• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dellrack & Miss Imogen

Dellrack stepped around the corner of the alley and shot the smuggler thug (looking toward Chrysagon) in the back. The thug fell forward onto his face, dead. Dellrack smiled and looked down at his longbow, as an arrow from the man on the balcony struck him in the arm. He cursed and lunged for cover as another arrow skipped off the cobblestones.

Miss Imogen, calmly standing in the shadow of the building across the way, carefully lined up her shot and let it fly. It went through a freshly dyed hanging curtain and struck the man in his eye. He fell to his knees on the balcony, dragging the line holding the curtain down with it, until the man dangled by his face, attached as it was to a straining line.

The newly-formed alliance of foreigners had had their first life-or-death encounter, and they were victorious.

GM: Well, that was quick.
[sblock=rolls]Attack: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5
1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5

[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Dellrack, Miss Imogen; (BGs) Thug3
Damage Taken: (PCs) Dellrack 5; (BGs) Thug2 7 (Dead), Thug3 17 (Dead)

End of Encounter

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen shoulders her longbow, and walks across the street into the dark alley, bending over to pick up the coloured curtain, and draping it over the body that has brought it down. She makes a quick check of his pockets, removes her arrow (whether or not it is reusable), and waits for the others to be ready towards the inside of the city wall.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As an afterthought, she adds, "Well done, everybody. You were all marvellous." Some of these men might need encouragement, after all.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The Nameless displayed no further emotion as he straightened from his fighting stance. He pulled the hood up, drawing his face back into the shadows of it as he crouched to inspect the fallen.

He took care to check each for signs of life. His actions were sure in the way of one trained in the use of medicine. Yet, he took no measures to save their victims. Only to observe as they either perished or stabilized.

Squirrels are evil!

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Cleaning the tip of his sword, Rodrigo stared at the ruffian he had just stabbed in the heart. He took in the cruddish sword, the bad teeth... mere moments ago he was alive and well and now this. This hadn't been a fight, but an execution. Still... obviously a man of violence. Live by the sword, die by the sword... a chilling thought.

He sheathed the blade and turned to the others. Everyone had displayed significant skill. "Yes, well done indeed, this was flawless... ah Master Dellrack, you've been injured. Can someone help him?" Looking around he added "We should get these bodies out of sight - in the tunnel I suppose. After that, we get in position in said tunnel and wait for the smugglers, if I understood correctly they will be coming in from the port, this "Tiryki Anchorage" one."

"... I almost hope that the first team screws up. Otherwise this was completely needless. I suppose the Zhents will be happy... I guess they will have to deal with the fallout too".

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Nay lad, I bees alright." the dwarf says taking a cloth and holding it to the gash in his arm. "Damn bastard got in a lucky hit is all. Soon as I find some good steel plates ta wear, them arrows will be bouncing off me."

After tying the cloth on his arm off he offers. "I'll watch the alley way why you takes care of them." he gestures to the dead. "I'll meet you all down the hole."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen helps secure the other bodies.

She hear Rodrigo's regret over the loss of life, and is concerned. Of course this was necessary, she thinks. He had urged the group to act, and it was he who had expressed concern about angering the thieves' guild. Whoever they were, they were obstacles and we had each undertaken a commitment. Uncle would not accept hesitation from her, of that she was sure.

Still, Rodrigo needs reassurance. "As you said, it's the Thieves' guild that runs this. If you want to check on the other team, you may do so. The question as I see it is this. We can wait here and take their place, raise fewer questions until a shift change occurs, and stop the smugglers before they enter the Coils if they make it this far. This point is, um, vulnerable to assault however. Or we can leave this, and enter the Coils, trusting that they would need to use this route regardless. I would welcome your thoughts."

Fradak

Explorer
"Let me take a look at this wound. Hmm. It's bad but you'll survive. If it hurts to much, just tell me and I'll try to do something about it. Be more careful next time, the Death Curse is still upon us and you are drawing his attention. Now let's go in this Serpent's Coils. I'll take care of the bodies, thank you for your help, Miss Imogen."

Following his companions, Chrysagon drags the bodies down stairs and proceeds quickly to a minucious examination, searching for any traces of worship. It took not long before he found a golden coin pendant... Waukeenars. Chrysagon had found what he was looking for. Waukeen was the goddess of commerce and wealth but also the goddess of illicit trade and the patron of many smugglers, fences, black marketeers, and "businessmen" on the shady side of commerce. His intuition was correct, all of them had the same obedience. Placing the coin in their mouth, he recites a litany.

"Eternal Judge hear my prayer,
Accept those immortal souls
As they are no Faithless or False,
And guide them to their final rest.

Let it be thus."

Then he caches up with his companions in the Serpent's Coils.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Due to Dellrak's current
disadvantage on Stealth checks
He can take the rear guard.

After the dead are taking care of the dwarf enters the 'Coils' taking care to put the manhole cover back on tight.

Remove ads