(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: To answer Kobold's earlier question Re: How long does it take the guards to do a circuit? A: It takes them about 10 minutes to walk around the steading, but there's two of them, so it's about 5 minutes between them when they are properly at their furthest apart. They are in sight about half their trip (the east and north sides - you watch from the north-east corner and can see both sides, except the south-east corner which cuts inward for the main gate, which you can't see.) So they are in sight for about 4 minutes and out of sight for 6, if that makes sense. This is all very approximate, as they screw up their march timing and get closer together or further apart, sometimes taking as much as 20 minutes to go around if they dawdle or as little as 6 if they hustle to avoid the other one. The ogres just stand there, by each gate.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: @JustinCase I suggest you cast Augury to see if there is benefit in approacing now and not waiting for dark. If the auspices say yes, then we go. If turned invisible, the Colonel can go, or we can all go sneakily with Pass without trace. But Let's not sit here longer (my 2 cp).

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Duvrael got out a rolled snakeskin that was filled with little bones. He shook the bones in his hand while whispering to them in a soft hiss. Then, suddenly, he threw the bones into the skin, that he had laid on the ground before himself. After a moment of reflection, he announced that the bones had spoken: Waiting was a bad idea. From his own interpretations, he read the signs to indicate that, like the Giant Houndmaster that had returned after collecting the pack of Dire Wolves, parties of giants that were out (perhaps looking for last night's raiders, hunting parties, or a gathering of reinforcements) would return.

OOC: @JustinCase hasn't been on ENWorld in a bit. I assumed he'd go along with the augury plan so we can start to move along. @Maxperson, is that enough to make you want to go? Either way, how would the group like to attempt to approach the Steading when it's time to do so?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Duvrael got out a rolled snakeskin that was filled with little bones. He shook the bones in his hand while whispering to them in a soft hiss. Then, suddenly, he threw the bones into the skin, that he had laid on the ground before himself. After a moment of reflection, he announced that the bones had spoken: Waiting was a bad idea. From his own interpretations, he read the signs to indicate that, like the Giant Houndmaster that had returned after collecting the pack of Dire Wolves, parties of giants that were out (perhaps looking for last night's raiders, hunting parties, or a gathering of reinforcements) would return.

OOC: @JustinCase hasn't been on ENWorld in a bit. I assumed he'd go along with the augury plan so we can start to move along. @Maxperson, is that enough to make you want to go? Either way, how would the group like to attempt to approach the Steading when it's time to do so?
OOC: I will go along with the augury. If it says waiting is a bad idea, I'm good to go now.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I will go along with the augury. If it says waiting is a bad idea, I'm good to go now
OOC: Any notes on approach? I'm honestly not sure what the best way to move forward is myself. (Which usually means that a direct approach is in order. Still, it ought to be a cautious direct approach...)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Doc's been patiently waiting. But this cheroot is out, and I'm gonna need some more whisky soon enough. Doc was comfortable enough with his abilities, and began to move toward the steading, trustin' in the shadowy benefits of the Sheriff to grant him succor.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Kahru the eagle saw the rolling of the bones and the shaded meander of their eerie compadre and guessed that they had all decided to move in. They could probably get the timing on the hill giant guards, but the ogres guarding the approaches would need to be dealt with, perhaps the druid could help.

Remaining in eagle form Kahru again rose into the air again and flew back towards the steading, maintaining stealth as he did so, until he could find somewhere to perch and watch the ogres and the approaching adventurers.

OOC: Kahru cast pass without trace on his first approach to the steading, it lasts an hour, so is it still in place? And does the rest of the crew get the benefit when they get within range (30ft) even though he’s flown ahead?)

Remove ads