• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

[IC] Return of the Runelords

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Duh!" Teen gunslinger rolls her eyes, still angry at her musket for betraying her in the middle of the combat. "And yet, Mrs Obvious here speaks as if everything she says comes from the gods."
Frustrated by her lack of success, the girls stomps angrily toward the next room.

@Kaodi, ignore it, just in-game fun, I have teen daughters and know the drill :p Italics are thoughts by the way, don't respond to that
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Everyone gets into position and then Shendra opens the next door. Off-color rectangles on the moldering walls show that there were once many frames hanging on the walls of this room. A selection of pens and brushes, as well as a silver-capped ink jar, lie on the floor amid the remains of a desk.

OOC: Map
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Shendra closes her eyes for a second and attempts to calm her frayed nerves a bit further. "Sir Roderic?" she half-whispers as she cautiously steps into the room. Should she not be waylaid once again she investigates the ink jar on the floor.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Shendra goes to investigate the ink jar but as she moves into the room she hears a low moan from below. As she turns toward the sound a somewhat drenched and bloated Sir Roderic drains up from the floorboards into the room in eerie mockery of gravity, then speaks in a hollow voice. “The cove.... The stone house in the wood.... The gauntlet…. Save them.... My map.... The key.”

OOC: Map
Note: This time no save is required.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
The oracle freezes, becoming absolutely still. "We accept your charge, Sir Roderic," she says, voice absolutely measured. "We will save your Cove, as best we are able." She pauses for a breath. "Tell me though, what has befallen your house? Why is the door underneath the stairs pinned shut? What befell your family here? These apparitions, they... they have wounded me deeply, in a way few things ever have."

Diplomacy: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Sir Roderic looks confused as Shendra addresses him. "House? Door shut? The cove.... The stone house in the wood.... The gauntlet…. Save them.... My map.... The key.” This time his voice seems more frustrated and angry.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
The seer takes a step back. "The cove, the stone house in the wood, the gauntlet, your map, the key," she repeats, making a mental checklist (not her first, by far). "Got it. How about we come back later when we have made some progress," she adds before stepping back out of the room - and closes the door behind her. Whispering conspiratorially in Teea's direction she says, "We should clear the place out. Hopefully we will find this map and key or whatever somewhere here."

Map
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
As Shendra closes the door she sees Sir Roderic begin to drain back down into the floorboards. His voice fades as he goes... "The cove.... The stone house in the wood.... The gauntlet…. Save them.... My map...."
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"I think we go through all of the rooms up here, and then we look in the basement," answers the older woman. "Hopefully we find at least one of the objects, and maybe some answers to my other questions. Sir Roderic did not seem to understand what is going on in the rest of the house, but it may still be part of this mystery." Shendra then gestures to the door Michael is standing in front of.
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
The group repositions and then Shendra opens the next door. Inside she finds sagging shelves, one of which has partially pulled free from the wall, line the walls of this room, set with spools of thread, boxes of needles, moldy scraps of cloth, bolts of decaying fabric, and various types of shears. A round box of soiled yarn rests on a worktable along the north wall, and a dress form lays propped in the corner.

OOC: Map
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Shendra gives a small sigh as she looks around the decrepit sewing room. It took her back a bit to her youth and the way her own mother had tried to impress skill with a needle and thread upon her. "This must have been nice once upon a time," she says as she takes a look around.

Perception: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"I want to help you, if you will give us the chance," the oracle says to whatever spirit may be present; Roderic's wife? "I know it's tempting to throw things about, but we could just talk instead, couldn't we?" Not that this spirit will necessarily be more cogent than Sir Roderic's, but Shendra thought it was at least worth a try before she was likely assaulted by the contents of the room.

Diplomacy: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
There is no answer to Shendra's question. But after a short wait the contents of the room indeed start to move.
The items in the room come to life and chaotically fly through the air. Flurries of needles fly about like straw caught in a dust devil, while scissors and shears flap dangerously through the area. Strips of cloth fly through the air, and spools of thread and yarn spread like ever-shifting webs. After what seems like an eternity everything drops to the floor motionless. It appears that the room is now safe for entry.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
The seer quietly enters to take a quick look around, examining anything that might not been part of the deadly dance, like the dress form. Once she is satisfied nothing of interest is here she moves onto the next room.
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
There does not seem to be anything here of any worth. However upon examining the round box of soiled yarn there seems to be something odd about it but Shendra cannot quite figure out what has caught her eye. It is odd that the soiled yarn was not pulled out nor was the box moved during the mini storm that just occurred.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
After saying a magic word or two she steps back and uses her mystical reach to probe the contents of the box. "There is no need to hide," she says quietly - but guardedly.
 

Advertisement

Top