log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Archon Basileus

First Post
ICOSA

Raising weapon and shield, the machineman studies the area. He senses something moving towards the left, dragging itself against a wall.


LYLLIE


As Lyllie warns the others, the shy creature moves on, oblivious to everyone's presence. A lost soul, not even capable of envying the living...


THULWAR


As the gnome draws the rune, it rises in a faint luminescence, right before casting its effects upon the piece. The thing moves towards Thulwar, revealing itself to be a shard of a curved blade - probably made to be thrown against enemies. The thing holds on blood. Probably bashed against the floor, missing its target, and broke. Somewhere in the darkness, the shaft's probably lost.


HARFIK


Harfik's pseudo-memories of the cave are precise. It is as if he had visited the area already, long ago. Once, this was, as expected, a mining gallery. Exhausted, it was abandoned in favor of deeper chambers and new veins. But as the Teraphim moved down, abandoning the entire sector, something else came to these caves. At first they were a handful of mongrels, blinded by old experiments and strange evolutionary patterns. As the years went by, they became more numerous. These carvings are no doubt theirs. They profit from the areas of darkness - more and more common as time goes by - to hunt and kill. Often, though, they are forced to face the inhabitants from the stores below - the dead of Amberilan. Certainly, these strange voices are their heralds. Odds are they fought here at some point - who won is anyone's guess.


EVERYONE


The voices fall silent all of a sudden. The flames still float around, dancing within the darkness, as if trying to attract attention to themselves.

And soon the heroes understand why. Aanzu is the first to notice. Something moves around, trying to flank the group! Next, Icosa's instincts lock his senses towards the movement to his left: an ambush! Lyllie, Harfik and Thulwar are not surprised. As strange, light steps insinuate themselves, they sense the inevitable attack!

Suddenly, daggers are thrown from the front and the sides, spinning from the darkness! Icosa blocks one of them with his shield, and Thulwar ducks away from the other! Aanzu glances as the third one bashes against the stone floor, right before his feet. At the same time, Lyllie twists her body, letting yet another pass by. Harfik is able to parry one of the things mid-air with a quick stab of his spear.

The enemies revealed their positions. From the shadows, their eyes shine green, just as the flames seen by the heroes moments ago....


MAP UPDATED


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P-H9BO8-IYX6lSE2e9bttaM0U2XZlSQpYQgkZeWX3JQ/edit

MINI-SHEETS!

MYSTERIOUS ENEMIES


[sblock]ATTACK: +5/+4
DAMAGE: Thrown dagger (1d4+3 piercing); Longsword (1d8+2/1d10+2 slashing)
AC: 14
HP: 52
MOVEMENT: 50'/turn
SAVE THROWS: +3 WIS/DEX
SPECIAL: immune to poison/necrotic damage; sneak attack; swarm explosion (5' around the warrior, disadvantage; CON save throw DC 13, 1d6+2 damage in case of failure; triggered by choice and/or on death.)[/sblock]
@Neurotic @Shayuri @industrygothica @JustinCase @Greenmtn
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

"The Mongrels and dead Amberlain fought here this was a.."

Harfik's words are interrupted by the attack he adjusts the angle of the spear deflecting the dagger. Before launching the spear at the creature which tries to move out of the way. The spear catches the creature slicing through it's arm leaving a gash there and skidding off into the darkness.

"You have chosen your prey poorly" Harfik says as he simply steps off the ledge landing lightly on his feet before rushing to the creature, ducking under it's swinging arm as he slices into it's abdomen and the Teraphim sword crackles to life.
Harfik flows with the momentum of his slice to spin around and try to smash the creature in the face with his elbow, but he is out of position and unable to connect with any force.

OOC:
Spear Attack
Spear attack: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7

Reaction: Slow fall
Move to J7
Sword Attack
Attack with Teraphim sword: 1D20+11 = [12]+11 = 23
1D6+8 = [3]+8 = 11
1D100 = [7] = 7

Bonus action: Unarmed attack MISSED
Attack with elbow: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6


Does Harfik recognize this thing as a Mongrel or a Dead Amberlain?

NOTES: I'm assuming that I can use the 2 Teraphim weapons as monk weapons, if not let me know and I will make the needed changes.
I didn't know if the swords ability to divide the damage was optional or mandatory or for that matter if I had to see the other enemy. So I rolled a D100 and you can tell me if it arks to another enemy or not.

 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Almost as if Aanzu is not completely himself, the dragonborn is not quick to attack. Like a predator lying in ambush, a dragon allowing the tiny thieves the illusion of safety, Aanzu lets the mysterious creatures in the room get closer.

And closer. And closer.

Then the daggers are thrown, and the enemies reveal their positions - and their poor skills at throwing daggers, the prince notes mentally.

Opting to attack the front line, Aanzu opens his eyes and his big draconic jaws, spitting forth a bright line of cackling lightning, shocking everyone and everything in its path! Grabbing his trusted greatsword, Aanzu prepares himself for a counterattack.

As Aanzu engages in the new fight, he feels powerful, ancient eyes gazing upon him. It is as if the Thunder Dragon himself stares at the very soul of the prince. A distant thought courses through his mind: Aanzu didn't reject his sword, his own family legacy. The Thunder Dragon is satisfied. In his quest for honor, the prince keeps the memory of his lineage.

OOC: Breath weapon towards the front (can't see the map yet, but as described as "front" by the DM); a 5 by 30 feet line of lightning, dealing [roll0] lightning damage to those who fail a DC14 Dex save; half damage to those who succeed. No move.

And I copy-pasted the part that the DM sent me about Aanzu's honor, because it feels right. :)
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

OOC: Here is the map for those waiting for access to it. My post operates under the assumption that the Token on J8 is the one that threw the daggers. If not I'll move to the nearest one (I2?) and the only thing that changes is the square I end up on.
 

Attachments

  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 2,233


industrygothica

Adventurer
Lyllie eeks as the daggers fly by, and she responds by lighting up the attackers' location.

OOC: Faerie Fire H5:K8. Trying to avoid hitting Tink. This is a druid spell, so the dex save is DC 13
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar studies the creature for a moment before deftly mixing a powder with prepared mixture. It starts hissing and as he throws it at the creature it bursts spraying acid all over it. It tried to avoid the burst, but instead just ran right into the hooks of the hulking machine. As one hook pulled it closer and cut it, the other swiped across its legs pulling it down on the ground.

In seconds, the creature was in dire condition, pinned to ground by huge machine, burning and bleeding.

[sblock=Actions]
Short version: creature took 35 damage and is prone
Thulwar
Acid damage: 3D6 = [6, 3, 4] = 13 Dex DC 17 to avoid Save vs acid: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
FAIL
I rolled an attack with this instead of just damage and got a crit :( too bad I am stupid :)

Tink
Tink claw attack vs creature; damage: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17;2D6+5 = [6, 2]+5 = 13
Bite vs creature; damage: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24;1D10+5 = [4]+5 = 9 needs save vs prone Str save vs prone: 1D20 = [1] = 1 FAIL

[/sblock]
 

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Guys, I've updated the map and I wrote the names at the side of the icons. I need @industrygothica to confirm the area for her spell, since the given range only targets allies. ]


HARFIK

The lance crosses the creature, tearing it open as it comes across! A strange, inhuman, guttural scream comes from it. As the monk approaches, his eyes accommodate to the darkness, allowing him to see the source of the attacks.

A strange creature glances at the torn armor and the bruise created by the lance as it draws a longsword, preparing for a confrontation. Its eyes are empty; en lieu of its face, only bones remain. Behind the empty eyes sockets, the bony nostrils and the agitated teeth, an ethereal, green flame burns, permeating the creature's entire body. An old set of armor is crossed by small, thin lines, through which a strange green flux of energy flows. The entity moans as small scarabs run around the bones and the armor, finding them to be a natural shelter.

