(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
When the bugbears scatter, Valda moves forward, jumping onto the wall, with her boots allowing her to move up it with ease, to reach the ceiling. Above the Wall of Fire, she quickly moves past it, and scales down the wall to intercept the Bugbear that had gone through the flames towards the gong.

OOC:
Although I it will take a whole lot of dashing, I think, given how high a Wall of Fire is, I can use the Boots of Spider Climbing to go above the flames and then scale down the wall to try to get in the way of Bugbear 7.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
When the bugbears scatter, Valda moves forward, jumping onto the wall, with her boots allowing her to move up it with ease, to reach the ceiling. Above the Wall of Fire, she quickly moves past it, and scales down the wall to intercept the Bugbear that had gone through the flames towards the gong.

OOC:
Although I it will take a whole lot of dashing, I think, given how high a Wall of Fire is, I can use the Boots of Spider Climbing to go above the flames and then scale down the wall to try to get in the way of Bugbear 7.
I may have liked too soon as that bugbear may be dead. Still cool though.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
A formarian ape master on one side. What may be fire giant smith(s) on the other.

Sometimes things can be too interesting.

Tenibor will dirge the one (#1) right in front of him.

(10 dmg. DC16 Wis for half).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Running on the wall, Valda climbed through the relatively narrow exit to the stairs and up onto the room's arching ceiling. She went over the firewall and saw her quarry be shot dead by Jack, just before she had a chance to come down on him.

OOC: @Shadowedeyes Yeah, Valda can take another turn. She'll be upside-down 25 ft. up at CS50 (right over Jack) when she starts her second turn.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Jusat want to check, is Bugbear 1 near Bible still alive? I believe it will be dead if it fails it's wisdom save.
OOC: Let's see.... BB1 dc16 WIS Save: 1D20 = [5] = 5 dead. Bible did 19 & Tenibor killed BB1.

Bible stabbed the bugbear on the stairs. The wound was deep, but the big goblinoid might have survived it, were it not for Tenibor's low durge-note that signalled the bugbear's demise. It slumped down on the stairs, gurgling as it died.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Valda ran across the ceiling. As high as she was, the wall of fire was still quite hot on one side, so she stuck to the cool side, heading for Eoghan. She fired two arrows toward a bugbear, but the rising hot air and her being upside-down threw off her aim.

Eoghan's arrows had so fully perforated the guard, that he sent half of them through the hole at the east end of the firewall and struck another bugbear down as the goblinoid was reading to throw a javelin from behind the stack of crates.

The rest of the bugbears threw a volley of javelins. Most of the javelins went toward Bible, who blocked nearly all of them with her shield, though the large number of clattering shafts strained her defenses. One through a javelin through the wall of fire toward Jack, but missed, and two threw theirs up toward Valda, who struggled to dodge them while upside-down as she couldn't allow both feet to leave the ceiling or she would fall.

OOC: Valda missed, but Eoghan killed BB6. BB3 got Bible for 3 & BB5 & 8 got Valda for 13. I think @VLAD the Destroyer Quinn still needs to go to roll the round?

Quinn moves down the stairs and lashes out at the Bugbear engaged with Jack. The magical thorn covered whip wraps around the bug bear and then drags it into the heat radiating from the wall of fire.

OOC: Quinn: AC17* HP 60/62 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc18 2/4 1/3 1/3 1/3 0/1 WS 1/2 GB 0/4 CO 1/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 0/1 Ba 1/1

Move up so I can get within 30 ft of BG2.
Thorn Whip attack against BG2: 1d20+10 14 2d6 5
Going to use my reaction to use a cosmic omen die to add Cosmic Omen bonus to attack: 1d6 4 so that would make the attack hit.

The bugbear will be dragged 10 ft towards me to CR46. This should have him within 10 ft of the wall of fire which will then do Wall of fire damage.: 5d8 26.

Remove ads