D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Afternoon
Round 5

Dellrak grunted as the pterafolk tagged him twice with the spear, opening a nasty wound in his side. He roared in defiance as Chrysagon went down.

“Can someone get Chrys oot o’ ‘ere?” Dellrak yelled to the others, then heard Rodrigo’s answer. The dwarf growled in frustration. If he could just connect with one of the bloody flying bastards! But he obeyed, bringing his great axe in front of him defensively, parrying the spears of the pterafolk.

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Dodge
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Greataxe: 1d20+6 21
Damage: 1d12+4 8
Planar Warrior damage: 1d8 6
Total damage: 14
Conditions: Longstrider +10 movement (597r)
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 20/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 2
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chrysagon, Imogen & Weed vs Pterafolk 4

Lying on his back, Chrysagon coughed blood. Miss Imogen shot at one of the Pterafolk standing over him, and it lunged at her after side-stepping her arrow, stomping over the fallen paladin and pushing its way past Dellrak, who was busy defending against another of the winged creatures. It thrust its spear at her as she defended herself. Weed slung a stone which struck its beak, leaving a small mark.

Dellrak vs Pterafolk 3 & 5

Dellrak knocked a spear-thrust aside, but the Pterafolk was quick and lunged again low, piercing the dwarf's leg. The third Pterafolk flew out of the cave and for a brief moment, Dellrak thought they would retreat. Then in came flying back in, with an eerie whistling sound and such speed that he took a step back, his eyes growing wide as it thrust its spear into his stomach.

Qawasha, & the Axe Beak

Qawasha had gotten out of the pit, but there was another ledge that led out of the nest's prison cavern. His magic allowed him to speak to the flightless bird, and the creature agreed, though it was not smart, to allow him to boost it out. Then he climbed up the ledge and found himself in the main nest above the fight where his friends had come to rescue him.

GM: Dellrak's in trouble.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) PtF4 3 (Weed's sling);
(PCs) Imogen 10 (PtF4 spear) Shield?; Dellrak 8 (PtF3 spear) & 10 (PtF5 Terror Dive)
Dellrak is Frightened until the End of his Next Turn
(NPCs) None
[sblock=Notes & Rolls]
PtF3 spear vs Dellrak
2#2d20l1+4: 2 # 13 [2d20l1=[9], 19] 15 [2d20l1=[11], 15]
2#2d6+2: 2 # 9 [2d6=4, 3] 8 [2d6=1, 5]
PtF4 spear vs Imogen
2#1d20+4: 2 # 7 [1d20=3] 18 [1d20=14]
2#2d6+2: 2 # 12 [2d6=5, 5] 10 [2d6=5, 3]
PtF5 diving spear vs Dellrak
2#1d20l1+4: 2 # 15 [1d20l1=[11]] 12 [1d20l1=[8]
2#2d6+2: 2 # 10 [2d6=6, 2] 11 [2d6=6, 3]
Weed sling vs PtF4
1d20+4: 14 [1d20=10]
1d4+2: 3 [1d4=1]
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: Southern Cliffs of Mbala (Caves); Encounter: Terror Folk

End Round Five; Begin Round Six

GM:
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Chrysagon (J12) PP10* AC18* HP 0!/36 Death 1/3 (Resist Nec/Rad) HD 4/4
Dellrak (I12) PP14* AC15 HP 2/40 Frightened HD 4/4
Imogen (I10) PP12 AC14 HP 18/32 THP 0/5 HD 3/4
"Harb" (L9) PP14 AC15 HP 7/27 HD 4/4
Rodrigo (L10) PP14 AC18* HP 24/36 HD 3/4
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
*Tarri (Absent) PP12 AC11 HP 11/11 EXH2 Spells
*Kasqa (Absent) PP11 AC13 HP 17/17
Qawasha (N6) PP14 AC11(16) HP 9/27 Spells 4/4 & 3/3
Kupalue (Weed) (H9) PP12* AC13 HP 9/9
*Wulf (Absent) PP15* AC13 HP 21/21
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
Pterafolk1 (J10) HP less 40 (Dead)
Pterafolk2 (M8) HP less 28 (Dead)
Pterafolk3 (I13) HP less
Pterafolk4 (I11) HP less 15
Pterafolk5 (J13) HP less 5
Pterafolk6 (E11) HP less 48 (Dead)
Axebeak (N7)
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Map] Cave5.png
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb looked up from the corpse and noticed Qawasha and the axebeak. It took him a moment to realize that they were somehow communicating and co-operating with one another. Not sure how well that would work out, Harb decided not to risk agitating the creature. Instead, he spoke to their guide. "Good, you're alive. Can you fight?"

Turning back to the battle, Harb noticed Chrysagon on the ground and Dellrak beginning to panic as he suffered a number of nasty wounds.

Not sure of Chrysagon's status, but knowing he could do some good in Dellrak's case, the monk popped open his medicinal kit and moved to heal the dwarfs wounds first.