In a moment's notice, the monk charges twice more! The sword cuts deep, allowing the ethereal flames to rise from the bruises as it discharges a small electric current! It courses through the creature's body, disturbing a few scarabs that decide to come outside, profiting from the cut. The elbow only shakes the skull a bit, doing no harm whatsoever!

In response, the creature attacks! The sword comes upwards in an arching attack, which Harfik can easily dodge by stepping back!


[So, thanks for rolling the percentage for the weapon discharge! You can choose whether to use it or not at any given time, and the enemies respond with a DC roll. No need for a second percentage roll in the future. :) Also, Harfik recognizes the enemies as dead Amberilans, imprisoned in their bodies by a strange form of energy...]


AANZU

The dragon's breath explodes forward as the creatures advance. It targets the entity's chest, scorching the black leather armor and turning the older parts to dust almost immediately! The creature feels the current, shaking as it is targeted, and the scarabs within emit a stream of noises, as if the shock had caused them successive strokes! Afterwards, flames and scarabs burst from the bruises as the creature obsessively advances!


THULWAR


The acid does quick work of the armor, corroding bone and allowing Thulwar to notice how the flames dance around them. They are almost as and ethereal body that permeates the remnants. Green energies begin to escape the creature as Tink brings it down, lifting it and smashing it against the floor with a powerful bite. The bruised creature opens a wrathful mouth. It is quite hurt by now, but it still has some fight within itself, it seems! Kneeling before the atrocious mechanic beast, the creature emits a strange, high-pitched sound, like the rattling of many snakes! Soon, the scarabs within the entity grow restless, and merge towards the surface of the armor, leaving the bones behind as they emit a terrible sound of clattering shells and jaws! The mass bursts out of the creature, damaging it even more, and leaping forward against Tink! The scarabs fall over the machine, penetrating it through joints and fissures in between plaques...

[Tink received 4 points of damage from the scarabs]

MAP UPDATED


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P-H9BO8-IYX6lSE2e9bttaM0U2XZlSQpYQgkZeWX3JQ/edit

MINI-SHEETS!



BURNING ASSASSINS


[sblock]The silent frontline of the Lost City of Amberilan.

ATTACK: +5/+4
DAMAGE: Thrown dagger (1d4+3 piercing); Longsword (1d8+2/1d10+2 slashing)
AC: 14
HP: 52
MOVEMENT: 50'/turn
SAVE THROWS: +3 WIS/DEX
SPECIAL: immune to poison/necrotic damage; sneak attack; swarm explosion (5' around the warrior, disadvantage; CON save throw DC 13, 1d6+2 damage in case of failure; triggered by choice and/or on death.) [/sblock]


ENEMY STATE

[sblock]
Burning Assassin 1 - 28/52
Burning Assassin 2 - 14/52 *prone/used scarabs
Burning Assassin 3 - 45/52
Burning Assassin 4 - 31/52
Burning Assassin 5 - 52/52
[/sblock]

@Neurotic @JustinCase @Shayuri @Greenmtn @industrygothica
 
Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

After stepping back to avoid the sword attack Harfik presses his foe again not wanting to waste time with it, all to aware of the potential dangers in the darkness that surrounds them. He leans back in cutting up diagonally across the body creating another gash for the scarabs to crawl out of. Then continues the motion, moving his wrist in a tight circle, keeping the momentum of the blade going as he comes back across it's chest area cutting it again.

The creature stumbles back a step from the momentum of the swing as Harfik again pivots with the momentum of his sword. This time launching himself into the air, his leg coming out like a whip with a sickening crack of bones breaking as it connects solidly with the side creatures head.

Scarabs erupt form the Amberlain as it's body falls to the ground, landing on Harfik and painfully burning into his skin like hot embers.

Harfik clutches his chest where one of them landed, backing away, searching the darkness for more threats until he is close enough to Icosa that he is confident that they can defend each other.
"Aahh, Friends. The bugs within them burn! Be careful!"

 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar throws another vial of acid and dissolves most of the armor from the prone form of the ghostly creature. It still has some fight in it and swings at Tink as the great machine retreats few steps before pouncing on the other one and bringing him down too. Claw swipes the creature down and metal beak tears into it as it goes down, bloodying it. Or at least making it leak green light ;)

[sblock=Actions]
Summary: M7 takes 11 acid damage and misses with OA vs Tink
M9 takes 18 damage from Tink and is prone

Thulwar
Move: to L8
Action:

Force Wave M7, M8, M9: 2D8 = [1, 1] = 2 - spending 2nd level spell
- impossible since Tink is LARGE and takes K7-L8 squares

Change: Acid damage: 3D6 = [3, 2, 6] = 11
DEX save M7 DC 15: 1D20+3 = [6]+3 = 9[/roll] FAIL - but not yet dead
[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=211654]M7 disadvantage OA vs Tink;damage: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [6, 15]+4 = 10
1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10


Tink moves away to pounce at M9 and repeats the procedure he did on the first one, ends up K9-L10
Claw vs M9; damage: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25;2D6+5 = [5, 1]+5 = 11
STR save vs prone DC 14: 1D20 = [13] = 13 FAIL, prone and bitten
Bite vs M9; damage: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25;1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:


Shayuri

First Post
Icosa nods in acknowledgement of the warning. A blade sluices from his right arm, locking into place with a metalling 'ting.'

Then he looks to his right, the movement tracked by the strange weapon on his shoulder, and fires a pair of bursts of brilliant light; blue-white comets that momentarily interrupt the pervasive gloom as they streak across the room at one of the assassins!

(Eldritch Blast on assassin at M9: [roll0] for [roll1] and then [roll2] for [roll3] for second blast.)
 

Archon Basileus

First Post
HARFIK

The creature falls down, moaning as death closes its clutches around it one last time. Cries of pain and rage rise from the other undead, as if the monk's actions represented a great sacrilege.

"You'll pay!!!" - another one shouts, right before engaging Thulwar and Tink once more! Harfik feels in his bones the weight of his actions. Despite their appearance, these entities consider themselves noble. The creatures do not consider themselves undead. Instead, they might see their state as one of delicate immortality...

From the fallen carcass, a cloud of dust rises, as the shinning scarabs leap forward, biting at Harfik's flesh! The creatures draw blood, but the monk manages to shake them off and avoid most of them as he steps back. The bugs scatter, looking for easier, more promising prey, leaving a few cuts on the monk's skin. [Harfik takes 3 points of damage. You guys can roll for it if you want, no problem!]

THULWAR

The vial breaks, eating through armor and body. Bursts of green flame rise from the creature, and as Tink cuts through, the body doesn't resist. The undead barely has the time to finish his curses against Harfik. It falls down, corroded and cut in half after Tinks, strike. The machine shakes off the melting bugs - their small bodies carrying part of the acid thrown by Thulwar. Heavy steps advance towards the next victim, a proud assassin of graceful movement. Tink charges, cutting the undead by the chest at first. The enemy is agile, though, and dances around the bladed arms, swinging a longsword in response!

"Ancestor beast, you shall not prevail!" - a distant, thick, female voice comes from the flames. "We shall avenge our suffering NOW!" - the blade bashes against Tink's tough armor, resounding through the cave. The skeletal enemy bends the body forward, scarabs rising from a few bruises. "Strong, but not invincible..." - she resents the machine's resilience. Tink's cold, silent expression responds with a titanic swing that clutches the skeleton's legs! She tries to jump, but she miscalculates and falls down heavily on her back. Tink claws against her, but still she dodges, twisting her body on the floor and roaring against the creature! One of her legs seem crooked and broken, largely damaged by the machine.

LYLLIE

The gnome mutters a quick incantation in old jargon, a legacy from the days her people roamed the Feywild. Her faerie blood boils as lively flames burst, and a violet explosion surrounds the skeletal assassins up front, shedding even more light against the barrier of darkness. The shadows rescind a bit, revealing a dreadful sight on the floor: signs of the silent battle appear right behind the assassins inflicted by the Faery Fire. Apparently, right before engaging the heroes, they managed to kill a few of the white mutants called the Blind. Aanzu immediately recognizes the shapes on the floor. No doubt, the white goblinoid he killed a while ago belonged to this tribe...

ICOSA

The machineman redesigns his aim, the weapon humming lowly as it seeks out the target. The fallen warrior dances around, trying to avoid Tink's attacks, and doesn't realize the danger represented by Icosa. The weapon shoots, light crossing the cave suddenly, exploding right against the assassin's face! A scream of agony comes from the place once occupied by the head, now engulfed by blue and green flames that surround a severed skull! The creature tries to rise to her feet, covering her destroyed face as Tink swings once more against her. She manages to dodge, stumbling back a few steps.

MINI-SHEETS!

BURNING ASSASSINS[sblock]

The silent frontline of the Lost City of Amberilan.

ATTACK: +5/+4
DAMAGE: Thrown dagger (1d4+3 piercing); Longsword (1d8+2/1d10+2 slashing)
AC: 14
HP: 52
MOVEMENT: 50'/turn
SAVE THROWS: +3 WIS/DEX
SPECIAL: immune to poison/necrotic damage; sneak attack; swarm explosion (5' around the warrior, disadvantage; CON save throw DC 13, 1d6+2 damage in case of failure; triggered by choice and/or on death.)
[/sblock]

ENEMY STATE

[sblock]
Burning Assassin 1 - 28/52 DEAD
Burning Assassin 2 - -7/52 DEAD
Burning Assassin 3 - 9/52 *prone/faerie fire
Burning Assassin 4 - 31/52
Burning Assassin 5 - 52/52
[/sblock]

[So, I'm finally back. Again, I'm so sorry for this prolonged absence. Problems just piled up and I had to address them. I'm resuming normal pacing for all my games, guys! I hope I didn't loose you! Please, give me a shout and let's continue! I have plenty of cool plans for your characters! As for the scene, you guys can place your next actions! I'll update the map later on today. @JustinCase has an extra one from this round!]

@industrygothica @Shayuri @Neurotic @Greenmtn @JustinCase
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Curiosity about the fallen albino goblinoids rises within Aanzu, but there is a more powerful force going through his mind; the Thunder Dragon is watching him, and it expects a show of absolute dominance over these pitiful undead creatures.

Falling into his familiar battle trance, Prince Sethmek Aanzu of Sethmandu roars proudly as he finally moves forwards, towards those who think to stand a chance against his rage and lineage. Drawing two daggers with his left hand and tossing them in quick succession at one of the strange creatures, the dragonborn then takes his mighty greatsword in both hands, raising it over his head, and using his momentum, throws the blade across the room to another. A bright flash of lightning seems to shoot out of Aanzu's hands, and the blade materializes again on the other side of the undead. Rolling over the floor past the creature's grasping hands, the prince picks up his sword and with a smooth move returns to his feet, ready to swing.

OOC: Alright, so two rounds:

1: Enter Rage (bonus action). Note: Resistance to all damage except psychic. Extra damage on melee attacks.
Attack Burning Assassin #4 (K16) with a dagger (ranged): [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage
Extra Attack to do the same with a second dagger (ranged): [roll2] for [roll3] piercing damage

2: Hurl the Greatsword of Lightning in a 120 ft line towards (and through) Burning Assassin #5 (G18): All creatures in line take [roll4] lightning damage; DC13 Dex save for half damage
Move 40 feet to G17, pick up sword as free action (object interaction). This assumes, of course, there are no more creatures behind it and the sword is right there; if not, Aanzu stands unarmed but still ready for battle.
If needed, Athletics check to avoid opportunity attack: [roll5]

By the way, does that +4 STR during rage (from the Teraphim blessing) give an extra +2 to attack and damage? I have not included that, because I wasn't sure.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

OOC: Move to I12 and ready action for anything that comes close and is hostile


Harfik rolls around Icosa and runs to their other flank, taking up a defensive stance awaiting the attack he thinks is sure to come.

