D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi slung a stone at the orc sniper, but the lad was in a lot of pain from his arrow-wound and the stone went wide. To help his friend, Dandin sent a magical lullaby that caused the archer to fall asleep, nearly slumping off of the cliff. Tommi slumped against a bush to catch his breath.

Through the hole in the rocks, Escella had a perfect view of the orog as it threatened Dandin. She struck it hard with a burst of chaos magic, and it cussed, shaking its head. Still, it raised its axe, about to bring it down on the halfling, when Dandin suggested, "Look behind you!"

The orog turned as Angis rushed foward, ready to give it a go. The axe dropped, but the dwarf was better able to stand against it.

Sir Darfin and his guards shuffled away to give Vairar room as the elf warrior-cleric pierced the ogre's side with his spear. A large quarrel zoomed between them from the wagon, narrowly missing both as the cleric and the ogress squared off. She scratched him with her wrist-claws and the cleric burst into a mess of lightning that burned the brute. She cursed at him while wiping her brow and said,

"I see whatcher are, now: A slave. A no-good slave who shud knowiz place."

In the force-cage, the bear and the claw-shaman were alone. The shaman attempted to get the bear to climb over the invisible wall, but was hasty in his actions. The bear swatted and bit at him, still annoyed at being burnt and free of the collar. The shaman was forced to retreat and to heal himself as the bear grunted obstinately.

The horses could smell the bear, and they shied, snorting. Titus wanted to get into the fight, but it was important that he held the horses to keep the wagon safe and steady while Lionel reloaded the mounted crossbow.

In the sky overhead, Morwen the winged cat and ORB5 the little round construct flew around each other in greeting before flying off in different directions.

GM: Resolutions
(PCs)
Angis dashed
Dandin cast sleep (34) on Sniper (Sleeping)
Escella did 33 (chaos) damage to Orog2
Lionel
missed Ogre
Titus
held the horses & dodged
Tommi missed & dodged
Vairar did 11 (spear) & 16 (lightning) damage to Ogre
(NPCs)
Darfin missed again
SunElf Guard1 dodged
SunElf Guard2 disengaged
SunElf Guard3 disengaged
Blaze dodged
ORB5 dashed (flying)
Morwen dashed (flying)
Ogre did 8 (claw) damage to [bVairar
Bear[/b] did 8 (bite) & 13 (claw) to OrcClaw
OrcClaw
healed (CLW, lvl2) himself 11
Orog1 died
Orog2 did 7 (axe) to Dandin cutting words & 8 (axe) to Angis
OrcSniper
slept
Orcs1-6 dead

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Doughty Daggerfordians & Sir Darfin vs Orc Encampment on the Road South
SouthRoad8.jpg

Locations:
(BGs) Ogre (V24); Bear (X19); OrcClaw (W19);
Orog1 (dead); Orog2 (U19); OrcSniper (Z6, sleep); Orcs (Dead)
(PCs) Angis (U18); Dandin (T18); Escella (R21); Lionel (AQ27);
Tommi (W11); Titus (AL25); Vairar (X25);
(NPCs) Blaze (AM27); Morwin (AD14); ORB5 (AG18); Horses (AM25); Wagon (AO25);
(Elves) Darfin (AA25); SEG1 (R22); SEG2 (AA24); SEG3 (AA26);
(Notes) Visibility: Outside: (Bright); Camp: (Dim); Terrain: Forest (Difficult); Cliff (30 foot drop);
(Spells) Wall of Force silver line (V17+)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Angis AC14(15) HP 4/40 HD 1/4 PP14* SS 0/3
Dandin AC14 HP 3/23 HD 4/4 PP14 SS 1/4 1/3 BI 0/3
Escella AC14 HP 13/24 HD 3/4 PP 14 SS 2/4 2/2 SP 0/3
Lionel AC14 HP 35/35 HD 4/4 PP13
Titus AC19* HP 30/30 THP 7/7 HD 4/4 PP11 SS 2/2
Tommi AC14 HP 14/28 HD 2/4 PP14
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 9/31 HD 2/4 PP13* SS 3/4 2/3
(NPCs)
Sir Darfin AC18 HP 36/60 PP 15*
SunElf Guard1 AC16 HP 5/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard2 AC16 HP 8/16 PP12*
SunElf Guard3 AC16 HP 2/16 PP12*
Blaze (Warhorse) AC12 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP11
Horses(2) AC10 HP 19/19 HD 3/3 PP10
Morwin (Tressym) AC12 HP 5/5 PP15*
ORB5 AC13(18) HP 10/10 PP14* SS 0/3
Name * Damage Taken * (Notes)
(BGs)
Ogre AC16 HP 10/60
Bear AC12 HP 35/40
OrcClaw AC11 HP 26/45 SS 3/4 1/3 0/2
Orog1 AC16 HP 0/50 (dead)
Orog2 AC16 HP 11/50
OrcSniper AC13 HP 23/26 (sleep)
Orcs1-6 AC13 HP 0/15 (dead)
GM: End Round Seven; Begin Round Eight

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi is frurstrated that he has been unable to help as much as he has wanted. But he is going to get that sniper, even if he doesn't know the sniper is currently asleep.

He scrambles over the rocks and makes his way to the top of the cliff.

OOC: Climb to the sniper. Move+Bonus = 60' move = 30' climb. If it's non-controversial, he makes it to the top.
Action: slit the sleeping sniper's throat.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
He saw the axe coming down, Angis was coming and he pointed in a desperate attempt to distract the Orog. And it worked? The swing missed him by a hair. He couldn't believe it. Then it turned away to srike at Angis. Dandin flicked his wrist, bringing Suren's call back to it's weapon form and he trued to thrust. Unfortunately, he was in too much pain, and it foiled his attack.

"Okay, come on Dandin, there's still a lot to do here. Don't let it get to you..."

Feeling slightly better, he raised his sword once more, but he couldn't think of any more witty comments.

Siren's Song: 1d20+5 7 1d8+5 7 (added 2 more damage than I should, not that it matters.)

Casting Healing Word on himself.
Healing Word: 1d4+3 7 HP 10 now.

OOC: everything is in orcish

Vairar takes the hit and sneers.
"I survived orc slavery. I was tortured, burned, maimed. But I live to see all of your kind burnt to ashes! Witness the glory of the Lady of the Winds!"
Vairar heals himself with a word.
"I can take more hits. How many can you take before you fall, mistress?! And how many times can you afford to hit me? I am an elf and proud of it. You think just because we like good living that we're soft. Well, WE ARE NOT!"
He trusts at the ogre again, but this time, in his anger, he broadcasts his intention and target too clearly and she sidesteps easily.
He grins.
"Well played, you won't get me riled up again."
"As long as yon wall is here, you're alone. And nothing you can do will bring it down since that elven lord is out of your reach. You move, I kill you. You attack, my goddess kills you. You can surrender now and live."

Sneer again.
"Slave, eh?!"

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lord Darfin casts again and with the same results. He tried to shoot above Vairar then changed his mind mid-casting and tried to hit between Vairar and the wall...with the result of minor flash and pulse of the magical wall.

Letting out an elven curse, he moves further back, followed by his guards.

Firebolt vs Ogre; fire damage: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
2D10 = [10, 1] = 11
- I don't think I hit once with this...

Move: 3 squares back toward the chariot, followed by the guards
Darfin: AD25
Guard 2: AC 24
Guard 3: AC 26

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Floshin Estates/South road
Late Afternoon
Round 8

Angis grunted as the orog’s axe slammed into him, leaving him swaying on his feet with sheer dwarven stubbornness. .

Giving a dwarven battle cry, Angis’ blades slashed at the orog.

Mounted Crossbow: +6 2d6 100/400
Bolts used: 3

Marauding gnolls (Ardeep Forest, noble hunting party hostage)
Orcs in the north (Harpshield Castle, Floshin Estate, Newfield)
Lizardfolk with steel weapons and armor (Rock Tower, Crom’s Hold)

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Battleaxe attack
Battleaxe: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Bless: 1D4 = [3] = 3
Hunters Mark: 1D6 = [6] = 6

Bonus Action: Battleaxe attack
Battleaxe hunters mark: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D8+2+1D6 = [1]+2+[2] = 5

Bless: 1D4 = [4] = 4

Horde Breaker:
Reaction:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark (Orog 1) (592 r)
Conditions: Bless (Vairar)
Inspiration:

Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14/15 (dual wield)
HP: 4/40 HD: 1/4d10+2

Bolts: 11
Bolts used: 1
Handaxes: 12/12

Spells
1) 0/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.

Escella
Vairar - elven cleric
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
Lionel - halfling rogue folk hero
Escella - Human sorceror

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Hold the horses still! shouted Lionel to Titus. My aim is out when it's rocking so much.
The horses were skittish and obviously didn't want to be any closer to the ogress. Titus tried his best to soothe and settle the horses but with limited success. What do you think I'm doing? Titus yelled back. At least Blaze, his warhorse, was well-trained enough to remain calm. Bessie the mule had found a patch of grass that she was munching on.
Just Shoot! Titus continued. How hard can it be to hit an enormous ogre, eh?
Lionel ignored Titus and took aim again. This time it looked as if the quarrel hit its mark.

Remove ads