D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Archon Basileus

First Post
The ogress struggles as she can against the persistent attacks. No one can tell what exactly brings her down - Aanzu's strike, Harfik's move or Lyllie's chocking hand. In the end, the creature agonizes slowly towards the floor, surrounded by pieces of stone that the roof lets loose in disarray.

The very few greenskins that are able to see their fallen leader seem shocked by the event. The trio of goblins begin to run through the corridor just now occupied by Lyllie. A few cries of retreat are heard, here and there, as the aware greenskins begin to return towards the eastern door, while some of them run towards the chasm on the opposite side of the hall. The giantess still struggles against an orc in the center of the room, attempting to reach out for the baby as the creature clings to her, desperate to stop her. The vindictive orc female would rather die than see the giantess and her offspring in safety, apparently.

As for the entangled and enchanted creatures, they remain oblivious to their surroundings, menaced by the falling stones as the room convulses around the combatants. Northeast, the dust begins to settle, revealing that the mines are, in fact, cut from the main hall, at least, for now. Beyond, a group of dazed miners try to recover from the thunderous avalanche, while a single goblin remains, cowering beneath the raised claws of Tink. "Meeeercyyyyy!" - he claims, looking directly at Thulwar, as if he knew that the pet machine will obey its master.

Over her shoulders, an armored female orc glances at the heroes, contemplating their dead leader. She gathers an entourage of three other females, leaving through the eastern door with a vindictive look carved over her scarred features.

[Ok, short one, to rally everyone once more! Lyllie and Icosa are close to the child. Most enemies are attempting an escape. One more turn, rocks still falling!]
[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Tink, hold him! Bring him!" Thulwar quickly puts together another fizzling concoction and throws it at the orc holding the giantess.

He motions for the miners to dig the rest out.
"Dig! No one stays behind! Quick!"

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu stands over the fallen ogress, coming out of his battle trance. He is about to proudly proclaim his victory when rocks fall down from overhead, narrowly missing him but smashing into the body of Sardath. Another few rocks come down, and it is only because of his quick reflexes that Aanzu manages to avoid being hit.

Looking up to make sure no other debris is about to hit him, Aanzu starts towards the ogre and with his large sword cuts away the creature's ears, then plucks out its dead eyes.

"The cat fought well," the dragonborn prince states as a farewell to another warrior. "This one is proud to devour your spirit."

He then throws the ears and eyes into his draconic jaws, chewing on the bloody things as Aanzu looks around for what he should do next.

OOC: End rage.

Falling rocks: [roll0]
If necessary, Dex save: [roll1]
If necessary, damage roll: [roll2]

Last edited:

Neurotic

After seeing the miners obey, Thulwar shouts to the group "Guys, save the child! Get the mother there, she can carry the baby!"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Falling rocks: 1D10 = [2] = 2

Lyllie barely manages to avoid the falling rocks by ducking close to one of the half-walls. With the ogress down, she turns her attention to the lone orc still harassing the giantess and her child. She releases her spectral menace, and opts for something more tangible. She points a tiny finger, and a small bolt of flame shoots at the orc!

Fire Bolt vs. AC: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17;2D10+1 = [10, 6]+1 = 17

OOC: Maintain concentration on Entangle
Action: Fire Bolt at AA21 hits AC 17 for 17 damage

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]52[/COLOR]/52
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +7, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, Druidic
[B]Skills:[/B] Arcana +7, Investigation +7, Nature +7, Perception +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 18 (+4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 11 (+0)
[B]XP:[/B]14,075 / 23,000

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Yes, [ ] No

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13/15
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 4, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 2, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4/8) 
[list]
[*]1st Level: 1st Level: Healing Word (D), Entangle (D), Faerie Fire (D), Speak with Animals (D), Ray of Sickness, Color Spray, 
Mage Armor, Witch Bolt, False Life
[*]2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Misty Step
[/list](D) Druid Spells modified with Wisdom. All others are Wizard spells modified with Intelligence.

[B]Rituals[/B]
Tenser's Floating Disk, Find Familiar, Identify, Gentle Repose

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

As Thulwar and Lyllie attack the orc, the creature surrenders and looses its grip on the giantess, leaving both mother and child behind to fall down, dead. The child's screams still can be heard as the mother reaches for it, protecting her kin with her own body. A few slabs still come down, but the room seems to rest once more and, soon enough, becomes stable.

Around them, the heroes see the destruction caused around the room. Sardath's body lies on the ground, stripped from part of its appendages. Bodies of several other greenskins rest around, while the hurried steps and scandalized voices of the survivors vanish in the adjacent rooms and abysses that surround the hall. The only semblance of movement - besides the heroes' - remains with the stunned enemies, still oblivious to their surroundings - and to the fact that they are now prisoners. The same goes for the greenskin that Tink parades within its clutches - a small trembling goblin that complains about being restrained as it's presented to Thulwar.

The miners are able to open a path through the rubble, trying to recover some of their companions. Not all of them survived, but the very few that did so are quickly tended by the others.

As the chaos rescinds, the giantess rises, her baby in her bruised arms and a distrustful look upon her face. At some point, she seems to realize she's been saved by the group, and her features soften up a bit, even though she still clutches the child as if to keep it away from everyone's reach.

"I appreciate the help..." - she says. "Nonetheless, I have to know who are you, and why have you come here..." - she walks away from the stunned orcs slowly, looking over her shoulders and trying to maintain a safe distance from all others.]

[Guys, give me a shout if you're still there! I haven't heard from [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] in a while - in this thread at least! Are you still game? Well, I hope you are! Please, let me know if there's anything I can do to improve! [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION]]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu nods to the giantess. His draconic visage shows no emotion as he speaks, blood still spilling from his jaws from the ears and eyes he cut off the ogre moments before.

"This one is called Sethmek Aanzu, Prince of Sethmandu, and Oathbreaker. This one seeks redemption in the heart of this mountain, to please the Great Blue Dragon into welcoming Aanzu home again."

He looks around the room, focusing on the fallen ogre for a few moments, and then back at the giant.

"How did the smaller cat defeat the bigger cat?"

Neurotic

Thulwar drops his disguise and joins the group after making sure the miners are settled. He picks one he noticed as a leader and invites him along.
"Tink, guard these prisoners. Kill anyone who tries to run away."

He rejoins his companions.
"Does anyone need healing? I have potions enough for everyone. Note that it is powerful thing and can be taken once a day only. Don't use it for scratches."

Looking up, up...and up...he meets giantess eyes.
"Thulwar Metalworker." He nods at her "Do you or your baby need healing?"

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa trundles towards the infant giant and mother a few more steps, but stops when he sees that the situation seems defused, and the giantess does not trust them.

"I am Icsoa," he answers her question. "I seek to understand my origins. It is my hope that learning of my past and purpose will inform my choices for the future."

Remove ads