• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

PF2 [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Chapter#2

Janivel's content to let it go, wiping the blood off her dagger. She flips it and sheathes it with little apparent effort. "Everyone okay?"
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Antony is not much interested in a length pursuit but he guides Bolt forward enough to give the hyena one more taste of lightning to either end it or make sure it does not attack travellers again.

OOC: 1. Command An Animal: Stride
2. Verbal Casting: Electric Arc.
3. Somatic Casting: Electric Arc, [roll0] , DC 18 Reflex.
OOC:
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"I do not think that beast will be eager to waylay people again any time soon," he comments, turning Bolt back towards the others.
 
Jayesh drops out of his combat stance. He watches the creature flee and responds to Janivel's question.

"I am injured but will survive."

Any that look at Jayesh will see the multiple wounds from the hyaenodon. The monk begins to wrap the wounds to stop the bleeding.

OOC: I am down over half HP.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
As a reminder: It is midmorning and you are surrounded still by these brambles. You can see a small river winding down the mountain 3-4 miles ahead although you aren't sure where you will encounter it as the scrub obscures the land directly ahead of you.
 
Janivel retrieves her bow and checks it for damage, then nods. "Okay. I'm ready to move out if you are - if we rest, it might be a bad idea to do it away from here."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Moving on, unless someone objects. Also, if someone wants to do some healing, it can be retconned.


The group trudges through the brambles for the rest of the morning and an hour or two into the afternoon when the brambles give way to sand. A couple miles across the sand flats is the river that was observed higher up the mountain. It seems like the best place to ford the river is generally northeast across the sand flats.

GM: Perception and Survival (if you have it) checks all around.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Half an hour into the flats, everyone manages to spot a well-hidden patch of quicksand ahead of you. As you head around the quicksand, an large insect like creature emerges from the quicksand. It sizes you up before its attack.

Initiative: Party goes first.
Antony 24 @a1 32/32
Siobhan 20 @a2 27/52
Jayesh19 @b1 27/60
Janivel 18 @b2 44/44
Setis ?? @a3 40/48
Big Bug 15 @h8

If there was healing I've forgotten, let me know.

Skimpy map:
abcdefghij
1AnJay--------
2SiJan--------
3Se---------
4----------
5-----qqq--
6----qqqqqq
7----qqqqqq
8----qqqBUGqq
9----qqqq--
10-----q----
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Antony reaches into his spell pouch and draws out a pinch of sand. He makes a motion with his other hand and the sand blows away, scattering before suddenly shifting direction and pelting the ground at the edge of the quicksand. Closing his hands into fists Antony intones the words to his spell and then punches upward with one hand and then the other. And as he does, fists of sand punch upwards from the ground. They rise upwards and are followed by a head emerging, then a body. The elemental gives a roar of challenge.

OOC: 1. Material Casting: Summon Monster II
2. Somatic Casting: Summon Monster II
3. Verbal Casting: Summon Monster II, Earth Mephit at E5.
 
Janivel has her bow out in less than a second, arrow nocked; she lets a trio of them fly, hoping to down the beast before it fully gains its footing. However, she pulls on the string a little too fast on the first attack...

OOC: Arrow Attacks: 1d20+8 9 1d20+3 5 1d20-2 12

That first one's a critical failure, so I'll wait for whatever might happen next before posting damage (she might not be able to post those other attacks, after all.)
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Crit failure does not seem to have anything special here. 12 also misses, the arrow ricochet's off the chitinous shell of the creature.
 

Shayuri

Villager
Setis planted the heel of her staff into the loam and squinted slightly at the giant insect. She seemed to shiver, and opened her mouth wide. Then wider. And wider than a human mouth could possibly open. Her throat and lips and the inside of her mouth and throat seemed to shimmer, and developed thick scales or some kind of armored plating, like a crocodile, somewhat. With a thick gargling noise she then wriggled and launched a thick, green-yellow glob of something horrible at the hovering creature. It steamed and sizzled through the air, and seared the ground where it drizzled as it flew!

Perception [roll0]; Survival [roll1]
(Casting Acid Arrow on the critter! [roll2] to hit, for [roll3] acid damage plus 1d6 ongoing; edit - oops, forgot to add spellcasting stat to damage, that's +4, so a total of 6 damage plus ongoing)

(OOC - Also, Setis can spare healing for sure, I'll use her staff to do it. Just need to re-read that section so I can figure out how staves work in this :))
 
Jayesh drops into his fighting stance and move towards the creature. Once close enough he pulls a dart from its sheath at his wrist and throw it at the insect.

OOC: 1: Enter Tiger Stance
2: Stride to e4
3: Ranged Strike at Bug. Dart attacks on Bug.: 1d20+8 23 1d20+4 11 (Ignore the second attack I forgot that entering a stance takes an action.)
Dart damage: 1d4+1 3
 

Advertisement

Top