IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak ponders quietly for a moment as well, before stating flatly "I am not convinced, but if there is need for revolt I can attempt to cause some distraction. I can not, however, prevent anyone from alerting others. If Bazrim or Nethezar can silence our captor, on my command, we can subdue them. Or attempt to."

Trailing off for a moment he continues again in the same even tone "I suspect any rebellion is almost more dangerous than anything they'll do to us here. If they take me first, don't put yourselves in danger, i'll take care of myself. I'll fight first for all of you."

Shaking his head slightly, he focuses more on the situation at hand. "Girl, what do you know of this place? Are there ramblings true? Mind probes and limbs rendered?"

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Ti]Erdolliel suspects, upon examination, that the locks are of "average" quality.[/sblock]
[sblock=worthley]The only spell of which Bazrim is aware is Regeneration.[/sblock]
Nethezar nods at Kushnak. "I have the silence spell prepared, and it can be cast even though I lack my components and holy symbol. They would not expect it."

When Erdolliel and Kushnak query the elf woman, she answers with disdain and frustration in her voice. "You will have no delight from me, commoners. I trust you not. Your talk of rebellion is nothing more than the installation of false hope. I shall have none of it."

She pauses a moment, but you hear a faint whisper escape. "None of it." While, given the angle, it is hard to see her, it sounds as if she is quietly sobbing.

[sblock=OOC]The elf is in A, Erd/Esk are in B, dead-looking guy in C, Neth/Kush/Baz in D, two guys in E.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"Commoners?!!? You don't know the half of it girl. We're figuring out where we are, but you can sit over there in you ivory tower with your good graces and look down on us commoners. I'll be sure to tell them you wanted none of it if everything goes south." The elf turns to the cell with the spellcasters before continuing. "How long will you keep your spells casters? If time is of the essence we must choose our plan NOW!"

o3caudata

First Post
"Do what you can with that lock girl, and see about getting Eskard the use of both his hands. If we fight, we'll need them." Kushnak says in a hushed voice to Erdolliel.

Turning back to the weeping woman, he continues "Hiding in that corner will not help you. If you're unjustly kept here, and suffering the same torture these men speak of, you must act. I assure you we are your best hope at present, and if you wish to save your noble soul, you will tell us all you can." Upon finishing, Kushnak stands and begins pacing, slowly, as best he can given the cramped quarters.

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel concentrates on the lock first, then tries to free Eskard. [sblock=oc]Take 20 on the lock OL +13. (-2 for no picks means I get a 31 right?) Not sure how to open manacles, if they are like handcuffs (aka have a lock to pick) she'll take 20 on them too. If someone comes to the doors she'll pretend her manacles are still on and/or pretend that the cell is actually closed.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel finds some sticks and pieces of straw to use as makeshift lockpicks, and she sets to work on the door.

"Good luck," Martal encourages.

Nethezar answers Erdolliel's query. "I believe our currently prepared spells will remain until used, unless one of you two," he looks at Kushnak and Bazrim, "is different for some reason."

The elven prisoner glares across the hall at Kushnak, and then turns away.

As if by some magic, Erdolliel, after a few moments, feels the lock on the cell door click open.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Martal curses. Suddenly, both humans reach under their straw mattress and pull out longswords. With a flick of a switch inside the cell, their cell lock clicks open.

Martal flings open the door and rushes to the door in front of Erdolliel.

[sblock=OOC]1: opens door, moves

Status & Init
1 (Martal, 21 faster)
Kushnak (21)
Nethezar (18)
Bazrim (16)
Erdolliel (12)
2 (Regim, 10)
Eskard (9)[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
"Lying bastards. Return to your cell, and i'll instruct them to do the same. I can't promise you much if you assault them...."

[sblock=oc]Ready to cast blindness on 1 if he attacks R or S - DC16 [/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel cautiously awaits the jailers' decisions.[sblock=Di]ready to attempt disarm on 1 if attacked. +3 to attack after my 'light weapon' penalty. if it even gets that far...[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim steps up up to the bars and gets ready to do his best in this dire situation.
[sblock=ooc]move 5' sw and the ready to Scorching ray anyone that attacks an ally that I have line of sight on.

Sorry it took so long to post, didn't have a computer while I was in Indy.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
As the group prepares as best they can, Regim also rushes to Erdolliel's cell door, flinging it open. "You'll get your chance to be dead soon enough!" he hisses at Kushnak.

[sblock=OOC]I'm assuming you are waiting to post an action for Eskard.

Unless I missed something, Bazrim is still cuffed, and not able to use somatic components. You certainly had enough time for each of you to get gags out of your mouths, but not for unskilled peeps to get out of cuffs.

Kushnak: readies
Nethezar: delays
Bazrim: steps; readies
Erdolliel: readies
2: moves; opens cell door

Status & Init
1 (Martal, 21 faster)
Kushnak (21)
Nethezar (18)
Bazrim (16)
Erdolliel (12)
2 (Regim, 10)