D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Grand Staircase
Morning
Round 0

Angis frowned, looking at the others. “Is Sir Darfin in danger?” he asked. “We can investigate, but shuild we gae after the laird first?”

Hunter’s Mark (50r)

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6+Dex 100/400
Bolts: 55
Bolts used:

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Attack
Attack 1

Attack 2

Bonus Action:

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack

Hunter’s Mark (if needed):
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (???)
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5
Speed: 30
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 49/58 HD: 2/6d10+2

Bolts: 50
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 2/2

Spells
1) 2/4 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
2) 2/2 Pass Without Trace
Primal Awareness (cast each spell once per long rest): Speak with Animals, Beast Sense
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel looked down the stairs from whence Talynen came and the passage was still full of fog. He strained his ears trying to make out what was going on down there. He hears nothing but the ringing in his ears from the last attack by the shadowy creature.
I can't carry this any more, said Lionel and dropped his backpack to the ground... it was just too heavy at the moment. Why am I feeling so weak? What just happened here?

"I got not response when I sent a message to Lord Darfin. Where was Shalendra supposed to be?" Escella attempts a message cantrip to Lord Darfin in the direction of the portal room. "What is your status? Gatehouse is secured. Undead shadows have invaded the kitchens." If that fails, she tries again with Shalendra.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi looks to see if his companions are alright. Because of Escella's dream-vision so recently, he is particularly reassured to hear her asking after another (but that would be her way, wouldn't it? He should keep an eye on her to be sure). It's then that a wave of nausea hits him, and he realizes he lacks the strength he thought he had. The shadows.

"Are the portals safe?" he asks, remembering why he had separated in the first place. He is not well (14/34 HP), and he will be cautious. But he knows the importance Lord Darfin places on the recesses. And the death of so many guards leaves them vulnerable.

OOC: Tommi heads towards the portals quickly (Move+Dash = 60') but safely (action: Dodge; reaction for half damage if needed). 1 stone left.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Talynen had been their liason when they had arrived at the manor. He was the one who had shown them to their rooms. The Daggerfordians generally liked and respected him as a friend of Sir Darfin, but they did not feel subordinate to him. His suggestion on their course of action was faced with a mixed reaction. Though they were weak, battered, and possessed too little information, the headstrong lad Tommi seemed to speak for them all when he immediately headed, wobbly as he was, for the guard room and the portal room beyond, where he expected to find the elf lord.

Estella was again frustrated by her seeming inability to contact anyone with her magic, but the others were heading forward, come what may.

They moved through the guard-room, which was quiet and slightly-less filled with the choking miasma of the grand staircase and the cellars. Tommi opened the unassuming door in the back of the guard room that would eventually lead to the portal-room.

Directly beyond that door was a short hallway, that led to a shrine to the elf-God Corellon. Standing on the other side of the shadowy room was Titus, his face half a mask shadow and his opposite eye smouldering fire. Between him and Tommi was the statue of the elf-God, but it wore a sack over its head, stained with infernal symbols.

"I am sorry my friends," said Titus in a half-pleading tone, "But I can't let you pass through here. Sing-Axe has me. I tried to say 'no', but I was pledged to serve him long ago as a child. I was not quite strong enough today to refuse him. Forgive me."

Escella again tries to send a message, this time to Shalendra. "Lady, we cannot find Lord Darfin. Is he there with you?" After that she says, "Titus, stand aside. We don't have time for this."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC:
Is Talynen with them?
How soon before weakness from shadows passes?
Talynen can follow them if you want. I doubt that he feels all that safe alone in the cellars at the moment. Also, his goal is probably to find Sir Darfin ASAP, so if they're heading that way, he might as well too. These elves are pretty good people, and while they have ranks, they don't tend to hold grudges against people who don't "follow orders" (chaotic good) - especially if it makes sense. He probably shrugs and follows.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/Portal room
Morning
Round 1

OOC: As far as I’m aware, the Strength damage will last until after a Long Rest or someone casts Greater Restoration on you.

Angis glowered at Titus as the young man stood there blocking their way. “Boyo, dunnae ye gae gettin’ ideas. Ye think we willnae cut ye doon where ye stand, even if ‘tis tae rescue a damn pointy-ears? Sing-Axe, I’m a dward. I know a think or two ‘boot destroyin’ a damn cursed axe. What’s yer game ‘ere?” He clacked his own axes together menacingly as he moved his magical mark to Titus.

Hunter’s Mark (49r)

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6+Dex 100/400
Bolts: 55
Bolts used:

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Attack 1

Attack 2

Bonus Action:

Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack

Hunter’s Mark (if needed):
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Titus)
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +5
Speed: 30
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 49/58 HD: 2/6d10+2

Bolts: 50
Bolts used:
Handaxes: 2/2

Spells
1) 2/4 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
2) 2/2 Pass Without Trace
Primal Awareness (cast each spell once per long rest): Speak with Animals, Beast Sense
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorcerer

Remove ads