• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I think WotC has it backwards (re: story arcs)

cmad1977

Hero

A lot of people say "I do not need anything else from WotC. But they totally are gonna surprise us with a book that I'll buy!". Sounds like defending WotC by saying they are above other books, but really wishing for more books.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone say this, much less 'a lot of people'.

Eric V

Hero
Let's see...
Slated for one year... about 30 short adventures. 2 long ones. 1 book (about 40 pages) of rules crunch (races and spells)... All of it focused upon building a communal public-play user-base. It's not like the passwords have been hard to figure out. This season's was figured easily enough from the player packet for the season.

And they're good adventures. Not great, generally, but good. If my players for my home game hadn't insisted otherwise, I'd have been running those instead, and they'd have more magic items than they do now.

Where are these 30 short adventures?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
THe adventurers league adventures

Expeditions for Tyranny of Dragons: DDEX1-DDEX14

Epics for Tyranny: 1

Expeditions for Elemental Evil: 16

Epics for EE: 1

I got the impression from the most recent survey that they might be toying with releasing these outside organized play eventually; that would be cool to have, along with the Moonsea material AL has.

Eric V

Hero
I got the impression from the most recent survey that they might be toying with releasing these outside organized play eventually; that would be cool to have, along with the Moonsea material AL has.

That'd be nice. Right now I have access to 0 of them.

Some adventures that aren't all level 1-15 would be nice. My group would buy them. We have bought only the first part of the first AP as it stands. We used to buy all the stuff for previous editions.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That'd be nice. Right now I have access to 0 of them.

Some adventures that aren't all level 1-15 would be nice. My group would buy them. We have bought only the first part of the first AP as it stands. We used to buy all the stuff for previous editions.

Try a look at the others; the adventures in Rise and Princes are pretty easy to detach.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Princes of the Apocalypse got leaked early, but it was also done by outside contractors. If they are doing something in house they have demonstrated ample ability to keep things under wraps. Time will tell.

Except that doing so would go against their stated intention of making every book release an event. I would surprised to see any major releases at Gen Con if they haven't made any kind of announcement within the next week or so.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Except that doing so would go against their stated intention of making every book release an event. I would surprised to see any major releases at Gen Con if they haven't made any kind of announcement within the next week or so.

Who said anything about a book? Given their references to board games, I wouldn't be surprised to see a boxed set show up at some point (considering they asked us in a recent survey if we would buy a new box set). And they only let us know about the July Starter Set in June, as pointed out above. They don't need that much lead time.

Remove ads