D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I would be happy to go," suggested Miss Imogen. "Though I would need at least someone to help with the language issue." She's embarrassed if she seems too keen, putting herself forward like this. She adds, "At the same time, if there is still mistrust, I could keep watch effectively at a distance." She nods to her bow.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"I can provide overwatch as well - I'm nowhere near the archer miss Imogen is, but I can use a crossbow, and I know how to move quietly"

Making some local allies - or at the very least, making clear to them we are not foes or invaders, could be beneficial. Well done Harb - and thank you Qawasha. And... probably they won't know anything about the soulmonger but... maybe they will

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Afternoon
Round 0

Dellrak scratched at the flaking mud on his skin and shivered a bit with fever. When Harb snuck off, he picked up his new dwarven crossbow to provide cover.

When Harb returned with the report of the cursed humans, Delrak snorted. “Typical Humans,” the Emerald Enclave agent said. “But if they’ve learned the error o’ their ways, an’ ain’t hostile, talkin’ with ‘em cannae ‘urt. I can ‘elp provide cover, too.” He hefted his crossbow. “At the least, mebbe they know more aboot the area.”

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions: Shivering Sickness (disadvantage on skill checks, only regain half HP when spending HD)
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 20
Bolts used:
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Sticks and their allies cautiously worked their way through the beginning of the swamp to parlay with the Aldani. The isolated lobster-folk saw them coming, and some shuffled off into deeper water while a few others silently held their ground; neither threatening nor passive in their stance.

OOC: I'd like a few rolls: Your choice of: Insight (to see if you can figure out their attitude); Diplomacy (if you want to address them, or at least indicate that you want to speak); Intimidate (if you want to indicate to them that they should respect you and not attack); Deception (if you want to trick them or hide an intent); or anything else you can think of to contribute. I'd like everyone to give me something, and a quick description of your intent. Even if you roll low, don't assume that you did something stupid, more that things are harder than they seem.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb handed his bow and arrows off to somebody else to carry. Then he lifted the hood of his cloak over his face and proceeded at a bit of a hobble, leaning on his staff and doing his best to seem frail and unthreatening.

OOC: Not sure if Harb has the best Persuasion or not. Only a +2 bonus.

Deception to hide his potential for violence: [roll0]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Afternoon
Round 0

Insight: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16

Dellrak kept his crossbow ready to cover those going to speak to the Aldani. His keen eyes studied them, wanting to know if they were going to attack so as to put a bolt through their eye before they could harm one of the party.

His hands still shook as he held the crossbow and he cursed the fever that made this blasted jungle even hotter.

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions: Shivering Sickness (disadvantage on skill checks, only regain half HP when spending HD)
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 HD: 3/3d10+2

Bolts: 20
Bolts used:
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 3/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen sees the creatures approach, and senses from Dellrak what they intend. She shoulders her bow, anf holds out her hands.

"We do not mean to intrude in your part of the jungle," she begins.

OOC: Persuasion (= Diplomacy?) ;) [roll0]. EDIT: CRIT! she does an additional 1d6 damage..., right?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Whoops! Miss Imogen is still sick. Maybe someone can "help" (to cancel disadvantage?). Otherwise, this is the number that she gets on her Persuasion check. [roll0].

Remove ads