D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

"The one's we just fought at Swan's Nest were probably from the southeastern contingent," Escella says.

(Which direction is Newfield? What route did we take to get to Swan's Nest?)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 0

“We’ll definitely take a look at the main cap,” Angis said. “Can we remount our crossbow up on that balcony?” he asked. “Or would it be better coverin’ the main gates?”

Angis studied the map. “Where’s the river go?” he asked. “North is the closest encampment. We’d have the manor between us an’ the main encampment t’ shield us. But the openin’ the southern route would be easier t’ get the noncombatants oot an’ doon t’ Daggerford f’r reinforcements. An’ yuir right. We’ve likely killed some o’ ‘em already. West is gonna’ be way more difficult.”

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (597r)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 40/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 2/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"What if we took out one of the smaller camps first? It lets us test their effectiveness, and we're a small enough group that we might be able to come up behind them, and get away, scattering into the woods. If we had surprise and came from a direction they weren't expecting, we might be able to thin out the forces at the main camp."

Tommi paused, thinking. "Or I guess we could just hit the main camp, so they're not prepared? See what damage we can do and run off?" The hobgoblin's blade on his hip seems to pulse at that suggestion: Someone's blood would be spilt.

"How small do you think these camps are? We had trouble with five orcs and few dogs," Escella says. "It isn't a dozen orcs laying siege here. It's hundreds or more."

"I wouldn't expect hundreds or they would just storm the manor...but yes, we cannot just charge in."
Escella, you had trouble because you ran into them. And I wasn't with you, you'd be amazed how much one spear can mean. We're going prepared this time. Let's do this properly."
Vairar looks over the map.
"I suggest we go against southern camp which we may have already weakened. Then move immediately against northern one if we're capable so we gain surprise and the main camp even if notified sends the reinforcements to the south. So lets vote:
South
North
Main camp or
West? You have my suggestion."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I say we hit up that northern camp first, it's the closest one and we'll have an easier place to retreat to. Also... I need some time before we go anywhere, one of those orcs seemed like it wanted to grab it's bosses axe before it ran off. There might be something special about it, and we need all the advantages we can get at the moment."

"You suspect the ax is magical?" Escella says.

"I agree about the southern camp. They are weakened and more importantly, only they might know that orcs have been killed recently. If we can stop them from sending that information to the other camps, they other camps won't be on high alert."

Remove ads