D&D 5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Wildhurst Manor
Evening

Magdalena sat forward, nodding. “Is there anything you can tell us about this House of the Circlet? Any members you know?” she asked.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 5/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Hrmph," Thadius snorted at the young woman's questions. "A secret society, pulling strings from the shadows. They would probably kill anyone that made himself known. Or kill the person that found out their identity. Both more often than not."

He looked at the lovely woman and put on his best smile. "You have a lot to learn about the 'real' world." His comment more than a statement and nearly an offer to teach. "And best do it quick before your light gets snuffed out, do to your innocent questioning."

OOC: CHA check [roll0]

eayres33

Explorer
A secret circle of scholars, that’s something I can get behind, Traubon thought to himself. Trying to keep a thoughtful expression on his face Traubon nodded, “As you wish, my Lord Baron, your secrets will be kept safe.”

Traubon watched the exchange between Thadius and Magdalena slightly curious about what Thadius was driving at.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The baron looks relieved to find understanding. "I suspect the people I have been in contact with are mere lackeys. In either case, I would prefer to keep the details to myself at this moment."

When hearing his friend Thadius scold the woman paladin, the baron nods. "You are probably right, Thadius. I do not wish to put you in more danger. Just find a clue, any clue, and return to me as soon as you can."

OOC: Tomorrow I will skip ahead to your journey to Thistle unless you guys want to ask more questions or anything.

TallIan

Explorer
Gorir

The truth at last, thought Gorir, though less sinister than I feared. Out load he said, "It will be my pleasure to help, my lord. I'm sure tracking goblins will give us ample reason to visit this compound."

When it becomes clear that no one else has anything to add Gorir says, "Excuse me my Lord, I think it best if we get some rest."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 18 (Chain and Shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 11/11 HD: 1/1d10

Offense:
Warhammer: +4 5ft 1d8+2S
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+2P
Light Crossbow: +2 80/320ft 1d8P

Warpriest 3/3 per long rest

SPELLS: Cantrips
Guidance; Sacred Flame; Spare the Dying
level 1: 2/2
Bless; Command; Healing Word; Sanctuary[/SBLOCK]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Wildhurst Manor
Evening

Magdalena scowled at Thadius. “I know enough, Tainted One,” she said, her chin lifting a bit defiantly. True, she had only spent those few months outside of the monastery, outside of her training as a Magdalena, but she had been out on a few missions now. And she wasn’t going to start listening to advice from one touched by the Hells.

She looked back to the baron and nodded acquiescence to his desire to keep things private. “We will do as you wish, milord,” she assured.

As it looked like the private interview was winding down, Magdalena pulled her robe tighter around her and returned to her rooms.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 5/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

JustinCase

After the private meeting with the baron, each of you return to your chambers to enjoy a good night's rest.

The next day you leave for Thistle just before dawn, each receiving a package of supplies for the road. The medicine is carried by Borden, who seems eager to return home.

The journey is uneventful, and the sun is just touching the horizon when you arrive at a wide-flung farming community, the center of which consists of a mill, a currently deserted market square, and the squire's manor.

Borden leads you directly to the manor, where a weatherbeaten old man in comfortable yet rugged farm attire welcomes you and introduces himself as Squire Jern. After inviting you to dinner and offering simple beds at the large but plain manor, he gladly takes the medicine and hands the medical supplies to two, three, four, five curious children who appear at his side. Jern instructs them to take the medicine to their parents, uncles and aunts, then turns to you with a faint smile.

"My nieces and nephews," he explains as the children run off to their respective homes. "Your aid is very welcome, both the medication and your assistance with the goblin Belig. I have arranged to meet the foul creature tomorrow at noon to deliver the weekly tribute, at a clearing an hour away from here. I suppose you have a plan?"

Azurewraith

Explorer
"A plan why naturally, best keep it under our hats though never know who could be listening. What can you tell us about this clearing and the goblin?"

A plan that would be a fine thing to have right now, it should be safe to assume the goblin won't be alone so a frontal charge wouldn't work, this definitely will require some finesse. James ponders a plan of action he has one but it would be risky.

"Does this goblin know of us? Prehaps our numbers? Or is he just expecting you."

OOC: On the way here did we come across any where hiding a sentry could be done?

JustinCase

"I have not spoken to the goblin at length," Jorn replies, "And I have not said anything about your arrival, so I don't think he'll expect you."

He looks thoughtful for a moment, then continues, "The clearing is just a plain spot in the woods. I just wanted a spot where he doesn't have a chance to bully the villagers anymore. It's a vile creature, full of bluster and sadistic in his taunting."

OOC: The clearing is north of here, and you came from the west. Nevertheless, you gather that hiding sentries could be rather easy, as there are many woods surrounding Thistle and said clearing.

Azurewraith

Explorer
The woods offer plenty of hiding spots, for us and them, what a awful spot for a meet the guild always used wide open plains. They could of seen us arriving wouldn't be difficult to hide a spotter on the way here... James engages his poker face as he ponders the best course of action, maybe a fire.....

Remove ads