• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jerran sighs with impatience . . . taps his fingers against his thigh and once again considers just calling out a greeting to whatever's up there. Maybe it's friendly.

Boddynock

First Post
Alton sighs in exasperation at Eddie's signal. "This is getting us nowhere. Look, why don't we try moving over to that wall and sneaking underneath the lookout to the passageway? At any rate, if I get closer, I can try again to discern whether or not it's evil."

Ferrix

Explorer
Kiylea nods, "I'll take up the rear, you two move on around to meet up with Eddie and Ringly."

The three of you move surreptiously in a wide arc to meet up with Eddie and Ringly. Ringly is wringing his hands with the characteristic nervousness he exhibits, throwing occasional glance up towards the ledge.

Alton's supernatural sight however does not glean anything unnatural from this vantage point, it is but stone here.

You are all about twenty or thirty feet from the tunnel that Alton had noticed earlier, and you can all now make out the darkness of continuing space in contrast to the solidity of the cavern walls.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Jerran waves the others back behind cover. Impatient with all this sneaking, he gives in to his impulsiveness and calls out.

"Hello?"

Boddynock

First Post
Watching Jerran wave them back with a sense of impending disaster - a sense that Alton has whenever he watches Jerran embark on a course of independent action - Alton is really not at all surprised that the bard has decided to have elevenses with whatever is up there. Well, now they can only wait and see.

Slippshade

First Post
Bubbles had just popped out of cover when Jerran waved them back. She figured the figure had already seen them so hiding was beginning to be kind of rediculous but she made herself scarce all the same.

Ferrix

Explorer
The utter silence of the darkness looms around you, whatever Kiylea saw doesn't seem to be there anymore. Kiylea glares for a moment at Jerran, then giggles lightly, "I was probably just imagining something. Shall we continue?"

Ringly however is unconvinced and remains nervous, casting glances up at the ledge every once in a while.

Boddynock

First Post
Ferrix said:
The utter silence of the darkness looms around you, whatever Kiylea saw doesn't seem to be there anymore. Kiylea glares for a moment at Jerran, then giggles lightly, "I was probably just imagining something. Shall we continue?"
The paladin looks at Kiylea thoughtfully, then shakes his head. "I doubt it. Your sense are too sharp to be fooled easily - even down here. Eddie, can you climb up to that ledge? If there's a tunnel there, we may be able to follow on behind the sentry - if that's what it was - and make our way into the interior of what lies ahead with more stealth. Check for traps, though - that thing may have covered its retreat."

Remove ads