IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=worthley]Bazrim knows of glitterdust.

It may also be worth noting that, while Bazrim has surmised a bit about these things (in the other sblocks I addressed to you; see here and here), it sure seems like no one else knows anything...[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"Any idea if there is a place we can get a scroll out here? I'm remembering a spell called Glitterdust, that might just do the trick. I think it's too risky to go inside the city wall."

TiCaudata

First Post
"You probably know as much about this town as any of us, dwarf. If we are worried about getting in the town we can look to see what shops are out here. They'll probably charge us a fortune though. How many more days of crafting do you have left Kushnak? Nehtezar?"

Dichotomy

Explorer
"I am simply making more wands. As for getting the scrolls, of course, I don't know if they would be available outside the walls. We do know of several places inside, and I could probably get in with little fuss..." Nethezar shrugs his shoulders.
[sblock=OOC]I think Neth is still just making CLW wands. I think Kushnak would currently be on making a shield for Neth and then spending 2 days making his own armor. Yes?

Oh, and I forgot to ask: does being in SF mean, worthley, that you won't have any access, or that it will be sporadic, or something else? It might be too late to ask, but, basically, I'm attempting to determine whether that meant I was supposed to NPC Bazrim.[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"I think the ..." The sound of Bazrim's pride being swollowed cuts him off for a moment "..elf is right. Having her go into the city on her own would cut down the likelyhood that we run into any trouble that might be looking for us."
[sblock=ooc]I'm back from Sioux Falls. It was meant to mean that I don't know if/when I would be able to post for a few days.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel looks slightly startled at the dwarf's words. "ME!?" She asks while pointing at Nethezar. "The barmy one that changed his shape and said he was Smenk, is the one that offered to go get a scroll or two." She colors slightly before adding, "I mean 'barmy' in the nicest way possible..."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Nethezar scratches his chin. "You think I'm eccentric?" he asks in a tone that seems to carry no offense. The cleric shrugs. "I had no intent to step on anyone's toes. I simply thought I would be most able to... obfuscate myself. I cannot, at least now, perform any alteration to Erdolliel. But if you have some skill with makeup and props, you can likely conceal your identity well enough for our needs." Nethezar turns to Kushnak and raises his eyebrows.

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Crafting time is right i think. Spell sheet is updated with a 'temp' list.[/sblock]
"We should explore outside the city for what we need. If we must go inside, i'd prefer to stay there until we've been able to contact our friend."

"Let's see about getting some scrolls. We'll need a bit of aerial support i think."

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel nods at Kushnak and takes point leading out of the woods to explore the buildings outside of the city walls for magical scrolls.[sblock=oc]sounds like we want at least 1 glitterdust and 1 fly. Umm... do we know how much gold we actually still have? I doubt that we used every last penny for crafting materials. My guess is that we have ~575 left, not counting the stuff we pulled off of the false prisoners.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
You begin exploring the buildings and soon find that none of them appear to be magic shops selling the kind of wares you need. But with some well-place questions, you find shifty man who says he can get what you need for 550 gold.
[sblock=OOC]It has probably already taken roughly two hours to realize that this specific section of the area outside the city doesn't have what you want.[/sblock]

Remove ads