D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"The Forsaken One forsakes death's mantle... Enemies oppose, one stands between them, Hidden in darkness..."

Miss Imogen ponders the riddle as she receives the news about the eight cavities. "Maybe that has something to do with it? Each cube represents one god, and one will be forsaken, or caught between the others, and in a special magical darkness?" It is clear from her voice that she is only thinking aloud, speculating.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak paused, eying the statues of Chultan gods, he assumed, around the basin of oil. “Yer local,” Dellrak said to the yuan-ti, eying Ussal. “Wot’re we luikin’ at?” He started to slowly walk around the circle of statues, studying them, but not drawing too close just yet. Who was keeping the basin filled?

History: 1D20 = [13] = 13
Perception: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22

50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 5/5d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Ussal considers his options...even if someone is listening here, it is fairly low chance that it knows the language of the earth people. He keeps his voice low, just in case.
"I would like to help the slavess...but firsst we need to clear the curse. They are suffering from lack of regeneration. Don't talk to my people about it. They wouldn't understand. Your paladin friend ressseived my mark earlier."

Speaking normally in common, he comments on the statues.
"The hisss-story of this plassse is long and most of it forgotten even by thosse who live here. Nine godsss had their time which is now in the passst. Thesse are the godssss...the question issss: should THEY hold the cubesss or they are a roosssse?"

He investigates the statues and the pool.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The yuan-ti had come to Omu after its fall - after the time when Acererak had murdered their gods and enslaved the human population. They had come following Ras Nsi, who promised to bring forth Dendar the Night Serpent. Ussal had his own reasons to be here, and his own beliefs. He knew of these fallen "gods" who had been powerful and contentious animal spirits, with fiercely diverse personalities; alliances and rivalries abounded between them.

Looking at their statues, he saw that each faced its arch rival across the halls - first Moa the honest jaculi (a serpent) faced Wongo the deranged su-monster (a monkey-thing); next I’jin the fickle almiraj (a horned rabbit) faced Obo’laka the obsessive zorbo (a koala-type); then Papazotl the shrewd eblis (a stork) faced Kubazan the spirited froghemoth (enormous frog); finally Nangnang the selfish grung (frog-folk) faced Shagambi the wise kamadan (jaguar-with-snakes).

Thinking on it, Ussal knew that the missing ninth trickster god was Unkh the mighty but indecisive flail-snail.

There was nowhere to put any stone cubes, but the carvings on the cubes that showed which god they belonged to matched similar carvings on the oil-basins at the base of each statue.

Outside the tunnels, the group took stock of the puzzle cubes, to make sure they held all nine.

The Sticks had found Moa's cube at the shrine on the pillar of earth. In fact, they'd found three of them. They had retrieved the cubes for Kubazan, Shagambi, and Unkh off of a Red Wizard's body at the end of the fight with the Yuan-Ti. Ras-Nsi had agreed to send with them the cubes for I'jin, Nangnang, Papazotl, and Wongo. Ussal was in charge here, but Yassah held them. Zagmira held the cube for Obo'laka.

There were eleven cubes, but each of the nine gods were represented.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Morning
Round 0

Dellrak was surprised when Ussal spoke dwarven to him in a low voice. He pulled his attention away from the statues of the gods. “Yer really a ‘arper?” he asked skeptically, quietly. “Cannae bluidy imagine ‘ow tha’ ‘appened. But ye’re roight. This curse ‘as t’ be dealt with first.”

The dwarf turned back to the statues. He noticed carvings on the oil basins at the base of each statue seemed to match carvings on the cubes.

“I think these statues ‘ave somethin’ t’ dae wi’ the cubes,” he observed. He wished he knew more about Chultan religion or whatever these gods represented. He started to mutter the carving from the obelisk, trying to make sense.

“The enemies oppose.
One stands between them.
In darkness, it hides.
Don the mask or be seen.
Speak no truth to the doomed child.
The keys turn on the inside only.”

50 goodberries

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1:
Attack 2:
Bonus Action: Planar Warrior (first attack that hits)
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:

Dellrak Character Sheet
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 HD: 5/5d10+3
Bolts: Enough

Detect Portal (1/R): Within 1 mile
Planar Warrior: As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The next time you hit that creature on this turn with a weapon attack, all damage dealt by the attack becomes force damage, and the creature takes an extra 1d8 force damage from the attack. When you reach 11th level in this class, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Primeval Awareness (action and spell slot): For one minute per level of spell slot, detect within 1 mile (6 in favored terrain) aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.

Spells
1) 4/4 Protection from Evil/Good (Horizon Walker), Jump, Goodberry, Longstrider
2) 2/2 Misty Step (Horizon Walker, BA), Healing Spirit

Miss Imogen - female samurai, party member, Zhentarim
Chrysagon - male aasimar paladin, Order of the Gauntlet, Kelemvor
Harb - male human monk
Myrral - Tabaxi bard?
Qawasha (NPC) - Chultan druid
Kupalue (Weed, NPC) - vegepygmy
Hu’plo (NPC) Chultan
Kasqa (NPC) - Chultan warrior

Ussal points at the statues.
"These are the enemies opposing. Each of pairs is in the opposition. And I think it would be the last one, the hidden one, The Trickster. Maybe we should call others?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Orvex was fascinated by the appearance of three cubes for Moa. He said, "Moa, of all these trickster gods, is known as the most honest. It seems strange that Moa's followers would create duplicates, or perhaps fakes. It's possible that Moa is trying to tell us something; to not trust what we see. Question everything. Of course, that advice is both obvious, and difficult to act upon."

Zagmira grew impatient, and said, "Shall we place the cubes in the slots about the door, or place them in front of the statues? Either seem just as likely. All I know is that Acererak will certainly have filled this place with misdirection and deadly traps. He is toying with us. Best to get it over with."

Zagmira grew impatient, and said, "Shall we place the cubes in the slots about the door, or place them in front of the statues? Either seem just as likely. All I know is that Acererak will certainly have filled this place with misdirection and deadly traps. He is toying with us. Best to get it over with."
"By all means, which do you chose to place? And why?" Ussal smiles "As you say, there will be traps."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Zagmira frowned. The youthful half of her face had barely a line while her wizened have wrinkled distinctly. "Fine. There are no visible doors with the statues, and we want in. I will place my cube in one of the door slots."

She moved northwards to do so, as Qawasha and Weed hurried to move away from the door.

Yassah asked, "Ssshould I do the sssame with oursss?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases