D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Realizing he was being asked to scout ahead, Harb set forth, following the previously beaten path in his usual way.

OOC: Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [1d20+5[/roll]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The Sticks continued through the jungle for a few hours, constantly wondering if it would not be better to return to their canoe. As the day wore on, just as they were at the point where they would need to decide to head back if they wished to reach their canoe before dark, Harb spotted the smoke of a campfire rising from the canopy on a ridge ahead.

Now, they really had to make a decision: Harb, Qawasha, and Dellrak agreed that if they turned back now, they would reach the canoe before dark, but if they pushed on, they would most likely arrive at the spot of the campfire just after the sun went behind the ridge.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Miss Imogen is light on her feet, and finds that the journey goes easier than she has been used to. At one point, a tree had fallen across the route they were pursuing, and from the markings on it those ahead had crawled over it with difficulty, bark pulled away, and no moss on the surface. She found herself able to leap to the top and then over with carefree ease.

Nevertheless, by the time the others had spotted the smoke, she was no longer interested in this journey.

"We've found nothing that can enlighten us about the ice that captured that beast," she observes, "and nothing here that points to our current quest. While I'm willing to continue, I think we have done out best to investigate what was truly unusual back in the clearing."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Well, I don't think an undead would set a campfire... but apart from that, we know very little. What we have to gain here is information... but there is no guarantee it will be of use. But whatever secret these campers hold, it is unlikely we will meet them again in this jungle. I say we go - otherwise we shouldn't have bothered at all. Coming here was ab it of a gamble, let's see how the dice looks like.

EarlyBird

Explorer
"I be agree'n with ye. Though it could be walking lizardmen what made the campfire, and thus nay friendly to us." Dellrak says. "I do no think we wish'n ta go back and camp near the ice monster. Let's push on instead."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"There is a chance, slim as it may be, that we will discover information or people that we are seeking."

Seeing that the others had generally agreed to continue on, Harb advanced ahead, hoping to catch a view of the occupants of this camp before deciding in what manner to proceed.

[SBLOCK]Perception: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1][/SBLOCK]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Seeing how Harb literally vanished into the woods, Rodrigo decided not to spoil his chances by letting him get ahead a bit instead of following right behind making a ruckus. How did he move so quietly? There were so many bloody branches and started animals in this jungle, it seems the ground was purely made of it. Rodrigo was going to have to study Harb's techniques.

Once he was confident Harb had sufficient space, he motioned to the others to follow.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
By the time Harb reached the camp, the small campfire had been put out. It was clear to him that while the campers wanted a warm meal, they were wary of attracting attention in the jungle. The exact spot of the campsite was difficult to find as well, hidden as it was between a fern-covered rock and a stand of large-leaved trees.

Harb knelt behind the ferns and observed the small camp. Two bedrolls were laid out on the ground under the large leaves, protected from the rain and above the run-off, for minimal dampness. The small cook-fire was out, but a large fin-headed lizard man was slowly removing all sign of its existence, hiding each rock under plants and burying the ashes. A bearded human man of middle years was finishing off his meal and sipping from his wineskin on one of the bedrolls.

ArtusBait.png

Remove ads