• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

The battle was over so fast, Jariah had to stop Jakira from continuing to chomp and swap bones from already dead skeletons. The black feline ceased his activity after receiving the mental commands and looked back over his shoulder, a muddy thigh bone sticking out of his mouth on one side. “Hmmmrrrphf.”

“Well, we had been warned about skeletons. So I am not surprised to find them here, Fastus. Though, I wonder if the goblins only feared them because they could not harm with small pointy weapons like daggers. We don’t have that problem,” she added as she gestured to the fury of a feline.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +7
AC: 17, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 14 (chain shirt)
HP: 16 Current: 16
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +4
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 3/3 Remaining (Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuv, Unfetter)
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: Acid Flask

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +5, Darkvision
AC: 20/22 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 18/20
HP: 22 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce, Evasion
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Yeah, but I mean..." What DID he mean? Ah, doesn't matter, said a shake of the head and a toss of his hand.

Instead he looked about, then crouched in front of a mostly intact skull and tapped it with his cold iron 'mace': "Hey you! Why did you attack us?" he asked, loud and clear.

OOC: Thanks for the take10, TS. What's the condition on these wakizashi? Could he put them back to mint/near-mint with a bit of work?

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth looked around at the broken skeletons.

"This makes no sense. The goblins could not have been frightened of these skeletons. They seemed to pose more danger to themselves than anyone else. I suggest we remain cautious. There may be more dangerous skeletons nearby."

jkason

First Post
Wireth nods agreement as Elsbeth suggests caution. Something in Jariah's words seems to hit, as well, and he trades his twin-bladed weapon for his lucerne hammer.

"Not had much experience with walking skeletons, but I suppose it is easier to smash than cut them with so much free space inside them. "

Kaodi

Hero
"Yes, we had a favourable engagement here," says Suldrel, his tone a bit disapproving. "But we also cut through that goblin village like a scythe through wheat. We should not jump to conclusions about how well the goblins 'ought' to have dealt with the skeletons."

Once that he has let that sink in for a moment, he adds, "Whomever these bones were in life, the crew of these ships is probably not so far fetched a guess... Just keep your guard up as we further approach the wreckage."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah glanced sidelong as the young blacksmith tried interrogating the skull of an inert skeleton. The commented innocently enough, “I do not think it had much to say when it was walking around a few moments ago. It would appear that a cat’s got its tongue.”

Jakira looked up at his mistress then at the skull near Fastus. “What? I donna got no tongue frrrom it.”

Jariah gave her eidolon a smile as she mentally explained figures of speech.

The feline harrumphed petulantly and stalked towards the shipwreck, looking to explore it.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +7
AC: 17, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 14 (chain shirt)
HP: 16 Current: 16
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +4
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 3/3 Remaining (Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuv, Unfetter)
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: Acid Flask

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +5, Darkvision
AC: 20/22 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 18/20
HP: 22 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce, Evasion
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Argh! I used magic on that fight! At least you could have...pretended to need it!" Sachiko exclaimed in puny rage. She put her sword away and went over to Fastus.

"What are you doing? They're just old bones."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"But..." frown/blinked the young man from his squatting position. "They didn't make sense BEFORE, right...? Why should BROKEN BONES make any difference?"

To something that's already dead?

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko tugged on Fastus' arm.

"Come on, we're going to explore the ship. If these were some of the skeletons that went after the goblins, they might have brought some treasure back here."

Remove ads