D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Finally the leader shows up and suddenly all the trolls are running after the shape. With a sigh, mord ordered his skeletoms to follow them and started jogging along himself.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Trolls vs Skraggs

The trolls clambered down the ice-shelves and reached the bottom, a slick-flat surface of slush-covered ice. They moved forward in the fog, and Mord, who was passed from skeleton-to-skeleton before he reached the bottom, could only just make out their large shadows in the fog as they formed two fronts to pass around an ice-pillar on either side.

From both sides of the ice-pillar other forms moved. From the troll's perspective, they saw a troll coming through the fog on either side. One of them said, "Hey Bruddah, wotchoo doin' doon har?" before gasping as the troll lumbered toward him.

It was grotesque - eyes bulging, skin cracked and oozing. The troll had been drowned and returned to unlife by foul magic.

"Dey bin Nekkermunched!" shouted a troll, to gasps, growls, and grunts from the others.

OOC: All the trolls (not the skeletons) need to roll a dc12 Wisdom Save or be Frightened for 1 minute. They won't flee (they're too tough and dumb for that) but they'll have the condition for 10 rounds, which would suck. Wait for me to roll the round before attacking or anything, though. It took long enough just to get down and move forward.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sesto & his Kobold Zombies

In spite of his borrowed crampons, Sesto lost his footing and he slid past his kobold zombie minions, who toppled over themselves, sliding after him. The crack was rough, steep, and full of sharpish ice. As Sesto slid over the ledge, scarmbling, Lorenn whipped a sea-bird's feather out of his pocket and blew it toward them. The cleric and his minions mimicked the falling feather, floating back-and-forth as they tumbled, and Sesto was able to grab the lower ice-ledge and pull himself up onto it. He caught the zombies's rope and pulled them over as if they weighed like the feather, and the last zombie hopped down.

Looking over the ledge of his secondary ice-shelf, Sesto saw that they would have fallen further, onto a patch of fiendish ice-spikes that were hidden in the fog in a deep fissure below the south corner of the crack.

Alhana

Alhana had been further back, but when Sesto had fallen, she too lost her footing, but the spry elf gracefully wedged herself in the corner of the crack, dangerously above the potentially harmful fall, but safe, for the moment.

Primus

Having seen the others have these troubles, Primus stayed close to the north-west wall and he worked his way safely to the rope and climbed carefully down to the ice-ledge below.

GM: Damage Taken:
(BGs) None;
(PCs) Sesto 6 (Icy scrapes from sliding);
(NPCs) KZ1 6; KZ2 3; KZ3 2; KZ4 4; KZ5 0 (Icy scrapes from sliding)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto draws himself up on the ledge. That was a close call, he thought and waved back at Lorenn as a thank you. His kobold minions were also safe.
Sesto looked down where he would have ended up and thought that his Cat's Grace would probably not have helped there either. He then moved his gaze past Oggsbruff and tried to see if anything was moving in the mist below. Maybe they were lucky and nobody noticed their entrance.

OOC: Con Save for Spell Concentration DC10 (adv War Caster): 2d20k1+2 16
Move up next to Oggsbruff.
Action: Perception check: 1d20+5 6. Hmm, you'd think that someone with passive perception of 15 would see better than a 6 when actively staring at something. LOL. It's probably the mist...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sesto climbed up on the shelf and began to move toward Oggsbruff, but the big troll had climbed over the ledge and down a level, moving across the treasure-shelf toward the next drop-off.

Kalorn had held back, worried that his leg would cause him to fall and slide to oblivion. He had seen a book in the scriptorium that called to him, its spine bound in glowing runes. He wondered what wonders the book held, but he knew that this was no time to look at it.

Eko and Sooty spread out, with the owl heading toward the east and the bat heading toward the west. One level down, shrouded in mist, Sooty spotted a troll-sized creature moving through the freezing fog.

OOC: Sesto can't keep going until I roll the round, which I'm about to do. You can decide what to do from my map. I think that Sooty is too far away from Kalorn to communicate his findings (a hundred feet, right?) but when Kalorn gets down, I'll have him fly close enough to report. At any rate, I'm gonna roll the round...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn looked away from the book. It was probably cursed, or trapped, or utterly evil. It was bad enough that he had a demon leg.

"Time to earn your keep" he muttered to it.

He started climbing slowly, methodically. He muttered prestidigitations to create dirt patches on the ice, increasing his grip.

athletic check climbing: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8

It wasn't enough. (OOC: Unless I get advantage ;) )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases