(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
~<There is a long passage here -- I do not know where it leads but it goes far, and it is underground. Perhaps it is a secret exit from this steading, or leads to a treasure room or other hidden lair.>~

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Bible and Quinn were letting prisoners out of the western cells, so Tenibor started by taking a look at the eastern cellblock, past the doors to the barracks, where the bugbears had mustered. It was a hall with four cells. With Bible still holding the ring of keys, Tenibor did not open any doors. Instead, he listened at each door and spoke softly with any occupants.

The first was occupied by a human man named Olwen who sounded somewhat elderly, and badly treated, but he was in good spirits (as he would soon be freed). The next was empty. Olwen told Tenibor that his neighbour Halmed had been seized and taken to "pump the bellows" - more evidence that the loud banging sound from the south was the work of a forge.

The third cell gave Tenibor an uneasy feeling. He touched the door, and it was cold. He called out to any occupant, and a hollow voice responded, "I am Telvorn, and I should like to be freed."

It was a very old name, and the voice didn't have quite the urgency that Tenibor expected. Before promising anything to Telvorn, he moved to the last cell. It was unoccupied, but Tenibor could feel a draft from under the door. He suspected that the cell would be open at the back. Either a false-cell that hid another passage, or someone had escaped by digging out the back wall.

Quinn moves towards the man who just spoke. He looks him over and nods.

OOC: "Thank you, we want to get those who are to weak to fight to safety than any who want to help can return with us. What is your name and how long have you been captive?

As Quinn talks to the man he scans down the other line of cells for any other prisoners.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Quinn had Bible use the keys, and opened the door to the cell in the south-west corner. Over the incessant pounding, he heard the sound of a scream coming through a pair of small doors directly south of him. Then there was the unmistakable laughter of a hill giant, and the sound was muffled again by the clang of the forge.

The cell door opened and there was a proud elf chained to the wall. In spite of his many injuries (it seemed that he had been tortured), he looked up defiantly and said, ""I will follow your lead, of course. I swear it. I am Tamanar Ez'Kailion, a Knight of Aluesia."

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
OOC: Animate Objects is Concentration up to a minute. I'm assuming the exploration has taken more than the remaining rounds on it.

~<I've got little in me to call forth magic, but what I have left is among my most powerful. Twice I could either Charm one of the giants, and I still look like an orc, or polymorph one of us. Or use it on lesser magics such as the Hypnotic Pattern you've seen me use before. While polymorphed it matters not the wounds on your body, you will have a new body for the time, much like the druid wardens of the forest primeval. Bible has said he does not wish to become a beast, which I respect. Is there anyone else who would want to avoid this if near dropping, tell me now so I don't accidentally use it on you?>~

~<Also are we scouting to retreat as we came in, going after the the forge where there are more prisoners, checking out the drafty cell, or this long underground corridor? I myself would suggest a quick look at the drafty cell for possible escape for the freed ones, then rescue more from the forge if we think we can.>~

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eoghan spoke as the group continued to gather prisoners out of their cells. The western cellblock contained the elf knight, two humans (who had been caravan guards), and five orcs. The orcs, who were badly beaten, explained that they were slaves who had tried to stage an escape some weeks past, and had been defeated. More of them, they said, had been put into hard labour somewhere in the cellars to the south, "digging for lost treasures."

Tenibor's drafty cell was locked like the rest, but he got Bible to open it as the sailor moved to let prisoners out of the eastern cellblock. After opening it for the elf, she turned to opening the other cells there, starting with the furthest one from the drafty one, freeing Olwen.

Sure enough, Tenibor had discovered a cell that had the back wall broken open. It led into a dark natural cavern.

OOC: In case you don't have enough troubles to sort through as a group... here's another way you could go. I also may have glossed over a set of doors to the south-west (not shown here) through which Quinn heard laughing giants and the scream of at least one more prisoner.

1667283919679.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Telvorn, Tamanar? Is this the same person and cell?
OOC: No. Sorry about the usual confusion of PBP. Tamanar is an elf knight that was found by Quinn in the furthest cell away from where you are now. Tenibor has probably only just become aware of his presence. What with elves being rare in our micro-setting, this is probably a big deal. Telvorn is a voice from the unopened cell directly next to the 'breezy' one, that makes Tenibor uncomfortable for some (as yet) unknown reason. Tenibor also discovered Olwen, who is the latest to be freed. (I'm trying to balance pushing us forward with giving you options).

Remove ads