D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi slaughtered the bragging but informing worg, and the battle was over. Though they were aware that there should be a fourth worg - it did not appear. Oh-Six flew up into the sky and reported that it was in the center courtyard, perhaps remaining to guard a door.

With the danger past, the bickering resumed. Lunn led the way through the servant's entrance, carefully searching the area for traps. The old brass kitchenware that had made so much noise was scattered about what would have been a service room, with the remains of three wooden tubs with washing boards, a few buckets, brooms, dirty rags, and other ruined housekeeping items. A rusted iron cauldron hung from a hook over the fireplace. The door opened under a staircase, that led upward.

Above, the noise of of stomping feet and dragging furniture suggested that the room above was being rearranged, most likely to create defenses against them.

"Does that sound like it's right above us?" Escella whispers. "Think we could collapse the ceiling here? Hard to make an ambush when the floor disappears from under you. I ask because I'm not well versed in construction or in this case wood rot."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"We could also smack at the ceiling over there" (Tommi points as he whispers) "to split their attention. Even as we come up through the stairs."

Vairar enters after the group and tests the integrity of the ceiling with his pike. "I can blast a thunderwave into it and hope it gives away. By the sound of it, they already know we're here so no use to try and be silent. Other than that, I can charge into the barrier above and do the same. It may give you some breathing space to come and save me. Tommi, you're NOT charging the barricade. Especially not as a first strike man. There are people with actual armor here."

OOC: in the interest of moving things along, if everyone agrees, Vairar casts Shatter (ASSUMING THIS HAS ANY CHANCE OF WORKING as determined by the group expertise (dwarves?) ).
He does max damage (24)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi does not understand Vairar's concern. He's still pointing to the roof where he thought he would be tapping the floor above.

"Wouldn't think of it," he says with a shrug. He draws three stones from his pocket, cups them in his hand, and blows, as he puts the reluctant Gutter back in his belt.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Helgrim studies the structure intently, moving up to any support beams or stone structures, almost putting his big nose into it.

"Aye," he mutters to himself, nodding then repeating the process at different spots before reaching a conclusion.

OOC: I could decide it's viable, but it's really up to the DM. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases