log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Chapter#2


log in or register to remove this ad

Kaodi

Adventurer
"I am sure Bolt will be thrilled by the company of so many of those desert beasts," says Antony dryly. He takes a long look at the scroll. "Alas, I am not skilled enough to add it to my repertoire."
 

Shayuri

First Post
Setis peers curiously at the scroll, then shakes her head. Her reaction to the sword is very similar.

"I'll guide us," she says. "Who can't see well by starlight?"
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Well I can usually tell which way I am going by looking at the stars," answers Antony. "But I suppose that is not quite the same thing as being able to see well by their illumination alone."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
If there is no other planning, no one said no to the camels so you'll have seven camels (two pack camels) taking you into the foothills of the mountains. Someone needs to roll a few survival checks to see how fast you move each day.

[MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6847138]Charlotte of Oz[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5044]Chairwoman Gene[/MENTION]
 



Janivel feels out of place traveling in the desert, and is unskilled in survival tactics, so she contents herself with keeping an eye out. She also lets Siobhan have the shortsword, sticking with her dagger.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The first two days there are a lot of unusual valleys that make it easy to go off course. On the fourth day, afternoon, the group finds themselves in the foothills of the Pale Mountain. Looking at the map you were given the tomb should be up the mountain eight to ten miles. Looking at the mountain there is a large sand flat with a river running along the north side of it. The tomb is above the sand flat and the river and although they aren't on the map, you can see in the distance evidence of switchback trails above the river that might lead to the tomb.

The old road you are traveling on becomes narrow and thorny bushes encroach on it. The entire foothill is covered in thorny bushes. There are no obvious trails up the mountain from here.

GM: Everyone roll perception
 






jmucchiello

Adventurer
You start moving toward the mountain. The terrain is difficult with squat trees dotting the landscape. Occasionally you find tiny clearings where the going isn't as slow. The barking of some kind of animal can be heard ahead. Setis whispers that they may be hyenas. As you approach another clearing, you see the beasts. There's three of regular ones and one that is oversized for the species. They catch your scent and laugh as they begin to stalk you.

Initiative order

Setis (Se) - 23 -
Antony (AD) - 22 -
Siobahn (Si) - 17 -
Jayesh (JS) - 15 -
Janivel (Ja) - 13 -
Hyenas - 9 -

Any square with veiny lines in it is difficult terrain. H4 is the BIG hyena.

B1 hyenas.png
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Antony gauges the distance to the foes as he raises his hands, electricity crackling between them. Unfortunately it appears only one of the smaller hyenas is within the grasp of his lightning magic, but that will have to do.

OOC: 1. Verbal: Electric Arc
2. Somatic: Electric Arc [roll0] Electricity Damage (DC 18 Save)
3. Somatic: Reach Spell
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Siobhan takes note of the closest smaller hyena and launches two strikes at it.
OOC: 1. Hunt Target (H2)
2: Strike H2 -- [roll0] Favored Aim Damage [roll1]
2: Strike H2 -- [roll2] Favored Aim Damage [roll3]
 


Jayesh performs some slow deliberiate moves with his arms and settles into a crouched stance hands held out like claws. The monk then moves up next to Setis and watches the hyenas.

OOC: 1: Enter Tiger Stance
2: Stride to L20
3: -
 

They won't be laughing long, thinks Janivel, and her shortbow is already in her hand - and she looses three arrows in rapid succession.

OOC: She has Quick Draw, and since the hyenas have a lower initiative, Surprise Attack kicks in - foes are flat-footed to her until they act. She's hitting them in reverse order - Hyena 4 first, then if it drops, hyenas 3 through 1.

Arrows:

Attack rolls: 1d20+8 27 1d20+3 9 1d20-2 1

The first one's almost certainly a hit, so:
Shortbow Damage (Base, Sneak Attack, Critical Extra Damage if Applicable: 1d6 5 1d6 2 1d6+10 13
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top