others, it was the extremely slow pace- I'd post there and here, and a thread here would be on its 5th page before the other thread got a 5th response. The sites were nice and so were the people...but waiting for replies was like watching someone pour molasses on Pluto.

Simply put, ENWorld is kind of my "gold standard" for RPG websites.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I agree, as long as you don't think about this too much:

EN World + Circvs Maximvs = those other gaming-related sites

:lol:

Sorry. I just couldn't resist. B-)

weem

First Post
/agree

I expressed a similar sentiment recently ;)

This community knows the game(s) better than any other I have been (and am still) a part of, and they have a deep connection and love for it as well. Things can get heated here, but rarely out of hand - and that just demonstrates the passion for the game here.

As I said recently, when I talk to people who play D&D but are not already here, I tell them "If you want to talk about the game online, you need to be at EN World".

This is the place to be ;)

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Agreed. It's a nice diversion from other hack'n'slash sites out there. I even think ENW stands heads and shoulders above most sites of its size or larger in general, not just RPG sites.

Kudos to Russ and all the mods, as well as the whole community who keep it generally civil, fun and informative. Thanks!

renau1g

First Post
Oh, and unlike a lot of forums I've seen (more video game ones) there's much, much less spam offering such great deals on Nike's or whatever crap they're peddling.

Great job.

Oh and for this thread I thought of this video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFgkjMRvtng"]YouTube- Group Hug[/ame]

Remove ads