D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen wants to defuse the situation.

"We did not know it was you we were following," she says honestly, "though our companion Harb has made us aware that you might be here. We were travelling upriver on a separate matter. If you'd like to discuss Harb's issues that's fine. For now, though, perhaps you and your companion would care to sit and have some fruit?"

She slings off her backpack and reaches in to remove some peaches she has been carrying until they ripen fully.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The saurial opened his mouth and made only the slightest hissing sound as Rodrigo quickly explained Dellrak's comment. The smell of ham went away, only to be replaced by a smell not unlike citrus fruit - limes, perhaps. The saurial stepped forward, unthreateningly, and it turned out he was only as tall as Dellrak.

"He thinks you're funny," announced Artus Cimber, then skipped Rodrigo's question for Herb's. "Soggy said that, did he? I think you'll find that he's not always saying what he means. You know Syndra? How is she?"

He accepted the fruit from Miss Imogen as he relaxed into conversation.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I had forgotten about it, but looking back it seems that Syndra Silvane gave Harb a wooden trinket with her personal crest on it so he could 'prove' to her friends (Artus Cimber, the Yellow Sashes, and Bruno's Brigade) that he is working with her.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo added: "we would be happy to provide you with what information we have - news in the jungle is hard to get"

He didn't know the details of the condition Syndra was in... but he made an intuitive leap.

"We are currently looking for news about the fate of Camp Righteous, and of the acolyte known as Perne... but our ultimate goal is to stop the death curse".

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I have heard of Camp Righteous. It should be just up the river from here. I know very little of this Death Curse, beyond what is afflicting Syndra. Myself, I am searching for the ruins of the ancient city Orolunga, where it is said that the guardian Saja N’baza can answer any question. Perhaps she can help you in your goal." Artus Cimber offered.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Dellrak watches the two travelers with a practice eye. He wonders why they are out here without any others. The undead dino the group encounter could have easily killed these two poor souls had they come across it themselves. Unless...

Dellrak gets a look of awe over his face as he continues to watch the two adventures, he wonders just how powerful they must be to be out here alone.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb sensing a certain tension is still in the air, draws forth the wooden symbol that was entrusted to him by Ms. Silvane an shows it to Artus. "In any case, it is nearly time for us to set up for the night. Would it be too much to ask if we might share yours for this night at the least? It could give us time to discuss our missions at our leisure."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Yes, by all means, join us." agreed Artus, relieved to see Silvane's symbol. "We find ourselves travelling in the same general direction. In this jungle, it is always good to have a few more friends. Perhaps we will accompany you to the Camp. Once your mission is complete, you can decide if you wish to continue with us to Orolunga."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo nods

"Ah - that would be most convenient if you came with us... otherwise finding you again in this jungle would be a challenge. Some may say that fate brought us together... or a lot of luck. Can you tell us more about this lost city? And what about you Qawasha, have you heard of it, or of its guardian?"

Turning back to Artus he added "There seems to be a lot of mystical place in this jungle where visions and wisdom can be found". He glanced briefly at Qawasha - he wasn't sure if it was proper to mention the heart of Ubtabo to this stranger, and would let their guide decide to speak of it, or not. "Why do you seek this lost city?"

Later that evening, he made sure to arrange the watches so that there would not be a time where only the 2 strangers were awake. No need to be fool-hardy....

Remove ads