(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The rock-creature was shoving against the door when Bible let go, and the door swung wide. She grabbed the thing as it stumbled forward and in spite of its massive bulk, dragged it into the room. Behind her on the floor was the body of the dead giant, and she was forced to stumble around it to her left, leaving her back to the burning bed, which had grown quite hot.

OOC: Bible won the grapple! But she needs to roll a dc12 con save or take 6 fire damage and she wound up at K70.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Like all sailors, Bible was sensibly wary about fire. But she had spent time skirting around lava floes on volcanic islands and time below decks in the tropics when the cook had soup pots boiling. In other words, she could handle the heat. As she yanked the rock-creature into the room she stopped short of falling onto the burning bed.

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
"Ah, bloody nine hells." Valda mumbles as she surveys the situation after the giant was felled. A strange rock monster, and a growing fire, either that could alert the giants of the stedding. Making a snap decision, she heads to the fire, attempting to douse the flames with the water in her waterskin before tackling the other problem in the room.

OOC: Valda is going to try to douse the growing flames with water from her waterskin. Let me know if there is any roll you need from me.

Quinn drops concentration on the fire he just created letting it burn out. He then sends another bolt of starlight towards the rock creature. The sudden movement of the creature caused the shot to strike where it had been rather than the creature itself.

OOC: Casting Guiding bolt w my star map.
Guiding bolt attack and damage: 1d20+10 12 4d6 20
Using my reaction to use Cosmic Omens to add a D6 to that attack.
Cosmic Omen bonus to attack: 1d6 3 making the attack a 15 which misses.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Valda managed, by emptying her waterskin, to get the fire mostly under control. The enormous straw mattress was wet, smelly, and full of burn holes. There was still a small fire burning near the far corner (where Valda couldn't reach) but it would be unlikely that it could spread quickly.

Quinn fired a bolt of starlight at the rock-creature, but it bent low over Bible, struggling with her, and the shot went over.

OOC: I think that's everyone.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Steading Guest Quarters
G1GuestQ4.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Beds, Rocks; Visibility: Dim (Braziers); Cover: Beds Woodpile,
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Bible AC19* HP 85/85 THP 0/0 HD 9/9 PP16 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 Ind 1/1
Eoghan AC15 HP 75/75 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc17 3/4 3/3 3/3 2/3 1/1 BI 3/5
Jack AC17 HP 62/66 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP20 LK 3/3
Quinn AC17* HP 62/62 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP19 SSdc18 4/4 2/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 WS 1/2 GB 2/4 CO 4/4 ET 1/1 DS 1/1 H 1/1 MS 1/1 Ba 1/1
Tenibor AC13(16) HP 49/56 THP 0/8 HD 9/9 PP16* SSdc16 3/4 2/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 WoMM 5/7 LK 2/3
Valda AC19* HP 64/83 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP15 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 RNdc15 3/3 GM 4/4 RS 4/4 Ind 1/1
(NPCs)
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Stone Giant AC17 HP 0/126 PP14* (Dead)
Galeb Duhr AC16 HP 62/85 PP14*t
Mini Galeb Duhr AC15 HP35ea PP12*t (Gone)
GM: End Round Three; Begin Round Four

Last edited:

Shadowedeyes

Adventurer
With the fire under control for now, Valda drops the waterskin and rushes at the Galeb Duhr, sword drawn. After the first strike, the rune etched into her sword sparks, and flame runs down blade, wrapping around the stony creature, trying to shackle it down.

OOC:
+1 Longsword Attack: 1D20+9 = [12]+9 = 21
1D8+7 = [1]+7 = 8
1D20+9 = [17]+9 = 26
1D8+7 = [6]+7 = 13

Invoked Fire Rune on the first attack. Hopefully I did the reverse saving throw for the Galeb Duhr to be restrained correct, I'm still a little fuzzy on that.
Fire Rune extra damage: 2D6 = [3, 2] = 5

Fire Rune Strength Saving Throw: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25

[/occ]

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
With a sigh of relief as the rock creature in front of him becomes inert, Jack swiftly sheaths The Knife and picks up Darling, his magical crossbow. He then moves back towards the fireplace to get a better view of the larger rock creature before pulling the trigger.

~This better work.~ He thinks to himself and the others.

OOC: Jack first interacts with an object to sheath his dagger, then uses Cunning Action (Fast Hands) to pick up the crossbow. He then moves to P72, where he attacks the GD with his crossbow.

Sneak attack with light crossbow.: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15
1D8+6+5D6 = [5]+6+[2, 3, 6, 5, 1] = 28

Jack AC17 HP 62/66 THP 8/8 HD 9/9 PP20 LK 3/3 Ammo 17/20

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
The firbolg intoned with seriousness in Sylvan, <Thy strata is inferior, thy insides crumbly, and you do not bring me joy.>

He then again prepared to utter part of a Word if needed.

OOC:
Vicious Mockery - reverse Save: 27. Effect: 4 psychic damage and disadvantage one first attack
Vicious Mockery against GD: reverse save and damage: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27
2D4 = [1, 3] = 4

Reaction prepared: Silvery Barbs if the Galeb Duhr succeeds on an attack, save, or ability check. (First that happens of any of them). If triggered, forces reroll by GD and grants Jack advantage on next d20 roll.

Remove ads