(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 1

OOC: We are attacking both rooms simultaneously. Who is going into which room? Want to have that down before we move. Just before we start I will use my last wild shape to activate my Archer Starry Form. I think the orcs should go with the group going to the forge. This way they can convince any orcs in that room to help us.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
OOC: We are attacking both rooms simultaneously. Who is going into which room? Want to have that down before we move. Just before we start I will use my last wild shape to activate my Archer Starry Form. I think the orcs should go with the group going to the forge. This way they can convince any orcs in that room to help us.
OOC: I posted a suggested grouping in post 797. Feel free to suggest a different grouping however. Basically splits our forces 50/50.

OOC: I posted a suggested grouping in post 797. Feel free to suggest a different grouping however. Basically splits our forces 50/50.
OOC: Sorry about that, I looked back at the last page to see if anyone had made a suggestion and did not see one. I agree with the split though you missed Quinn in your suggestion. With your suggestion Quinn would probably go with the Forge group.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
OOC: Sorry about that, I looked back at the last page to see if anyone had made a suggestion and did not see one. I agree with the split though you missed Quinn in your suggestion. With your suggestion Quinn would probably go with the Forge group.
OOC: Ack, sorry about that. Sounds good.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Setting it up, I found I have two questions: 1) Is Eoghan back to looking like himself? 2) The "torture chamber" has a second door down near the Forge-door. Would Jack (and/or a few others) like to come in from "behind"?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eoghan cast his spell in a low rumble, and little Cordit grew and twisted until she was an enormous ape - equal in size to any hill giant, and more muscled. She laughed, and it came out a deep hollow cough.

The hallway that led to the forge was sized for giants, and she lumbered down it, knuckling the ground. The group that was to assault the forge followed, preparing themselves for violence.

In the north, near the western cellblock, Tamanar took one last look at the cell that he had spent four years in. If it weren't for the patience of the elves, he'd have gone mad. He lifted his shield, liberated off of a bugbear corpse, and waited grimly for the regular beat of the smith's hammer to stop, the signal that the others had engaged the forge.

Zandor lingered in the hallway in front of his cell. He and Olwen had been instructed to hold back, and the merchant had a plan: if the assault went badly, he would move back into his cell and pretend to be sleeping. Though he had been there for a fraction of the time that Tamanar had, his mind was not as strong. Olwen stood by. The old man tried to reassure the frightened merchant, but it was no use.

OOC: Any other last-minute preparations?

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
OOC: Setting it up, I found I have two questions: 1) Is Eoghan back to looking like himself? 2) The "torture chamber" has a second door down near the Forge-door. Would Jack (and/or a few others) like to come in from "behind"?
OOC: Given we’ll have a large force at the forge doors already (adjacent to the second doors), Jack will leave it up to that group to secure those.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
It had only been twenty minutes since they had come to the cellars, but it felt like far longer. Eoghan was still in the guise of an orc, and he stood with the other orcs. They knew that he was not one of them, but they hadn't had time for an explanation. When everyone at the doors to the forge were ready, the first two orcs flung open the doors and stood to the side as Cordit barrelled through, followed by Bible.

Two dwarves scattered in front of her, one of them dropping his tongs. The fire giant, who had been hammering at a steel chest-plate - armour sized for a hill giant - stopped his hammering and looked up in a furious rage.

As the hammering stopped, the two guards opened the doors to the torture chamber and stood to the sides to allow Tamanar and Valda to take the lead. A hill giant stood very close to the doors, and he spun around, holding a short but fiendish-looking crop.

Remove ads