(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Ah! I had assumed that when Kaligan had yanked her forward she had come into range (us both being large) - also thank you Gimlak for the shove ;D
OOC: She only got moved 5 feet. (And moved back, but that is neither here nor there). I am going to fudge it (call Gimlak's shove enough) and let your turn stand so we don't have to backtrack).

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Duvrael hardly acknowledges Kaligan's actions that saved him from the wrathful orogs, although the wizard makes a mental note to treat the human as a near-equal later. A protector is useful, particularly in a fight.

Those giants need to be taken care of first, however, and the yuan ti is glad to see the female one, whose very words hurt his ears, move away from the magical darkness and straight towards a magically propelled bear ally.

Not even moving from his spot next to the corpses, Duvrael starts intoning a monotonous hymn that sounds more like a dirge than an incantation, and ends with a complicated gesture with his left hand.

Across the room, the spectre of a snakeman appears behind the giantess, translucent and insubstantial as smoke. It places its spectral hand on the hill giant's shoulder, where it seeps life energy from it. When the spectre vanishes, the hand remains...

OOC: Casting the cantrip Chill Touch, targeting the hill giant chef's wife.
Ranged spell attack: 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15
Target takes 2d8 = 3+4= 7 necrotic damage and cannot regain hitpoints until the start of my next turn.

Duvrael AC15*(+5) HP 44/56 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 2/4 1/3 2/3 3/3 1/1 P 4,17
Reaction readied: Shield spell when attacked with a melee or ranged attack of with magic missile.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc feels the stone of the Chef's wife. Unperturbed, he adjusts his hat and strides quickly toward her, firing his gun.

OOC:
Last allies post is wrong, I think. Should be (after 14 damage per #156)-
Doc AC14 HP 83/84 THP 0/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1

Concentration save DC 10 to keep hex
Concentration Save: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

Bonus Action- Move Hex to Chef's Wife
Move to S31 (same square as dead Orog3)

Shoot twice at chef's wife.
First shot, sneak attack (target engaged), hex: 1D20+9 = [7]+9 = 16
1D10+5 = [7]+5 = 12
2D6 = [3, 4] = 7
1D6 = [4] = 4

Second shot (no sneak): 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24
1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7
1D6 = [5] = 5

Piercer reroll (second shot)
Piercer reroll: 1D10+5 = [1]+5 = 6

Muahahahaha!

Total damage: 34

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kahru dropped onto all fours and bounded across the room, knocking his wolves aside who stayed, mauling the corpses of the dead orogs. Gimlak saw that the northerner would come very close to being harmed by his black sphere, so he gave the bear a telekinetic shove. While doing so, he gave Kahru the extra leap that he needed to reach the giantess, who had tucked herself behind the wall of her little room. The bear scratched and chomped at her as she hollered.

Then Gimlak turned his attention on a giant in the north door. He found it exceedingly simple to reach into its mind, and plant a psychic sliver that would harm the giant's focus, leading to foolish mistakes. These giants were already fools.

OOC: Kahru did 20 to HGS1; Wolves chewed corpses; Gimlak did 3 to HGS3 (& -2 to saves)
HGS3 dc17 Int Save (good luck.):Save: 1D20-3 = [3]-3 = 0
Haw.[/ooc]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Doc strode forward, adjusting his hat. As he stepped near the dead orog, the dire wolf dragged it away growling, as if the gunslinger would steal his kill. The wolf recognized an alpha predator. Doc raised his gun and fired two shots, which made their strange dull ghostly thumping noises. They were not easy shots - the chef's wife was trying to hide from Kahru behind her bedroom's log-wall; the bear was framing the open doorway, reaching through to get at her; part of the doorway was covered by Gimlak's hungry darkness.

Yet still, the ghostly bullets fired true, striking the giantess in the chest. She staggered back, clutching at the wound and her hollering died to a wheeze. Then she collapsed backward onto her dead husband's bed.

Duvrael had been starting to conjure a spectral snakeman behind her. As she fell, he frowned and flung his outstretched hand to the left, and the spectral snakeman appeared instead behind a giant in the north room, touched it with a ghostly hand, which caused the giant to startle and look about in pain and confusion.

OOC: That'll do her in. Oops. I missed Duvrael. I'll just have him switch targets. HGS3 takes the 7 chill touch. @Kobold Stew Just the Colonel to go to roll the round.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Sorry. Back in IC 154 there was the revised action I mentioned in the DM that seems not to have been implemented at the start of round 5 -- all three schlubs should have some damage, and depending on their saves, some might be prone. Once I see where we are, I can post an action (and back in Canada now, as of 2am last night).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Sorry. Back in IC 154 there was the revised action I mentioned in the DM that seems not to have been implemented at the start of round 5 -- all three schlubs should have some damage, and depending on their saves, some might be prone. Once I see where we are, I can post an action (and back in Canada now, as of 2am last night).
OOC: Oh... you edited it into the old post. I was still waiting for it (I hadn't looked back). I'll resolve that now, thought they would have stood back up between your turns, had they been knocked down. Let me see....

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Yes -- sorry. It's really the damage done, which should be substantial in the last round (and might change some of this round's actions?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Colonel had been doing the hard work of holding the door before Kaligan showed up to help him. He had tried to stop the orogs making it through; he had tried to close the door. Neither had worked out in his favour. He sent a blast of destructive energy through the door, hoping to drive the giants back, or to knock them prone. While it thundered in their faces, pummelling them hard, they both stood when it calmed, still holding cracked and battered chairs.

OOC: They both saved. They took 9 thunder and 7 Radiant. Sorry it wasn't more satisfying. Let's move on.

Yes -- sorry. It's really the damage done, which should be substantial in the last round (and might change some of this round's actions?
OOC: Let's not backtrack that far. If actions get changed after the fact, let's just implement them in the order where they're posted. (I should have caught it so it should have been implemented much sooner, but I really thought that you just hadn't got to it yet). You still have a turn for this round.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Fair enough. The wife and the three orogs were also hit, though, right? It was Glimlak and the wolves I was thinking might have to re-do actions.

Remove ads