(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2


log in or register to remove this ad


FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaligan lifted the young giant and carried him over one of the beds and toward the group. The giant struggled in vain as his feet left the floor. He tried to flip himself around to grab at a bed, but Kaligan lifted him higher. His mouth was agape, and he may have been yelling, but it was hard to tell from the area of silence if he was being loud.

OOC: I'll move him 30 feet toward you. Puts him near the head of the closest bed (to the PCs).

Str contest: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak silently stares down the room, readying his mind should the young giants move.

OOC: readying an action to cast synaptic static psionically centered on bg55. Trigger: young giants waking
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The shadowy forms of the young giants in their bed began to stir. It was a cascade effect - first a young giantess in a bed that the young giant had floated over sat up. Then she opened her mouth and one nearby her rolled over. Soon more of the beds were moving under their heavy fur blankets.

In addition, a full-grown hill giant suddenly appeared from the unseen middle hallway. She was standing, wearing a leather vest, and carrying a club.

Readying an action to cast synaptic static psionically centered on bg55. Trigger: young giants waking.
OOC: Go ahead. This is going to get busy as we go.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Silently, Gimlak stares down the hall. The giants where he is looking at suddenly grab their heads in pain.

OOC: bonus action: convert level 3 spell slot to spell points

Action: psionically cast synaptic static using 5 spell points. The goal is to get at least 6 young giants plus the full grown one that just came out.

Dc 17 intelligence save or 32 psychic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

After a failed save, a target has muddled thoughts for 1 minute. During that time, it rolls a d6 and subtracts the number rolled from all its attack rolls and ability checks, as well as its Constitution saving throws to maintain concentration. The target can make an Intelligence saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
 



Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
‘Stealth just isnt our thing’ Kahru muses as he thrusts his sword into the giant guards back. the waking of the sleepers by their brother flailing around in the air having all but forestalled Duvraels intimidation idea or their plan of getting the giant kings head while he still slept.

Oh well, the druid zealot could only pray that this lot didnt get them all killed.

Critical hit : 2D6+2D6+2 = [3, 1]+[6, 2]+2 = 14
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As the young giant floated toward them, Gimlak let loose a psychic blast that caused a few of the waking giant youths to flail about in their beds. The giantess who had just appeared around the corner crossed her eyes and appeared to have the world's worst headache.

The element of surprise was quickly being lost, so Kahru thrust his big sword into the back of the stunned giant guard, but with fat and bone, it did not penetrate as deeply as the northman would have preferred.

To make matters worse, yet another giant appeared from around a corner to the south, also carrying a club and wearing animal furs. More of the youths began to climb out of their beds in an excited rush.

OOC: Gimlak did 32 to HGS1 (new guard) & Youth2, 3, & 4, and 16 to Youth1 (TK'd one). Kahru did 14 (critiful) to HG1 (guard)
 


Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
As chaos breaks out, and the giants begin to wake, the colonel mouths an expletive that cannot be heard through his own silence spell.

He approaches the held giant, lets the Silence dissipate, and holds out both hands, either side of the paralyzed figure. An arc of lightning courses between his hands.

OOC: Move to AY43 (35', incl. 5' squeeze past Kaligan)
Drop Concentration
Attack: 1d20+10 with advantage = 15. (hit) Damage=4d8 lighting+1d8 radiant=25. It's not clear to me if the radiant damage should be doubled. I believe so, in which case there would be an additional 1d8=7 damage for a total of 32.
 


Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Grunting derisively at his critiful stab, Kahru steps back to allow the grey Colonel to do his worst. He looks back to the orcs and seeing that everyone has come inside signals them to close the door…
OOC: once everyone is inside, the orcs shut the door and take their chance to stab the frazzled giant too:)
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Once everyone is inside, the orcs shut the door and take their chance to stab the frazzled giant too.
OOC: Doors take an action for a medium sized creature to open or close. ATM, there's no room for them to get in and close them. PCs are going to have to move further in. Next round, though.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Donnell followed the Colonel in and around the held giant on the right. He felt odd putting his sword into a defenseless creature, but it was a giant, and he did not want to be on the bashing end of its enormous club. The Colonel sent a course of electricity from his hands through the giant's body.

The orcs had brought the largest knives from the kitchen that they could handle. They were ready to attack their former captors when the time came. For now, they stood by the doors, ready to close them when there was room to do so.

OOC: Colonel did 32; Donnell did 13 to HG1.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Doc walked through the doors. Reckon these boys can use some help with putting this dog down.

He placed his pistol on the held giant's fat belly and squeezed the trigger. The eerie noise that it usually made was lost in the silence spell. He squeezed again and the gun jammed. It was as if it objected to being fired without being able to howl in pain.

OOC: Doc is scary. He did 33 and I probably didn't even do it all right. I also missed w/2nd shot.
 

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Steading East Wing
G2EastWing2.jpg

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Beds; Visibility: Very Dim (Low Braziers); Cover: Walls; Spells: Silence (Blue circle);
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells (Etc) * (Notes)
(PCs)
Colonel AC19* HP 34/66 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP19* SSdc18 3/4 1/3 3/3 3/3 1/1 CD 2/2
Doc AC14 HP 83/84 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP20 SSdc16 1/2 Wls 2/4 Crs 1/1 PL 4/4 Wsp 1/1
Duvrael AC12(15) HP 44/56 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 2/4 1/3 3/3 2/3 0/1
Gimlak AC17 HP 68/68 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP12* SSdc17 4/4 2/3 3/3 2/3 1/1 SP 8/12
Kahru AC15 HP 83/83 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP16 SSdc14 4/4 3/3 2/3 WS 1/2 Rg 3/3 Stf 5/7
-Kahru-Bear AC12 HP 42/42
Kaligan AC18* HP 76/76 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP14 PD 8/8 DT 1/1 TK 1/1 AS 1/1 2W 1/1 ID 1/1
(NPCs)
Donnell AC19* HP29/29 THP 0/13 HD 4/4 AS 1/1 2W 0/1
Hiss AC13 HP 2/2 PP10* ts10'
Orcs AC11 HP15ea PP10*
-Orc1 15/15; Orc2 HP 15/15
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs)
Hill Giant (Guard) AC13 HP 23/105 PP12 (Held)
Young Hill Giant AC12 HP42ea PP10
-YHG1 26/42; YHG2 10/42; YHG3 10/42; YHG4 10/42;
-YHG5 42/42; YHG6 42/42; YHG7 42/42; YHG8 42/42;
-YHG9 42/42; YHG10 42/42; YHG11 42/42; YHG12 42/42;
Hill Giant Schlubs AC13 HP59ea PP8
-HGS1 27/59; HGS2 59/59
GM: End Round One; Begin Round Two
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Seeing the start of his plan fall apart, Duvrael mutters a curse. With the magical silence lifted, he hears himself and realizes he now has the ability to cast every spell he knows, verbal components or not.

He grins as he takes a few steps around the immobilized giant, taking a bit of guano and sulphur from his pouch again and starts casting.

A tiny mote of fire erupts from his outstretched finger, and it moves quickly through the hallway. As it reaches the young giant in the first bed, the mote explodes into a huge ball of flame, even bigger than the one in the kitchen.

"I will divide the opponents into bitesized portions as soon as someone kills the doorman," he says to his companions.

OOC: Maintaining concentration on the Hold Monster spell. (Next round, if the giant is dead, I will use concentration to create a Wall Of Fire instead.)

Move to AY-42, then cast an improved Fireball (level 4) centered on the bottom left edge of the BE-52 square, like in the spoilered map below.

This means Hill Giant Slub 1 and Young Hill Giants 1-6 (not sure about 7) need to make a Dex ST. Failure means they take 40 damage, success means half damage.

Duvrael casts another fireball.png

Duvrael AC12(15) HP 44/56 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP15* SSdc17 2/4 1/3 3/3 1/3 0/1
 

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The barbarian-druid had to grin when the wizard mentioned dividing the giants into bite-sized portions, his grin soon expanding into the maw of a great white bear as he chomped down on the doorman…

OOC: Bonus Action: Wildshape -Cave Polar Bear (Large)
3EA6AE43-90FA-4F8F-A9CD-5DBE48A72845.jpeg
Multiattack: Claws: 1D20.HIGH(2)+7 = [9]+7 = 16 for Claws critical: 4D6+5 = [5, 4, 5, 5]+5 = 24

BiteBite: 1D20.HIGH(2)+7 = [17]+7 = 24 for Bite Critiful: 2D8+5 = [1, 5]+5 = 11

space is tight, but I just figured I’d end up on top of the doorman :)
Kahru AC15 HP 83/83 THP 13/13 HD 9/9 PP16 SSdc14 4/4 2/3 1/3 WS 0/2 Rg 3/3 Stf 5/7
-Kahru-Bear AC12 HP 42/42
 
Last edited:

Dungeon Delver's Guide

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top