• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Colonel sees the Giant go down, and is proud as the lad on the roof lowers his bow. Lord Falldur will be proud of the man he's become.

Meanwhile, he is running along the roof, towards the corner of the building and leaps into the air, soaring down off the building onto the Ogress. He lands on her, and as he does so lightning eminates from his hands and courses through her.

OOC: Ok. The Colonel's move is 35' so I'm hoping we can take the journey to AY30 as 20' and then a leap of 15' to AV 31(he has a strength 14, and he falling). If this works, he would land on her (possibly causing falling damage, and possibly not receiving any (?). Adjust as needed, Fitz.
Athletics +6 if it matters.

Attack. Blessed. Shocking Grasp: 1d20+10+1d4=15, 3d8=13 hits for 9 lightning, 4 radiant. Because it does lightning damage, he can also push her away by 10' (unless he is physically on top of her, on her shoulders or whatever.

Concentrating on Bless.
Picture!
_742cc01e-7ba3-4a06-9a93-a28166b737f3.jpg

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc felt some satisfaction as the tallest rustler went down, and as he saw the Colonel leapin' after the rustler's black hat friend, he almost let hisself smile. For a calm leader, he does let hisself get into the crazies. Still, the Coloner could use some support, so Doc's enmity focused on the new target, and he fired a couple of quick shots hitting the black hat in full. He couldn't fully contain those spirits hankerin' to be free, and one of them loosed themselves with his bullet, inflictin' more of Doc's pain on to the little doggy nearby.

OOC:
Hex moved to Ogress.

First shot: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18

Damage: 1D10+5 = [4]+5 = 9
3D6 = [2, 5, 5] = 12
1D6 = [2] = 2

23 damage.

Second Shot: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20

Damage: 1D10+5 = [4]+5 = 9
1D6 = [2] = 2

11 damage. Total 34 damage to Ogress.

Wails: 1D6 = [3] = 3

3 damage to young dire wolf.

Doc AC14 HP 93/93 THP 13/13 HD 10/10 PP20* SSdc16 2/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak floats a bit closer and stabs at the giantess’mind, glad to see there is one less giant on the battlefield. He also gets closer to uses his telekinetic powers to try to assist the colonel with his jumping attack.

OOC: move to aw24
Action: cast mind sliver int save dc 17 or 7 psichic damage and -1 on next save
Bonus action: telekinetic push or shove to help the colonel land properly on the giantes and minimize/negate damage to him.
Move: back to original location

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With the armored giant down, Kahru turned to face the ogress - he lunged with what would surely be a killing blow, had Waythe been more cooperative. The sword tip slipped to the ogress's side and Kahru heard in his mind, a sarcastic sigh, "It's been so long since I've been drawn that I've forgotten how to do it! But I'm sure if you promise to draw me more often it will all come back to me!"

Then the Colonel, flew off the roof, landed on the shoulders of the ogress. Lightning coursed through her, and her hair stood on end, giving the Colonel something to hold onto as she stumbled backward. Two screaming shots rang out from Doc's pistols, and struck her hard in the chest. She let go of her chain, and the young dire wolf, harried by a ghost, immediately ran off to join its littermate, as both moved toward the north gate, longing to be free.

Gimlak had helped the Colonel to land true, with a telekinetic push. Now he entered the ogress' mind, throwing off her aim as she attempted to grab at the Colonel. She was on her last breaths - literally - as Doc's bullets had torn into her lungs. Gimlak told her mind to stop fighting for life, and she fell to the ground dead.

"Oh." said Waythe, disappointed in herself, "Now we missed another kill."

By the time this was over, the second young ogre had followed the first through the kitchen doors, and there was the sound of giants shouting at each other as they worked to barricade the door.

OOC: Fight's over. That was quick.

1717778539515.png

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"We're not done yet," says the Colonel, letting go of the Ogress's ears and bolting for the kitchen doors that have just closed, before they can be barred. He holds his hands to his mouth and ... silence.

Until, BOOM. Thunder erupts from the location of the door.

OOC: Move as needed, I'm presuming the door is closed, and so the Colonel casts Shatter.
This does 3d8=16 thunder damage to everyone within 10' radius of the door (point can be just behind the door. Creatures get DC 18 Con save for half damage. Damage is also done to the door, the bar they are using, the crystal goblet they're drinking from, etc.

If the door isn't closed, he can cast Gust of Wind, but that will mean dropping concentration on Bless. With Shatter, it stays (currently on round 4/10.

Shatter is a second level spell, so slots are now: 3, 2, 3, 3, 2.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru looked down at Waythe with a disappointed scowl, which quickly turned to a laugh when he saw that the ogress had been quickly dispatched by the Colonel and the rest of the company, it seemed that his faith in the leadership of the genasi soldier had been well justified.
"do not worry friend, you will have your own kill soon enough" counselled the great sword as his attention went to the two young wolves that yet remained in the courtyard. Even as attention was called to the kitchen door, the Barbarian-Druid made his way towards the two creatures and spoke to them in low tones
"I'll not force you to obey" he said* to them plainly, though the whip was still bound around his arm "you are free to leave this place, remain here or to follow me - we are going inside this place, to kill ogres and whatever else stands with them. If you see any of my pack here, do them no harm!"

With that Kahru turned to face the door that the Colonel had just struck with a loud bang.

OOC: will cast speak with animals if required

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Colonel's spell rang out with a loud crash that echoed off of the nearby hills. One of the two doors to the steading's kitchen stayed upright, but the other collapsed on a broken hinge, revealing the two young ogres, who had been working to barricade the door. One of the two staggered and collapsed, with a large sliver of wood protruding from his face. The other was bloodied, but was determined to stop them from entering the kitchen.

Beyond the young ogres were two hill giant kitchen hands - as yet unarmed and unarmored, and not the most impressive-looking of their kind.

Kahru sprinted after the young dire wolves and spoke to them briefly. He had let them out the north gate once before, only to have them rounded up by the now-dead Houndsman, and they seemed eager to return to those woods. They had little interest in staying to fight.

OOC: The door is open enough to look through, if something of a hazard. Colonel killed YHG2. Kahru can speak to the dire wolves well enough without a spell. Mostly through body-language.
1717827937179.png

Donnell
Race: Human
HP: 36/36
AC: 17/19 w shield
Pass Perc: 14
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 18
Initiative: +2
Action Surge: 0/1
Second Wind 1/1
arrows: 17

The Colonel was not stopping to rest. Instead, pushing the advantage. Donnell followed suit and ran to the edge of the roof, jumping down, and moving towards the door. He'd learned so much and was feeling even more confident in his fighting abilities....not confident enough to enter the room first, though.

OOC:
With cunning action, that should put Donnell just outside the door somewhere. Not going to do any actions this round. If he has an action, he will sling on his shield.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Seein' as the hootenanny has moved yonder downstairs, Doc reckons he doesn't want to be the party pooper, and moseys off of the roof to check in on the new ruckus.

OOC:
Doc (pretty good at the acrobatics despite his nature) jumps down and heads to the door. No particular actions, but movement should put him at AV27 with line of sight into the building (move doubled because of dash).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
The Colonel was not stopping to rest. Instead, pushing the advantage. Donnell followed suit and ran to the edge of the roof, jumping down.
It's a little more than a 20ft drop. The Colonel landed on an Ogre with help from Gimlak's TK. Donnell might want to climb down. Choose either climb or jump, and either way gimme an Athletics check - I'll look at the DC and narrate. Edit: Same for @Snarf Zagyg, but I WILL take the Acrobatics if you choose to jump and roll at the bottom. Might take a few points of damage, both of you. Probably not a big deal, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads