• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

GreenKarl

First Post
This Gand does not recognize the beings under their environmental suits (and s/he is sure that they are some form of environmental or exotic environmental provider suit). Nor does this Gand recognize the design of the suits themselves. They seem very obscure and it seems fairly apparent that they are trying to remain unknown.

The spice in its current form is a semi-solid, non-transparent silvery gel like substance, and when Jihahna starts cutting into it she quickly finds a hard package somewhat in the center of the mix. Pulling it out it is a white metal box of some type. Its locked and vacuum sealed...

GM: The box is about 30cm long and about 10cm tall and weights maybe 2kg total

Forged Fury

First Post

Cal raised a single eyebrow when Jihanna's investigation turned up the box. "Well now, that's not spice... looks like there's more going on here than we know. Maybe we should just take off and lay low somewhere while we figure this out. Could be a tracer, could be something more." Turning to the small astromech droid, the medic finished, "C4, keep your sensors trained on that box and let us know if you get another one of those odd spike in readings, maybe they're scanning for it."

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna doesn't seem to hear Cal, a little entranced by the mystery just uncovered. She slices away the (plastic?) vacuum seal in curiosity.

Tongue slightly protruding, she attempts to use her security skills to unlock it.

She grabs her mechanics kit and tries to open the box as best she could, though she appears to be doing so with a great deal of awkwardness.

OOC:

Started with one roll, but forgot I've no kit. You need a kit to apply prof bonus, so that's not going to help. Then trying with improvised tools probably means disadvantage, so I thought I'd roll that too... So the result either way though is most likely 11.

_: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14

Disadvantage:

_: 1D20+1 = [16]+1 = 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
C4 beeps an affirmative over the intercom and Jihahna tries to open the lock without tools but it proves to be too much... if face she realizes that if she fiddles too much with the locking mechanism and botches it too badly it seems there is some kind of fail-safe to destroy whatever is inside...

GM: Basically if you get less then a 14 on your skill check, whatever is inside will be destroyed

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela hunkers down beside Jihahna and puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Stay calm and breathe," she says quietly. "Trust your instincts as you work. Your hands know what to do...let them guide you."

(AKA - Use the force, Jihahna. :))

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
jumble drone clicketty whirr “Very smart, Jihahna Darut,” compliments the gand, nodding low to the ex-merc as the mystery box emerges.

After glancing from the box to the camera-feed provided by C4, the gand then calmly breaks off from the group and trots down the corridor towards the bridge.

===

Plunking himself down in the overlarge pilot chair, three-fingered hand start flipping switches, very glad C4 followed her earlier instructions to prep for just such an emergency.

Please prepare for emergency take-off,” announces the artificial female voice over the ship’s internal PA.

Hands are already starting to pull back on the throttle sticks, loosening the slack as the engine whine rapidly cranks up, thruster-vents clacking open outside....

[sblock=Actions]Give a round or two for everybody to brace or exit - or whatever they decide, as wanted - then emergency take-off and blast-off towards the outer atmo at speed, please.

Pilot roll if needed, with advantage from C4 helping: Hashin!: 2D20.HIGH(1)+7 = [11, 1]+7 = 18[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna stops sticking her tongue out and looks at Kacela with a raised eyebrow.

"You telling me I can use the force to help open a box? Next you'll tell me young padawans use it for play!"

She chuckles momentarily at the thought of a Jedi child using the force to throw a ball around, but then considers her joke seriously...

She supposed that going with the philosophy that everything was connected through the force, there'd be no reason why it wouldn't be involved in everyday life...

She starts blushing suddenly at the realisation she had ignored Cal, simply then nodding to the Gands complement.

So she nodded at Kacela's instruction, taking a deep breath, eyes closed, Jihahna empties her mind as best she can.

OOC:

Use the force? Literal roll? Jihahna will just use it to either try and open the box or get a clue as to how... Whichever is deemed more appropriate. Then she'll try again?

_: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged Fury

First Post

As the artificial voice came over the loudspeaker, Cal cursed under his breath. The Gand had a tendency to take matters into his/her hands. He still wasn't entirely sure they could trust the new Jedi arrival and now he was going to be coming along for the ride. But, if nothing else, Cal knew how to prioritize. Darting toward the bridge, he angled for the co-pilot/weapons station and strapped in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads