(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The group ran down the hill. A little out of breath, they quickly duplicated the task of the day before, climbing up the chimney to the south of the east gate. The ogres had shut the north gate, but the star spawn was already in the courtyard. The ogres' attention was focussed northward, and the dire wolves were barking and whining in unison. No one saw as the group made their way to the same spot between the main steading's roof and that of the kitchen, where they were out of sight from the courtyard and the watchtower.

OOC: The star spawn's actual location will eventually be discovered, and there will be a fight. I don't know if we want to run it out, or if any of you would like to 'help' (there'd be a danger of giving yourselves away). Either way, next task is to decide how to get down. Both kitchen chimneys are burning hot. Most others are out, though all of them are within sight of someone who ought to be looking out for you. The easiest one to go through is the main hall's smoke-hole, but it's something like 50 ft. to the floor (and directly over a bonfire.) There are rafters, but it might be a bit of a trick to get to them. At least for some.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: are there water puddles or any kind of water accumulations on the roof? The idea would be to use shape water to move it to the chimney.
Same question for dirt on the roof with mold earth. Come to think of it, could mold earth move soot from the chimney? The concept would be to smother the fire

Another option: have the invisible star spawn go into the kitchen, find liquid and put out the fire. The fact that we can telepathically communicate would make this fairly straightforward.

Last resort: We could also just wait for the giants to fall asleep and the bond fire to die out.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: The Colonel can cast Feather Fall for four people (plus himself) to go through the central hole (and, if needed, another 5 with a second casting?). Aerial assault!

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: The Colonel can cast Feather Fall for four people (plus himself) to go through the central hole (and, if needed, another 5 with a second casting?). Aerial assault!
OOC: I think we need to find a way to put out the fires first ;-) See my post just before yours.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: I imagined five people each jumping (use the long jump rules!) simultaneously through the central smoke-hole, each of us passing over the fire and landing on the other side.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
OOC: I can do shape water (maybe on a beer barrel?) and would be happy to drop a waterbomb on the bonfire before the crew jumps in - a distraction to cover the aerial assault?
Just noting theres 6 hill giants, 2 stone giants, a bear and a huge rock in there waiting

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The thatch roof was sodden from rains. In the V between the steading proper, and the kitchen extension, water collected. Kahru would be able to shape it into a form that could climb up the roof and jump into the smoke-hole. It might not fully put the fire out, but it would make it easier to avoid, and be an effective momentary distraction.

There were six people on the roof. The colonel's updrafts could carry five down. Either Donnell could remain on the roof until the danger was past, or someone could find their own way down. The plan was sound, though the danger was real.

Waythe urged Kahru to get on with it, eagre to see how many giants she could slay.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The Colonel makes eye contact with his companions, who nod if they are coming with him. He holds up three fingers to coordinate the timing with Kahru. Three, two, one...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru reached out to the water he could see pooled on the roof and felt it moving, flowing up the thatch towards him like a serpent. He could feel Waythe urging him to slaughter the assembled giants below and Kahru was ready, as soon as the Colonel gave the signal.

"Does the squire have a bow?" he whispered "he can provide cover, overwatch" - Kahru would give his own hand bow if need be. "and leave the bear to me, perhaps I can turn it to our side"

Three, two, one... Water- Fire - Wind- Lets Rock

Remove ads