"You have chosen your enemies poorly. Come and discover that your immortality is an illusion."
 

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa considers his options. As he continues to track the assassins, he sends a handshake signal to the strange weapon that's integrated itself into his arm. The device has connections, but he can tell that it also has it's own separate processor and sapience. The potential existed, perhaps, to gain access to the weapon's functions via subverting its protocols, but that seems unwise. Short of forcibly removing his arm, he was unsure how to disengage from it at the moment. It would be best to try to keep on civil terms with its governing intelligence.

I am Icosa, he 'said,' though it was really just identifying data in a stream of packets, who and what are you?

In the meantime, the force cannon on his shoulder continued its fusillade, barely slowing as it swiveled to keep the heat on the assassins!

(Eldritch blasts, targeting Assassin 3 first (at disad due to prone, but cancelled by faerie fire for net normal roll), then Assassin 4 if 3 dies. [roll0] to hit, for [roll1] for 1st beam, then [roll2] to hit, for [roll3] for the second.)
 

Archon Basileus

First Post
AANZU

The prince allows rage to flow once more through him. Blood flows stringer as talons and fangs protrude, scales rise in anticipation and his body feels electrified...

But it feels different this time. Inside his skull, it is as if a thundering voice explodes. It does not speak intelligible words, but it is enough to ascertain the presence of the Blue Dragon himself! His body surges with an unknown power, coursing through his arms and legs, reaching out for his head an eyes through his spine... And just as his talons projected themselves a moment ago, his back explodes in a shocking feeling, sprouting enormous fingers from below his shoulders! They keep growing, he feels it, and in seconds they turn into fully grown wings, powerful enough to serve as fully-functional fighting limbs!

The daggers fly from AAnzu's hand with terrible precision, striking the assassin directly. It shakes under the power of the attack, scarab s flying from the fresh bruises! Soon after, the greatsword travels as lightning, striking the second creature and forcing it into a succession of spasms! Aanzu moves forward, his eyes clouded by a strange, strong sensation, and as he paces around, everyone sees that the prince has become engulfed in strange mists, like the dark clouds of a storm. From them, small electric tendrils flicker, lighting up his path while clouding his shape from attacks.

[The Blue Dragon chose to reward Aanzu's honor by granting him a stronger rage form: while in it, he can fly or use his newly-acquired winds for one extra attack, dealing a base damage of 1d8+2 - the wings have sharp bones and allow for any strength bonuses applicable at the moment to be summed up; also, Aanzu acquired the ability to control the weather around his own body. He can create clouds that'll bring any attack against him into disadvantage; plus, any attacks that lend on him will deliver 1d4 damage at the attacker per character level. The nature of such damage can be chosen at the time of the attack: either blessed or electric.]


HARFIK


The monk moves towards the frontline, standing ready for any attacks. To his right, the lascannon shoots another round, but this time Ajax misses the target. The assassin dodges the shots as it advances against the monk, scarabs trickling around his face and arms. He rises his curved blade, intoning dark chants of war, long forgotten... The monk recognizes them immediately, not through his own thoughts, but through those of the Teraphim: that was a war chant, heard in forgotten halls as the dead Amberilans charged against the Teraphim! To them, it was also a curse: may the enemy suffer in life, cower in death and linger in the afterlife!

And for a second, before the blade comes down, Harfik feels the hate the assassin nurtures against the Teraphim... And anyone that fights alongside them.


[Ok, [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION], you can post your response to his attacks before the actions for your next turn. I'll post his own after that. I prefer to do so because I'd rather leave the attack choices and descriptions to you. :)]



ICOSA


I am Icosa, he 'said,' though it was really just identifying data in a stream of packets, who and what are you?

As the cannon blasts away, the small, broken voice crosses Icosa's mind, as a filtered, robotic voice.