OOC: Heal action on Dellrak [roll0] healing

How many uses is that now?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo rushed forward to stand over Chrysagon's body - he hoped Harb could do something to help, that it wasn't too late. He hope he wasn't too late either - he had assumed that this flank was well in hand, and it wasn't. And he was winded already...

He gritted his teeth. He would do his part. He identified the petrafolk who was the most injured - yes it flavored that flank, and it was trying to press Miss Imogen... and he lunged.

Attack I11

[roll0]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The blade bit deep, and Rodrigo hoped it would be enough, as he faced the other 2 and wiped his bade back and forth, trying to force them back.

dmg [roll0]

OOC: I thought my HP was 18, but i'll gladly take 24 :p
[sblock=minisheet]Rodrigo Di Castalone, Human Fighter (battlemaster, criminal(spy)), level 4
HP: 24/36, Hit dice: 3/4
AC: 18
Passive Perception 14
Rapier: +6 to hit, 1d8+6 dmg
Main Gauche (if used main-handed and not to parry) +6 to hit, 1d4+4 or +6 dmg
Crossbow: +6 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg, range 80/320; Darts: +6 to hit, 1d4+4 dmg, range 20/60
Saves: Str: +3, Dex: +4, Con: +4, Int: +1, Wis: +2, Cha: 0
Superiority dice: 0/4, Action surge: used. Second wind: used
Maneuvres: Riposte, Parry, Trip (DC 14)
Potions of healing remaining: 1[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Chult
Afternoon
Round 6

Dellrak staggered back. He gripped the spear in his gut and broke it off, pressing a hand to his stomach to hold his guts inside as he stared warily at the pterafolk that had dive bombed him and stuck him with the spear. He was in deep now!

Harb came over and wrapped some bandages around Dellrak’s midsection to at least hold his insides in.

The dwarf took an ineffectual swing at the pterafolk in front of him.

[sblock=Dellrak Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack with Greataxe (disadvantage from Frightened)
Greataxe: 1d20+6 16
Greataxe: 1d20+6 8
Result: 8
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Greataxe: 1d20+6 7
Conditions: Longstrider +10 movement (596r)
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 2/40 HD: 4/4d10+2

Bolts: 18
Bolts used: 2
Arrows: 19
Arrows used:

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 2/3 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Rodrigo Di Castalone - male human fighter
Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Wulf Rygor (NPC) - Half-elf scoutmaster, Camp Vengeance
Tarri (NPC) - cartographer, Camp Vengeance
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior, Camp Vengeance
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen notices Chrysagon on the ground, and, despite her better instincts, she drops her guard and crouches at his side. She sees the fluid pouring form his mouth, and the wound, and she makes a quick assessment, and pours one of the healing potions she had been entrusted with by Undril Silvertusk, so long ago now, into his throat. She hopes she is not too late. If nothing else, she can be a better target than him.

"Help him, someone," she calls.

OOC: Administer healing potion. Chrysagon heals [roll0].

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: Southern Cliffs of Mbala (Caves); Encounter: Terror Folk

Rodrigo leapt into the fray, thrusting his blade deep into the Pterafolk that had broken the front line. It spun around and fell, lying still on the cave floor. As he turned to wave his blade in the faces of the other Pterafolk, Miss Imogen and Weed took the opportunity to drag Chrysagon back. He coughed and sputtered, and he very nearly died, before Miss Imogen's healing potion worked its magic. Lying on the ground, his eyes opened. In them, Miss Imogen saw a far-away look, and a shape that glowed and appeared to have wings.

Harb grabbed Dellrak and pulled him back, tying a bandage around his wounds as he tried to lunge and swung his axe at the backs of the remaining Pterafolk as they took flight, disengaging from the battle and diving off of the cliff to soar away over the jungle.

Qawasha came down the tunnel, keeping the wild bird from attacking his friends with a hand and a few soft words. To the sticks he said gratefully, "I am both amazed and gratified that you found your way here and risked your lives to save mine. You are my dear friends and I shall help you through this jungle until your mission is done."

End of Fight

GM: (18 was right for Rodrigo's HP)
Damage Taken:
(BGs) PtF4 8 (Dead);
(PCs) Chrysagon Heal 7 (Imogen's Potion); Dellrak 12 (Harb's Bandage)
(NPCs) None
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Space) * Perc * AC * HP * Hit Dice * Notes
Chrysagon (J12) PP10* AC18* HP 7/36 (Resist Nec/Rad) HD 4/4
Dellrak (I12) PP14* AC15 HP 14/40 HD 4/4
Imogen (I10) PP12 AC14 HP 18/32 THP 0/5 HD 3/4
"Harb" (L9) PP14 AC15 HP 7/27 HD 4/4
Rodrigo (L10) PP14 AC18* HP 18/36 HD 3/4
[/sblock]
[sblock=NPCs]
*Tarri (Absent) PP12 AC11 HP 11/11 EXH2 Spells
*Kasqa (Absent) PP11 AC13 HP 17/17