[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Thateous

Explorer
"Perhaps you're on to something. Could we attempt to ambush the hunting party or just hit the camp after they leave to deal with less of them. A good longbow can fire from the trees. Thoughts?" Everret asks.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"we go when hunting party is gone." suggested Swithun, not realising that he sounded as if he were giving orders, "And we must come from the east."

He gave no explanation for the last part, assuming it was obvious.

eayres33

Explorer
Valdral nodded when Swithun talked, “I agree we should attack from the east and free the prisoners first. Perhaps a distraction and then some of us can sneak in and free them. With the prisoner’s running free there will be chaos perhaps that will be our best chance.”

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

"It might be best to hit the hunting party while they're out." Suggests Perin, pushing his original idea. "With a bit of luck we could lure out a second scouting party too, if they go to find the missing hunting party."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 20 HD: 2/2d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 2/2 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Absorb Elements

Bolts: 34
[/SBLOCK]

You all spend the day observing the camp. Towards dusk, the hunting party returns. Fires are lit and the camp is an eerie glowing circle in the darkness. You work out watches for the night. The entrances to the camp have 3 kobolds at each of them after the sun goes down. There is a lizardman standing by one of the southern fire pits pacing through the evening.

Around 1 in the morning (whoever's on watch) notices the wolves in the kennels start barking and a few minutes later the eastern gate opens and a covered wagon is pulled into the camp. The horses are detached from the wagons and hitched to a stake near the pit where some kobolds groom and feed them. The "nervous" lizardmen seems to be directing the arrival of the cart. He seems even more agitated now that the cart has arrived. The wagon itself seems empty as no one is attempting unload it.

GM: I assume whoever was on watch woke people up because it looked like "something important was happening". It now around 3 am.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

"That looks important." Perin says rhetorically. "Do we wait for them to leave and ambush them away from the camp? Divide and conquer seems like the best approach to me."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 20 HD: 2/2d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 2/2 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Absorb Elements

Bolts: 34[/SBLOCK]

After a few moments, the camp quiets down. The cart drivers go into one of the kobold tents, presumably to sleep.

GM: Time will pass to dawn unless you want to do something beforehand.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
“I agree, we must act today,” Surina says; privately a bit surprised that Everett is so serious and is talking sense. “Freeing the townspeople is a priority; I vote that we try to do so after the hunting party leaves. I worry that the arrival of this wagon does not bode well for the townspeople.”

Remove ads