"This one is Ward-227, dedicated AI that controls the corresponding lasrifle functions. This one does not identify inquiring entity. Scanning... Inquiring entity's structure suggests affiliation to the Silver Knights in their original state, but any other branches of the Hipias Mechanos might hold patronage over it. Requiring clarification..." - the last line sounds like a stiff way to ask 'who are you'.

Before the dialogue ends, the cannon has blasted the assassin's body from this world to the next. His bones still burn, but the body - as well as the armor - got disintegrated by the strength of the attacks. Scarabs run loose, hiding in the shadows as they do not find a target for their hunger...


ENEMIES


Aanzu's race finishes with an assassin jumping from the shadows. He cries loudly, voicing the same curse uttered against harfik by his peer. The very nature of the words enrages the Blue Dragon, and the spirit shakes within Aanzu's body, uttering stern words in draconian. They're not hard to discern, even though in this state Aanzu can'1t tell if they are his own inner thoughts responding to the curse or the will of the spirit, fending off the darker effects of the enemy's destructive intentions.

The blade spins in the assassin's hand. He crouches, dancing, feinting and moving with great speed. He swings once against the Blue Dragon's chest and misses. The second attack returns, though, and this one barely makes it, scratching Aanzu's stomach and bruising his scales. [Aanzu takes 3 points of damage.]
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]


[So, guys, I'm finally back, building up the games again. It's been a long month and a half and only now I have got a place to work at home once more - and that was problematic, considering the amount of changes around here. From now on, I'll be able to keep up the pacing. I'm sorry for having you all lying in wait in these games till now, and I hope you'll enjoy what's to come!]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Aanzu's got wings that can attack, and he's got his own personal thunderstorm that gives disadvantages (and damage) to enemies that attack him? ...wow. He's blessed, indeed!

Just to clarify, those 3 points of damage Aanzu takes, is that after halving for resistance?
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik digests the curse and pushes the potential ramifications of it from his mind to keep it clear for the impending exchange. He replies in the same tongue, one this creature likely hasn't heard a stranger speak in longer than it can remember. The words pulled from memories not Harfiks own, older, spoken by Teraphim in battles forgotten. "Your death as your life. Meaningless."

He is ready for the attack. He has seen this approach many times when fighting for the entertainment of the masses. This attacker, skilled enough to not run forward with his sword up and thus preventing the easy kill still raises it too far, too soon...

Harfiks blade flashes out as he side steps the attack catching the assassin across the body barely cutting through his defenses but managing to leave a long thin glowing green cut in it's wake. Now beside the attacker Harfik allows his momentum to flow and his body to spin, reversing the grip on his sword and dragging the length of the blade across the creatures side. Another long green crack, scarabs falling from the blade and scurrying back to their host as Harfik re-positions himself and the assassin turns to face him once more.

"You have chosen your enemy poorly." He says coldly, his tone threatening as the rattle of a snakes tail.



OOC: OK so if I understand this correctly I have my full action still but no bonus action because of the held action so 2 attacks from a full attack action.
2 attacks with Teraphim sword: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14
1D6+8 = [6]+8 = 14
1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18
1D6+8 = [5]+8 = 13


 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thulwar bombs the fallen creature and it dissolves harmlessly in a pool of viscous green liquid that bubbles for couple of seconds before lying still. Tink charges the opposite wall, but the overhang of the cavern wall deflects his claw centimeters from the assassin, throwing impressive number of sparks, but leaving the creature unharmed.

[sblock=Actions]
Thulwar:
Acid flask vs assassin #3; damage: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
3D6 = [2, 1, 1] = 4

Crit bonus: 3D6 = [5, 2, 3] = 10 - if it weren't for the crit hit, it wouldn't be a kill
(no disadvantage for prone due faerie fire

Tink
Move: 40' to J15 next to #4
Claw; damage; Bite; damage: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13
2D6+5 = [1, 3]+5 = 9
1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
1D10+5 = [7]+5 = 12
- miss, no damage
[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top