IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V

Dichotomy

Explorer
Eskard flies into a ferocious fit and lunges at the blind man's sword. The half-orc easily wrests it from the blind man's grip and immediately crushes it into the other man's chest.

Martal's curses loudly and swings at the warrior. Taken aback by Eskard's powerful and deft maneuver, Martal only manages to land one blow.
[sblock=OOC]Eskard: rage; dodge 2; disarm 1, (no AoO b/c blind) attack rolls 11+ vs 3+, success (eskard has the sword); attacks 2, 20!, 12+ crit confirmed, 22 damage
Nethezar: delays
2: full attacks S, 2+ hit, 3+ miss, 12 damage

I'll pause there. I assume that K is going to delay, but I dunno about R.

Bazrim (16)
2 (Regim, 10): 22 damage
Kushnak (21)
Erdolliel (12): 40 damage
1 (Martal, 21 faster): 17 damage; blind
Eskard (9): 41 damage; raging; dodge 2
Nethezar (18) [/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Continuing assumption that K delays; NPCing R.[/sblock]
Erdolliel takes a stab at Regim. Unfortunately, the elf fails to connect. Cursing, and bleeding profusely, Erdolliel deftly retreats behind Eskard.

The blind Martal, now both blind and weaponless, runs away back into the other cell, where he fumbles with the wall. Eskard makes a mad swing at the fleeing man, but hits only air.
[sblock=OOC]K: delays
Erdolliel: attacks 2, 12+ miss; tumbles 17+ success (away on other side of S)
1: moves
Eskard: AoO, 2+ miss

That brings us back to Eskard.

Bazrim (16)
2 (Regim, 10): 22 damage
Kushnak (21)
Nethezar (18) [/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Eskard slams his sword into Regim, who very nearly dies on the spot.

Erdolliel, seeing the vulnerability, flings her dagger into the man's chest, dropping him.

Meanwhile, the blind and unarmed Martal finds the trap switch is his cell and closes it, locking himself away (for the moment, at least) from the threat of certain death.
[sblock=OOC]Eskard: full attack 2, 20! threat, 16+ crit, 20! threat, 10+ not confirmed, 42 damage (holy crap)
Lots of delaying; 2 closes the cell
Erdolliel: takes the risk, moves, throws dagger, 16+ hit, 4 damage
More delays
2: 38, bleeds

We are totally out of combat. Not sure how to proceed. Could wait for Ti... Thoughts?

Bazrim (16)
2 (Regim, 10): 69 damage; unconscious and dying
Kushnak (21)
Nethezar (18) [/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel retrieves her dagger from Regim and turns towards the cell with her companions. "I suppose if I need to spring you if I want some healing." she mutters as she starts working on the lock again.[sblock=oc]OL on N, K, and B's cell. take 20[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"I need to be freed from these chains so I can be as useful as possible. You mind lad?" Bazrim gestures to the half-orc with his newly found sword.

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak chuckles as Regim collapses. "People always seem underestimate you Eskard."

"Take the body into your cell and see if you can stop his bleeding. Then see if the other fool can be persuaded to join him. If he's locked himself in, our nimble fingered friend should be able to open the door."

Eskard grabs Regim by the ankle and begins dragging him into the cell where he attempts to tie Regim's wounds closed.

Kushnak turns to Erdolliel as she works on their cell lock. "You too have certainly proved your steel again, lass. Try for the other cell door once you're done, we'll have Eskard release us from these chains."

[sblock=oc]Eskard heal check: +2[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]The take 20 OL succeeds after two mins. Eskard tries to heal, succeeds on the fourth try.[/sblock]
While Bazrim's plea is basically ignored, Erdolliel works on the cell door and Eskard manages to crudely bind the bleeding man's wounds.

Martal makes no comment, and Eskard (and Erdolliel, if she looks) can see him simply in the fetal position on his mat, apparently sobbing.

"We would do well to find our components and the like with great haste. Our companions need healing."

As the work on the lock continues, you realize that, during the commotion, the elven woman in the cell across from Kushnak, Nethezar, and Bazrim, stopped her sobbing. She has now crawled to the bars of her own cell, and stares with a look of mixed horror and disbelief at the sight of the very bloodied Erdolliel opening the lock.

"Wha... what devilry is this?" she whispers.

Finally, the lock slips open in Erdolliel's hand.

o3caudata

First Post
Once he's done what he could for Regim, Eskard moves to the Kushnak's cell and waits.

With the cell door open, Kushnak holds his hands out to Eskard and says "Cut us free, carefully. And lets get the 2 attackers locked in the same cell... one that can't just walk out of."

Remove ads