IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Bazrim prepares to, hopefully, lay waste to the unseen foes, Erdolliel and Nethezar both carefully back out.

"You'd do well to follow your advice," Nethezar offers, as he backs out.

With Eskard gone, the two invisible foes focus a flurry of attacks on Kushnak. While his armor turns aside some of the blows, two sink in, leaving the half-orc bloodied.

[sblock=OOC]Erdolliel: withdraws (I'll assume Eskard is above her)
Bazrim: delays
Nethezar: withdraws
1 & 2: both 5-foot step and FA K; 1!, 15+, 3+, 18+, two hits; 17 damage

Back to Eskard. Kushnak is still readied (though, its not going to trigger, of course). Bazrim is delaying.

Status & Init
1:
2:
Eskard: 43 damage; rage
Kushnak: 17 damage (readied)
Erdolliel:
Bazrim: (delayed)
Nethezar:

Prayer: allies +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks; foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls; 5 rounds[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak carefully pulls back with the others.

With the way clear, Bazrim launches a small bead of flame from his fingertip. When it reaches the middle of the room, it suddenly explodes in a ball of flame. A couple of screeching screams ring out, letting Bazrim know he found some targets. Additionally, the three planks leading to the piling in the middle of the room all immediately collapse into the water, and other planks cause ablaze. Unfortunately, there is no satisfying sound of bodies dropping into the water, suggesting that the unseen foes are still conscious.
[sblock=OOC]I am going to assume Bazrim keeps the same course of action. I am also going to assume that he attempts to maximize damage to baddies and minimize it to himself (placing the fireball so it won't hit him).

Eskard: delays
Kushnak: withdraws (I assume somewhere into the cell-room)
Bazrim: stops delaying; fireballs; ref saves 15+, 17+, success; 10 damage

I'll stop there. Eskard can act whenever he decides to. Otherwise, Erdolliel is next.

Status & Init
1: 10 damage
2: 10 damage
Eskard: 43 damage; rage (delayed)
Kushnak: 17 damage
Bazrim:
Erdolliel:
Nethezar:

Prayer: allies +1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks; foes takes a -1 penalty on such rolls; 5 rounds[/sblock]

Last edited:

TiCaudata

First Post
"you best be moving dwarf! Erdolliel says as she closes the door and hustles to the next doorway.[sblock=oc]close the open door and move to just inside the next doorway, aka 5'NW of the stairs.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim runs after the others. A mixed look of failure and fear covers his face
[sblock=ooc]move at a pace to keep up with the others best he can, up to running[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]FYI, I'm waiting because Eskard is delayed. He, in theory, can act whenever he decides to. I don't know whether he is continuing to delay, wants to act now, etc.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Pretending to be o3

"Carry the unconcious one if you can Eskard, but lets get out of here."

Kushnak turns his back to the invisible foes and moves away.

Eskard obediently retrieves the unconscious man and moves to follow Kushnak.

[sblock=oc]Eskard will take a penalty to movement to carry the guy if necessary. Otherwise, our plan is to keep moving away, headed for the door to outside, unless there's need for interference of some sort.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Erdolliel quickly slams shut the doors, Eskard flies over and grabs the unconscious man. Nethezar begins to truck out. "I trust Eskard can fly us down. I'd hate to crush my neck trying to climb."

The unseen things don't appear to be following. At least, the doors don't move and no one gets struck by some unseen force.

The whole group quickly hustles through to the next room.
[sblock=OOC]We can probably leave combat, assuming you are making your way out relatively swiftly.[/sblock]

Last edited:

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]I'm coo with leaving combat.[/sblock]As the group moves through the next door Erdolliel shuts it as well. "Best to just be safe." At the catwalk, the elf tumbles to the lower level and continues out the main door, closing it after everyone leaves as well. "We can always rest up a little and then come back better prepared if we need to. Should we wake up the barmy guy since he's free now?"

Last edited:

Remove ads